+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Looks like we still have story night if that's true about the week 3 dances. Charleston marathon might be fun for a marathon dance, even though I wish they'd do away with the marathon dances. I think it provides even more of a screwy scoring advantages, especially since the 3 stooges get to have a say.

Samba dance off? Speaking of the 3 stooges, does that mean they get to have a say who gets to go to the finals even after the audience votes? If the week 9 set up is true, looks like they're really trying to avoid getting another Bristol to the end. Too bad I don't trust their opinion.

I'm excited about this season, but if that dance order is true, I may not be once it's done. I agree that maybe the results needed to be tweaked, but the judges (at least 2 of them) are the worst offenders with their over and under scoring. It is wikipedia, so I'll take it with a grain of salt for now. I could believe the rumba going back to being a week 2 dance. In fact, the week 2 dances would makes sense because they'd be easier than the jive/quick step we've always had. This might prevent those TPTB want to stick around from totally bombing.

I'm so excited for this season. Two weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    I'm so excited for this season. Two weeks!
    I'm sort of surprised at the lack of spoilers and footage, as it seems like by now we have tons. Including all, or nearly all, first week dances and song choices. Not that it's a big deal, but just surprising (I can postpone knowing whatever beloved song the "best band in the business" is going to butcher-maybe for the second or third time).

I am enjoying the wide open field right now, and I hope it continues to be anyone's game. I really hope anyone but Mark wins this season-though Chelsea, Romeo, and Kendra are considered front runners. Kirstie and Wendy are said to need work, and Sugar Ray and Ralph seem to be in the middle. At the very least Kirstie and Wendy seem to be providing some comic relief to Tony and Maks. I think they're going to be a riot, along with Kendra (love your avvie BTW )

Here's a quick clip from ET featuring Kirstie/Maks, Kendra/Louis, and Ralph/Karina. I still can't get over how young Ralph looks!

YouTube - Will 'Dancing with the Stars' Push Kirstie Alley to the Limit?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'm sort of surprised at the lack of spoilers and footage, as it seems like by now we have tons. Including all, or nearly all, first week dances and song choices. Not that it's a big deal, but just surprising (I can postpone knowing whatever beloved song the "best band in the business" is going to butcher-maybe for the second or third time).

I am enjoying the wide open field right now, and I hope it continues to be anyone's game. I really hope anyone but Mark wins this season-though Chelsea, Romeo, and Kendra are considered front runners. Kirstie and Wendy are said to need work, and Sugar Ray and Ralph seem to be in the middle. At the very least Kirstie and Wendy seem to be providing some comic relief to Tony and Maks. I think they're going to be a riot, along with Kendra (love your avvie BTW )

Here's a quick clip from ET featuring Kirstie/Maks, Kendra/Louis, and Ralph/Karina. I still can't get over how young Ralph looks!

I'm sure we'll start to get more footage this week and next week There's pap videos of some of the stars going to rehearsal and such.

Thanks! Kendra/Louis are definitely my pre-show faves, though I like all the other couples too. There is nobody that I dislike which is amazing. This is why I'm in love with this season. I hope they all bring it on the dance floor and make it exciting for us! I'd love to not have any clue who is going to go home every.single.week. I really hope they bring back the actual bottom 2 instead of the "in jeopardy" crap. I'd like to know if my faves are in danger the next week.

Watching that video, Ralph has some moves it looks like! I'm pretty sure I've read that he and Karina have foxtrot and Kendra and Louis have cha cha the first week. Nobody is giving up their music though! :0)

Go Chelsie Kaye!

Wow...based on that video, it looks like Kendra has a lot more grace than Holly did! It's getting so close! I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    Thanks! Kendra/Louis are definitely my pre-show faves, though I like all the other couples too. There is nobody that I dislike which is amazing. This is why I'm in love with this season. I hope they all bring it on the dance floor and make it exciting for us! I'd love to not have any clue who is going to go home every.single.week. I really hope they bring back the actual bottom 2 instead of the "in jeopardy" crap. I'd like to know if my faves are in danger the next week.

