+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

I'm looking forward to Sugar Ray!! I hope he can get some moves on.
    He's one of the very few on this season who I had actually heard of
    I hope he is Warren Sapp 2.0!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I'm looking forward to Sugar Ray!! I hope he can get some moves on.
    He's one of the very few on this season who I had actually heard of
    I hope he is Warren Sapp 2.0!!
    Me too! Mostly for Anna's sake, as I'd love to see her do well again. I doubt she'll win this season, but it'd be nice to bring someone to the floor that the majority don't expect much from and wind up being wowed. Sugar Ray seems to be taking this seriously and is putting his all into it, from interviews I've seen. He's one of the ones I think could go far based on potential fanbase, or might go early for the lack of fanbase.

Maybe it's the lack of having a controversial (Bristol), nostalgic (Jennifer Grey), inspirational contestant (Erin Andrews), or any Osmond, but I still feel like this season isn't getting the same pre-season treatment as the last few. I have been seeing the typical rehearsal/pre season paparrazi and press interviews, but it doesn't seem like the media machine is churning. Of course spring and fall seasons do differ based on what else is on. Either way I'm excited. Just about a week! As usual I'll be working most Monday nights but look forward to following everyone's comments, and our filler filled results shows that may or may not be suspenseful and dramatic on Tuesdays.

Am I seeing things and our dear "anointed dancer" who won three years in a row is not dancing this season? :faint

(Yes, I liked him, but I got tired of the show starting to seem to be about his dancing).

I'm seriously surprised, but also tickled if I've got this right because it allows the other dancers to shine and hopefully win.

Yea, I hate to break your heart...Derek is trying to move on to bigger and better things. Yes he was good at what he did -duh..that's his job! But I do believe his ego was getting a tad too big to fit on the small screen. I did enjoy some of his choreography but got tired of hearing about how awesome he was and how much they expect from him. And did you know that Brooke was his partner? Did she ever mention that? * sarcasm off *
    Phew - OK. Back to what's really important - I would love to see Chelsie do well; I think she's adorable. I love Maks but I don't think he will get too far with Kirstie unless the chick has some moves and surprises us all. Kendra should be great to watch, also.
    Last edited by Dicechick; 03-12-2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: cuz i cain't spel
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

If Derek returns for season 13, I hope he finally gets a dancing partner that's on the level of Kate, Bristol, or I'll even be generous and say someone like Niecy (who wasn't great but was no ringer). Since I do think he's got talent, I'd like to see what he can pull out of someone that doesn't look like they could pass as one of the pros.

The last season I fully enjoyed was season 8. I'm still sour over Evan/Anna's loss last spring, and season 11 was miserable for me due to Bristol and the entire cast (plus all the stupid gimmicks and themes thrown in, and of course the judges). Season 9 I think I would have enjoyed better had it not been for the 16 couple factor, having Donny Osmond on (love the guy but his win was even more obvious than Kristi Yamaguchi's), and whoever thought adding the TX two step was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    The last season I fully enjoyed was season 8. I'm still sour over Evan/Anna's loss last spring, and season 11 was miserable for me due to Bristol and the entire cast (plus all the stupid gimmicks and themes thrown in, and of course the judges). Season 9 I think I would have enjoyed better had it not been for the 16 couple factor, having Donny Osmond on (love the guy but his win was even more obvious than Kristi Yamaguchi's), and whoever thought adding the TX two step was a good idea.
    I can't remember which season had who since I didn't start watching until the Kelly/Louis season. My daughter and I are Ozzy fans (but didn't think too much of their TV show). That was also the season of Mya? I also enjoyed watching Erin/Maks and Evan/Anna. I didn't watch last season because there was nobody on it that particularly interested me. I also can't wait to see Ralph this season! I can't believe I forgot all about him.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

I really want Mark to win this season with Derek gone

Here's a link to ABC's Youtube channel, where've they've uploaded short clips of everyone's first rehearsals.

YouTube - ABCNetwork's Channel

Some thoughts: I wish Mark had decided to take the season off, too, or instead of Derek. Contrary to what my posts may look like, I do like Derek, I'm just over the show's infatuation with him and the trio (or duo now since Julianne is gone). I'm ready for other pros to get a shot, and as we've discussed in Chelsea's thread, this season will go down for me if it looks like the show is handing a win to Mark. But Chelsea looks great and I'm sure will take him far, if not win Not really digging her from this short clip, as she seems like another ham (also going on other bits and pieces of interviews I've seen). Perfectly nice, but I don't need another Mark. The judges will no doubt love them. Mark's got a big fanbase, and I wouldn't be surprised if she does. They're young and will be hip, and at the very least CA and Bruno will love them. Len will get there. It's going to be a long season if it's a big gush fest with the judges

Kendra's got some moves. I'm really excited for her and Louis She's got more rhythm than Holly if this is anything to go by. I'm impressed with Chris, just wish he had a different pro. Oh well. He looks to have a lot of potential and some good moves, and at the very least seems to be having fun. I wasn't expecting him to be so smooth on his feet. Another surprise? Sugar Ray. Hopefully he looks as good on the show. I worry sometimes this footage could just be a big tease and we wind up with more clunkers than it originally appeared. Sugar Ray has the foxtrot, and it looks like Chris does, too, so latin could be their downfall. They do seem to be giving this their all and really dedicating themselves. Short of getting fed up with the judges and throwing in the towel, I think they might last awhile, depending on fanbases.

Wendy and Kirstie-bless their hearts. To their credit, they look better than I was expecting. Especially Kirstie. But I'm not getting my hopes up. Ralph, I'm not sure. He looks good, but kind of clunky, too It didn't seem like they were doing much serious dancing to their routine, or at least that's what it looked like to me. Ralph is one of my faves who I've been wanting to see, so I hope he brings it. The other couples aren't posted yet. Can't wait to see Romeo especially. I'm interested, too, in Petra and Mike as I think they could be early ousters, if not the first ousters, if their dancing isn't there.

While I was watching the Bachelor last night, I was really surprised at the lack of proms for DWTS. They had a couple, but not nearly at the level they've been in seasons past.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I speculate that this is going to be one of the most boring seasons ever. I'm going to give it a shot, but I'm not holding out much hope.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread