+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

The stupid insta-dance is back this season.

Next weeks dances are:

Kirstie/Maks: AT & Salsa (ID)-hey, at least I'm getting an AT and a salsa
    Chelsea/Mark: Waltz & Salsa
    Ralph & Karina: Viennese Waltz & Cha Cha
    Hines & Kym: Foxtrot & Jive
    Romeo & Chelsie: Tango & Salsa

Three salsa's for an ID (I think Mark will out dance Chelsea, but Bruno and CA will love it, Len will probably give it to them this week), Kirstie might struggle. I think Romeo could have a good come back week. After his samba I'm not sure how his salsa will go but I think it'll be easier and he'll be really committed after this week. Hopefully the movie premiere doesn't get in his way (but maybe will get him some new fans). Ralph is who I worry about this week. He'll probably do well with the VW, not sure with the cha cha, and nerves might take their toll for only getting 20 minutes to practice to the music. Hines/Kym will do fine as long as they smile

The way Brooke made it sound, the third dance is a 'winner take all', and only one person will get an extra 15 bonus points So on top of possibly getting 2 perfect scores, that'd put the leader up to 75, while someone else could be down in the 40s. I can't really believe the show wouldn't award points to the others, unless they're really desperate to get rid of Ralph. It's obvious Hines or Chelsea (likely Chelsea) will come out on top of this. Kirstie will be third, and Ralph will finish fourth, which seems to be the way many of us have been predicting the final 3 for weeks. I do expect someone to get a perfect score this week, maybe two. As for the other dances styles:

Hines/Kym: Argentine Tango/Salsa
    Ralph/Karina: Argentine Tango/?
    Kirstie/Maks: Paso doble/Viennese Waltz
    Chelsea/Mark: ? (I'm guessing the rumba and regular tango, since Ralph and Hines have the AT). Those are the only three dances she hasn't done yet I believe.

Chelsea and Hines rocked the cha cha when they had it as a first dance, and Kirstie certainly impressed her first week. So I'm thinking the winner take all, whatever it is, will be good to them, maybe not so to Ralph. Two dances is probably taking its toll, let alone 3. This season just took a huge nose dive since it seems like Chelsea and the brat are destined to win.

Does Brooke really know what she is talking about?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Is there a campaign somewhere to keep Chelsea and Mark from winning? Is it possible at this point in the contest? It seems odd to me the show would proceed with annointing them as winners when the public doesn't want it.

I really hate the idea of this winner take all dance. Seems like it is giving the judges a lot of power to make sure their fav. makes it to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan View Post
    I really hate the idea of this winner take all dance. Seems like it is giving the judges a lot of power to make sure their fav. makes it to the finals.
    Have faith that once in the finals on the last night of audience voting that whichever couples are against Chelsea and Mark will receive all of the votes that were previously cast for their favorites who are a bit longer in the tooth than C&M.

Here's the final list of dances for the season:

Chelsea: (judges pick) samba & freestyle; (fav. dance/season-judges only score) cha cha
    Kirstie: (JP) samba & freestyle; (fav. dance/judges only score) cha cha
    Hines: (JP) quick step & freestyle; (fav. dance/judges only score) samba

I think between Chelsea and Hines, when they do the judges ranking on Tuesday, Chelsea could get the 10, Hines the 8, and Kirstie the 6. It'll be telling how often Tom refers to this season as 'the most even and predictable' and whether or not they make it obvious they're going to give Mark another win. Such a good season that turned so bad. I'm still bitter over last week.

FORT Fogey

I honestly don't think the judges consider Mark as a favorite - or that he is an anyway a ham, etc. He just seems to be very energetic and enthusiastic.

Meanwhile, I think Chelsea is sort of a snooze fest to watch dancing. She is lean and pretty and I'll accept the judges tho10ughts that she is technically precise ('cause what do I know of it anyway), but .... it's kind of like watching paint dry.

I'd rather watch Kirstie flopping around the floor 10x over. She has personality and charisma and is pure entertainment. And, I still can't believe she is 60. She looks amazing.

In the end, the one I enjoy the most is Hines. Well, Hines and Kim together. They have soooo much charisma and are a match made in heaven on the dance floor. They are the only couple I've rewatched videos for - and a couple of times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I honestly don't think the judges consider Mark as a favorite - or that he is an anyway a ham, etc. He just seems to be very energetic and enthusiastic.

Meanwhile, I think Chelsea is sort of a snooze fest to watch dancing. She is lean and pretty and I'll accept the judges tho10ughts that she is technically precise ('cause what do I know of it anyway), but .... it's kind of like watching paint dry.

I'd rather watch Kirstie flopping around the floor 10x over. She has personality and charisma and is pure entertainment. And, I still can't believe she is 60. She looks amazing.

In the end, the one I enjoy the most is Hines. Well, Hines and Kim together. They have soooo much charisma and are a match made in heaven on the dance floor. They are the only couple I've rewatched videos for - and a couple of times over.
    I don't think Mark is the favorite this season either. He makes for a great final, but I don't think he will win it this season. I'm rooting for Hines, but if Kirstie wins, I'll be okay with that....I think...lol

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Here's the final list of dances for the season:

Chelsea: (judges pick) samba & freestyle; (fav. dance/season-judges only score) cha cha
    Kirstie: (JP) samba & freestyle; (fav. dance/judges only score) cha cha
    Hines: (JP) quick step & freestyle; (fav. dance/judges only score) samba
    This certainly has been the season of the cha cha cha. Way overused this time around. I miss the way they used to have 2 dances per week between all the couples. I feel as if there are too many dances we never saw them do at all. Maybe that's just a by-product of mixing them up so much this season, but I know they OD'd on the cha cha.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread