+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

FORT Fogey

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Chris Jerico ?????

Wendy Williams ?????

Lil Romeo ?????

At least I know who Kendra is, and I love her. However, she complains on her show about not seeing her hubby, and now signs on for this workout? Won't that give her less time????

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm impressed that so far I've heard of the majority of the names. Wendy I only knew of from The Soup (Joel McHale really likes to harp on her) and gave her some 'woman of the year' award. Hopefully she provides some good Soup-worthy moments I only know of Romeo because he was supposed to do the show in season 2. Which makes him the first person to have had to drop out but come back. I wonder if they were just hard up at finding anyone to sign on.

I don't know Chris Jericho, Hines Ward (I know the name, but couldn't pick him out of a line up), or Michael Cole (I did see the reference to him being a WWE announcer, but I'd guess he's the actor, too). And as usual, I don't know the Disney star.

I'm really excited that this season might be the first one in a long time (for me at least) that is suspenseful and full of surprises. It's been easy to at least pick out early ousters and who's going all the way, with the occasional surprise here and there.

Anna tweeted that the pairings will be announced on GMA in a few days. Last season they only announced a handful of them and then said to go their website for the rest, which made no sense. It looks like we might get them all leaked in advance again, anyway.

Chris Jericho is a great addition!

For those that don't know anything about him, he is one of the funniest wrestlers there has ever been. (especially back when he was in the defunct WCW).
    By almost all accounts, one of the really nice guys in real life, a family man, and a Christian. He's also a talented musician with a fairly successful band outside
    of wrestling. Hopefully, he'll get the opportunity to exercise his irreverent wit during his time on DWTS, he'll crack you up if he's allowed to.

Ahh, Kendra and Louis= PRE SHOW FAVS!!!

I also think that Romeo and Cheslie will rock it!

I used to watch wrestling, so I am very familar with Chris Jericho...I think he will be okay! Cheryl is just the right partner for him! Whoop!

Wendy will be a hoot to watch..how you doin?

And WWF(when I used to watch, it still had the F) has an announcer named Michael Cole...if he is doing it, I hope he goes home first. I can't stand the guy really and I doubt he can dance!

So far, I like the cast I'm hearing though!

I don't like Kirstie Alley in the least bit though, so I'm a little sad she is with Maks...sorry, as much as I love Maks, this is one pairing of his I can't get behind. Hopefully they go home second...sorry, something about the women just bugs me!
    Last edited by KrazeeKy07; 02-28-2011 at 06:07 PM.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Newbie

Looked up Chris Jericho only because I'm a big Cheryl fan and he's rumored to be her partner. Other than a wrestling champ, he's a best selling author and was promoting his new book around the same time as Cheryl, appearing on the same entertainment shows and whatnot. He seems like a fun guy and with an ounce of rhythm, could be a big surprise.

I'm kind of disappointed to hear Chris is a good, funny guy. Nothing against him (I don't watching wrestling so I've never heard of him), but I wouldn't mind Cheryl leaving early this season so the other female pros have a shot. Oh well, as long as I can be rid of Lacey early I'll be happy. I'm not counting on Mark going anywhere anytime soon. Nothing against Cheryl, either, she's just bored me, and last season I barely remember anything about her and Rick.

Kendra/Louis and Wendy/Tony are definitely my pre-show faves, too! And as long as Romeo isn't a douche like his dad, I'll get behind him and Chelsie. I like Kirstie, but am sort of hoping that rumor turns out to be false. I love Maks and it figures the one season Derek is gone, he gets a partner that really might not have any chance. I'm hoping she surprises everyone, though (for her sake and Maks's). I can't wait to hear the names of the celebs who haven't been leaked yet.

Any non bachelor watchers going to suffer through the 2 hours with me tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'm kind of disappointed to hear Chris is a good, funny guy. Nothing against him (I don't watching wrestling so I've never heard of him), but I wouldn't mind Cheryl leaving early this season so the other female pros have a shot.
    Don't worry... Jericho, being my absolute favorite, is doomed to an early exit... lol

Quote Originally Posted by RichLP View Post
    Don't worry... Jericho, being my absolute favorite, is doomed to an early exit... lol
    Cheryl's got a pretty impressive track record, so I'd never rule any partner of hers out. I'll give her that, while I may be bored with her as a choreographer, I think she's got amazing talent as a teacher to bring the absolute best out of her partners. To be honest, I think Wayne and Tom could have possibly looked worse had they had someone else who knew they were a goner and didn't even try. Much like Kym and Chelsie, I feel she tries to work their strengths and hide their weaknesses. She does a pretty good job, though to this day I'll never get what the judges saw in Rick.

Besides, I feel Maks is cursed just because of me From what I've read here and elsewhere, Kirstie so far doesn't seem to be in the running for Miss Popularity. I'm worried that Wendy may either come across as being annoying (and I love her 'how you doin' but hope the judges, Brooke, and Tom don't get into a habit of saying it every time she's there) or not have a big fan base, and I'm also iffy on Kendra. I think she's probably going to be good, though.

A little over an hour to go! Or maybe more like 2 hours+ if they decide to wait until the end of The Bachelor to whip through the cast. Odds are they'll reveal who's already been leaked and wait until the end to reveal the rest.

Go Chelsie Kaye!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    :For those that don't remember, Lil Romeo was supposed to be Ashly Costa's partner in season 2. He got injured, Master P stepped in, and all I can say is I hope Romeo is nothing like his dad. Chelsie deserves better, especially after the last 2 seasons.
    Well, now that I'm not the one that leaked her partner, I think I can get away with saying, I don't think he'll be anything like his dad. From what I'm hearing, he's a pretty decent dancer and Chelsie thinks he can go all the way. She values hard work and a positive attitude over natural ability any day! She wouldn't be so excited about him if he were a prick.
    I am assuming someone on the East coast will be filling us West coasters in on the official announcements ahead of time so we don't have to waste our time watching TB!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwatch4Chelsie View Post
    Well, now that I'm not the one that leaked her partner, I think I can get away with saying, I don't think he'll be anything like his dad. From what I'm hearing, he's a pretty decent dancer and Chelsie thinks he can go all the way. She values hard work and a positive attitude over natural ability any day! She wouldn't be so excited about him if he were a prick.
    I am assuming someone on the East coast will be filling us West coasters in on the official announcements ahead of time so we don't have to waste our time watching TB!
    I hope not. I can see what you mean, since I felt she was having the most fun with both Ty and Louie. They weren't going to become ringers by the end of the show, but they were both fun duos to watch. I hope that's the case here. During season 10, I heard that the cast much preferred hanging out with Vienna over Jake, which I think said a lot. I just want a fun season-no drama, no showmances, no fighting with the couples/judges, fair and balanced scoring and critiques, no favoritism, no shoving their favorites down our throats. Just the cheesy little show we had when it started. I feel like we have the perfect cast for it if the rumors end up being true.

I'm on the east coast, so I'll be watching and reporting.

+ Reply to Thread