+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/22 Finale Night 1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/22 Finale Night 1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4111935;
    I've only been able to get 3 votes done on the website...it has sent me here 20 times: The web address you entered is not available
    I got the same message with Kyle, maybe 3 or 4 times.

Now I'm still stuck in "Processing" mode. Time to quit for real, and return later on. No sense wasting my time at this right now.

Baby and her watermelon with the great PS should stay in the movies--I have no desire to watch Derek pretend to be as awesome as Patrick or an older version of Baby who seems to complain all the time...

Please leave Dirty Dancing alone and stop pandering for votes, you know the judges and ABC are going to give it to you anyhow....

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4111863;
    When was the last time it wasn't fairly predictable? When Gilles lost?
    People will probably not agree with me on this, but I thought last season was fairly unpredictable. Evan and Nicole were neck and neck throughout the whole season in terms of judges' scores. Granted, she had a 7 point lead on him for the finale, but I thought he could have pulled out a win with viewers' votes. Honestly, I didn't think Nicole was all that popular until she actually won.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I have been trying to vote for Kyle on ABC and still can't. Great.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I actually think there's a chance Bristol will finish second. Not just for the ratings factor, but since the producers have been doing damage control in the press, and saying she's a better dancer than Kyle, what this show is all about, etc, etc, etc, it'd almost be a way for them to say they're right when they'll no doubt be doing more damage control after the results. I have to feel sorry for everyone that made it mid way this season. The pros, and the celebs, all seem to have to be on egg shells when they keep getting asked repeatedly about what they think of Bristol. And the media goes and spins it. Tony tweeted about an interview he gave where he says the reporter twisted his words around (the headline was something along the lines of 'DWTS pros don't like Bristol'). Yet I didn't see his comments making that asumption at all.

I saw an interview by Tony that was very nice about Bristol. I wish in a way she could have danced with Tony. Size wise anyway they would have matched up. She could have used his maturity too. Oh well I guess having Mark may have helped her with the youth vote. I thought she did very well tonight. Seems since they did a bouncy jive that doing something like that for freestyle would have been to much a like. I can see the fosse talk maybe on SYTYCD but for this freestyle to mark them down seemed harsh. For what it is worth some of the blogs that were talked about on here are also complaining about the on line voting.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

This isn't the first time the site hits a snag, especially on finale night. However, since it's not the first time, it's annoying, and I can't believe it hasn't been addressed to the ABC heads. I haven't had any trouble, but in the past I've often gotten error messages that had me down to the wire in trying to get my votes in, and sometimes saying I've used up votes when I had yet to cast one. I know Conrad talked about how their voting is un-hackable, but I wonder what his answer would be if he was asked about the problems like we're experiencing. I used to think it just had to do with a lot of extra traffic on the website.

Yeah, it's all messed up for seemingly almost everyone.

I even tried to log in to the Walt Disney World vacation planning page, to see if I could "back door" my way into getting logged on. (ABC, ESPN, WDW, etc. sites are all connected to the main Disney site). Nope, that's crashed too.

Hopefully no one needed to book a hotel or ADRs tonight. Yikes!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;4111786;
    No, you are not the only one. Sadly, they couldn't do the gimmicks that Derek wanted to do and you can tell the difference in her performance as she was hestitant at times.
    YEAH--I thought I saw her hesitate a few times there. WHat gimmicks couldn't they do? I am out of the loop?

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4111958;
    I have been trying to vote for Kyle on ABC and still can't. Great.
    Here's the truly weird part. When I went to another board on the ABC site, it signed me in which I hadn't been able to do on the DWTS board. Then when I clicked on Lacey and Kyle, I had to sign in again and just kept getting the "processing" message. Only once was I able actually to click the vote button, but it only connected to a website that said "connection reset."

Time to give up the ghost. He got my phone votes, and I had several busy signals. After tonight and knowing tomorrow's setup, Derek might as well not even show up. We knew that back in September.

I've never been urged to write "a strongly worded letter" before to any company, but maybe, I will about the voting process and the general format of the show with the hope that it might return to the show we all greatly enjoyed.

Good luck to everyone's favorites tomorrow night. It's been fun talking to everyone throughout the season.

+ Reply to Thread