+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4113198;
    However, I think TPTB at DWTS are far too entranced with Derek to ever give him anyone truly without much potential. Not unless that person has a huge fanbase that will keep her around for a while anyway.
    I'm a huge Derek fan, but still, surely the producers aren't as enamored w/ him as I am. After all, he's just a guy. I as a viewer am allowed to swoon over whoever I want, but a producer who is supposed to utilize logic surely wouldn't stay awake nights thinking about what ringer to set him up with next. I hope they're more unbiased than that.

Here's what I'd really love to see: I'd love for Derek to get a Bristol next time. Well, maybe not that young, but somebody that unskilled. I'd love for him to teach her to become a superstar. Then we'd know for sure that he is a great teacher.

If he gets eliminated early, then fine. Then we'll know he's just average. Either way, we get an answer.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4113216;
    I'm a huge Derek fan, but still, surely the producers aren't as enamored w/ him as I am. After all, he's just a guy. I as a viewer am allowed to swoon over whoever I want, but a producer who is supposed to utilize logic surely wouldn't stay awake nights thinking about what ringer to set him up with next. I hope they're more unbiased than that.

Here's what I'd really love to see: I'd love for Derek to get a Bristol next time. Well, maybe not that young, but somebody that unskilled. I'd love for him to teach her to become a superstar. Then we'd know for sure that he is a great teacher.

If he gets eliminated early, then fine. Then we'll know he's just average. Either way, we get an answer.

Actually, I would like that same answer. We constantly hear about what a great choreographer Derek is, and he may be, but it's a lot easier to be a great choreographer if you have someone who can handle the choreography. If he could come up with entertaining, winning numbers for someone who was, well, a bit clunky, I'd be more impressed.

As for the show, I'm sure they realize that Derek does have a fanbase of his own by now. They don't want him to go out early, so they aren't about to give him someone like the female equivalent of the Hoff. Word was that Florence Henderson really wanted to work with Derek. I couldn't imagine that happening, and not because of her age. The show just wasn't going to go that route.

When Derek gets a Margaret Cho and Louis gets a Jennifer Grey in the same season, I'll believe there isn't some consideration shown to select pros on the show. But I sincerely believe that won't happen--and I'd be utterly thrilled to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4113216;

EXACTLY.

ITA.

Well said.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;4113159;
    Please replace Brooke next season. She is annoying as hell. Her questions are all the same and are just plain stupid. Her voice is sickening too
    why do they even need a brooke or whoever the last person was....all the questions are stupid and annoying!!!!

Loved how this season turned out!!! Jennifer was the best dancer by far and to get through the season despite her injuries just shows how tough she is and that you still can be "nifty at fifty" Congrats Jen!!!
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

I don't think Jennifer would've been as popular in this competition if she still had her big nose. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ness;4113214;
    When Jennifer crashes from her apparently medically-induced high (well, that's how she came across!), will she ask herself if a mirrorball trophy was worth it.

Probably not.
    As I told my mother the night of Jennifer's on-camera doctor visit about partially torn ligaments or tendons: "How do we even know he's a *real* doctor? Have you seen his medical license?"

To say I didn't buy into the injuries, or at least the extent of the injuries, is an understatement. First and foremost, she is, after all, an actress.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go make myself a tinfoil hat.

FORT Fogey

You know, with all the talk about Jennifer's injuries this season and all the "stars" who have been injured in the past, I'm starting to wonder at what point the show might step in and tell a star that he/she needs to withdraw from the competition, or at least a particular portion of it, because it's too dangerous. I don't know what the insurance situation is at DWTS or whether all the stars simply sign statements that they won't hold the show or network responsible for any injuries they incur, but it occurs to me that it would be very bad publicity if someone were really seriously hurt while competing, because he/she wouldn't take himself/herself out of the competition. I mean, pain is generally the body's way of telling you something is wrong. Even if a competitor is willing to continually ignore that sign, is it appropriate for the show to allow him/her to do that? What if Jennifer, for instance, had ruptured another disc tonight because she didn't want to withdraw from the finale? How awful would it have been if she had collapsed on stage during her last dance?

This all occurred to me because of Jennifer's situation tonight, but she's not the first person on the show to be in that position. She's just the most recent. And, oddly, the only person this season that I can think of who did have a serious injury. Usually they're dropping like flies. Heck, Jewel and that entertainment correspondent (can't remember her name at the moment) didn't even make it to the first dance of their season before injuries forced them to withdraw.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4113229;
    As I told my mother the night of Jennifer's on-camera doctor visit about partially torn ligaments or tendons: "How do we even know he's a *real* doctor? Have you seen his medical license?"

To say I didn't buy into the injuries, or at least the extent of the injuries, is an understatement. First and foremost, she is, after all, an actress.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go make myself a tinfoil hat.

I'd be really suspicious of a doctor who said it was okay to compete in a dance competition with a newly ruptured disc. Even the doctor who looked at her knee suggested she was taking a risk he couldn't recommend by continuing to dance on it. I hope the trophy turns out to be worth it for her, and that it doesn't end up costing her some surgery.

People with chronic pain learn to live with it and try to function as normally as possible under the circumstances... you can either choose to avoid anything that causes pain and discomfort or you can live life to the fullest and suffer later - happier for the experience. If you've lived with it , or know somebody who has, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Way to go Jennifer.... you did good
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

+ Reply to Thread