+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

I also just saw a Donna D'Erico (sp?) rumor. She's from Baywatch. I could watch both her and Lamas. They are a lot better than some "stars" we've had.

I much prefer to see the former stars on this show, as opposed to the reality stars.
    But, the show will probably continue to cast reality wannabees because of the ratings.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I don't know about Lorenzo Lamas. I would never be able to get that horrid pointer he used on Are You Hot? out of my head. What a pig.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4148419;
    I don't know about Lorenzo Lamas. I would never be able to get that horrid pointer he used on Are You Hot? out of my head. What a pig.
    I can't believe I forgot about that I don't know what was worse, the concept of the show, or that Lorenzo was supposed to be a qualified judge on the matter. Ah, the early days of reality TV.

Seems like Baywatch is becoming the new 90210 for casting. First Pamela, then David, now Donna. I can't really say I'm impressed. Baywatch went through a lot of actors over the years, and besides the three above, I only remember Nicole Eggert, David Charvet, and Alexandra Paul. Nicole would get my vote, and David would have pre-Brooke as co-host.

I hope some better names start cropping up. I'm sure the "bigger stars" probably won't get leaked or haven't signed yet, but so far, I can't say this would be a cast to be excited about. Of course a lot of rumors turn out to be false, and "in talks" doesn't mean set in stone I guess. Still, Lorenzo and Kendra wouldn't shock me as being on the final list.

The jump from Lorenzo Lamas to Shayne Lamas is not a long one, perish the thought.

Off topic for Season 12, but some DWTS humor about a former contestant:

From The Tonight Show With Jay Leno:

Former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay was sentenced to three years in prison. The judge sentenced him to two years for money laundering and tacked on an extra year for his performance on "Dancing With the Stars."

FORT Regular

Not too many rumors apparently. Mostly people who'd like to do the show campaigning. I don't know how the "Suggest" a star would work either. How do we know that the person nominated wants to do the show? I think that ABC suggestion box is more to keep people occupied until the announcement.

Probably more rumors will come out closer to the cast announcement date. I bet ABC is still in talks. And it's been mentioned that some celebs get dumped for a future season in favor of someone else. So some random, controversial, two left footed hoofer could be a last minute deal as well. Season 10 they kept a pretty tight lid on everything up until the celebs met their pros; Pamela, Buzz, and Chad were pretty confirmed at that stage, and by the announcement phase, only Jake, Niecy, and Erin seemed to be the 3 that hadn't been spoiled (and last season Kyle was the only one). I don't really know what to make of the whole season 12 thing on the website, but I agree I think its more for fun, maybe a way to have people stop e-mailing ABC their casting suggestions. A lot of names I've seen mentioned on there are likely nos, either for being too A-list or starring on a competing network. When I see the random, odd names come up over and over again under different handles, I have to wonder if one lone fan if working overtime, thinking that'll put their celeb over the top. Even some celebs have started twitter accounts in an effort to campaign.

Lorenzo said he's in talks but hasn't signed on the dotted line, so he told his fans to go to their website and vote for him in hopes ABC will get the message. Wonder if said fan(s) will be there to mega vote to keep him in. I have to say, even though we've only heard of 3-4 possibilites, I'm not really encouraged this will be a good season. Lorenzo I could care less about, I don't recognize the Baywatch lady, and if the poker guy turned out to be on, I have no idea who he is. Kendra would still get my vote, though

Kara,

Not sure how many fans Lorenzo would have. After his daughter was on the Bachelor and they got their own show on E, it faded quickly before it got pulled due to low ratings, I believe.

I didn't really know the Baywatch lady, either. However, she was in the news out here a couple of months ago when they had all the furor about the TS body screens. She was 1 of several rather chesty (ahem!!) Hollywood types who got on the news by claiming that they were singled out for the invasive body scans due to their endowments!! Not saying the scanners are perfect, it was just obvious that she was wanting her 15 minutes more!! Couldn't bear to see her on this. I loved Pam A. She just lampoons herself. Donna, on the other hand, seemed to take herself far too seriously, though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Cheryl Cole's boyfriend Derek Hough to quit Dancing With The Stars to spend more time with her - mirror.co.uk

Cheryl Cole's boyfriend Derek Hough to quit Dancing With The Stars to spend more time with her
    by Nick Owens, Sunday Mirror 23/01/2011

BESOTTED Derek Hough is planning to quit the hit American TV show Dancing With The Stars – so he can spend more time with *girlfriend Cheryl Cole.

Derek, 25, has told friends he wants to leave the US version of Strictly Come Dancing to be at Cheryl’s side when she moves to Los Angeles in the spring.

A friend said: “Derek is keen to move on. He has won the show three times and thinks it is time for a change. And he wants to be there to help Cheryl settle into her new life.”

The Sunday Mirror can also reveal that Derek has just landed a major TV part – playing a dance instructor in the popular American sitcom Better With You.
    I think this is the third time I've heard Derek was leaving DWTS (first to do Strictly, then the X-Factor, and now this). So I'll believe it when I hear straight from the source, but personally, I wouldn't mind a break. And he can take his BFF with him, who appears to really be focusing on his music career. Maybe they think like I do and next season's celeb winner will be a male, so they figure why bother Given Maks's Ukrainian bachelor schedule, I'm also (sadly) skeptical that he'll be returning next season as well

+ Reply to Thread