Watching that video, Ralph has some moves it looks like! I'm pretty sure I've read that he and Karina have foxtrot and Kendra and Louis have cha cha the first week. Nobody is giving up their music though! :0)

Yep, I'm fully on Team Kendra, but have quite a few other favorites that will really make this season for me. I was watching a re-run of The Cosby Show last night, and Ralph's moves remind me of the dances they used to do in the opening credits. I'm excited for him. I've been hearing good things about Romeo, too. I never got why they started the "in jeopardy/fake bottom 2" crap, but it's pointless. Especially last season, when they put Jennifer of all people in the bottom 2. At least make it realistic. But I think it's anti-climatic, and I wish they'd go back to the real bottom 2. Maybe after last season they will.

I've heard next to nothing about Mike and Petra. I think I've heard the least about our athletes this season so far compared to other seasons.

Go Chelsie Kaye!

Have you seen the picture of the couples practicing/the official pictures they've been posting on Facebook. Sugar Ray looks really stiff. I'm not expecting too much from him.

Go Chelsie Kaye!

I never got why they started the "in jeopardy/fake bottom 2" crap, but it's pointless. Especially last season, when they put Jennifer of all people in the bottom 2. At least make it realistic. But I think it's anti-climatic, and I wish they'd go back to the real bottom 2. Maybe after last season they will.
    Yeah, I agree. I hate that they do that. If your favorite is in the bottom two, you will be more likely to try to make sure they don't get eliminated by voting. (Don't get me wrong, I vote every week, but hopefully other non-voters share my favorite and pick up their phone!) I'd much rather know my favorite was in jeopardy and do whatever you can to save them!

Along with hopefully having no ringers this season, my other big wish is not to have anyone bad enough to where it's painful to watch them, even more painful to see them get overscored and outlast better dancers, but rather have everyone have a decent shot. Obviously some are already at a disadvantage due to name recognition (I keep forgetting Petra is even in the cast), but no one knew who Kyle or Gilles were at first, either. So along with that, in feeling like this is a cheesy, goofy, fun ensemble like we would have seen in the early years, hopefully there's no lopsided judges scoring/bias towards their favorites.

I'd also hope that maybe Brooke learned a few things about co-hosting in the off season, but I'm not counting on it. At the very least hopefully she can sound interested in all the couples, and not just her favorites, not cut anyone off, not spotlight herself in the interview that's supposed to be about them, and maybe go all season without mentioning she's done this before. We get it.

I wish the producers would give a better figure as to how many are voting, rather than the generic "millions of you voted". Even Idol says something like "over 40 million of you voted". One of the international versions of DWTS would actually announce the results in the final order everyone ranked after the audience vote. Whoever was announced first was the #1 for the week, and so forth down to the bottom 2. I'd love to just have everyone onstage and not have a few called down at once just to hear whether they're safe or in jeopardy (and be able to pretty much tell right then whether they're screwed or not). And keep it consistant, so Brooke doesn't mix the order up and confuse another couple into thinking they're safe when they're in jeopardy (remembering Rick/Cheryl's pre-mature celebration). I guess my last thing would be actual critiques, no in fighting with the judges (on Idol it might work, even if it got old. Here not so much because CA and Bruno would look like a couple of cry babies when Len disagreed with them). And not having a couple, for ratings sake, get one style of dance 4 weeks in a row because it happens to be the judges favorite and showcases them more, even if they suck at that particular style.

Almost here! On the subject of Sugar Ray, I know Anna's had two successful seasons back to back, but I hope she isn't going to go back to partnering the designated clunkers. I'm not expecting much, dance wise, from Sugar Ray but he might surprise and pull a Warren Sapp night one. I'm hoping he'll at least be entertaining, because I think he might have a decent fanbase.

+ Reply to Thread