+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Predictions for the finale

Predictions for the finale

This could be who you want to win or who you think will win, or what you think will happen in the dances.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Re: Predictions for the finale

By the way I think Jennifer and Derek will get 10's for their second chance dance and deserve them. I think they might be lower on the freestyle because of Jen's neck. Hopefully there will be some lifts/tricks, but Derek will have to do a somewhat less "explosive" freestyle than Nicole's because of Jen's age and neck. If it lacks any tricks, it could spell trouble as this will be the final dance America sees. As to Kyle, I think they will do well with both the redemption dance and the freestyle, but has to watch that he doesn't get so much energy that he looses focus. That's when Kyle gets into the hot mess territory. Bristol will hopefully improve the jive since her other she forgot all the steps. But I think her scores will be lower, probably 8's or 9's. Freestyle could get her the win if done right. Mark has yet to get a lower score than a 10 in the freestyle and while Bristol may struggle with some of the other dances, she is a former high school athlete and this is where that training actually might help her. She will be athletic enough to do some of the tricks and lifts required and doesn't have to stay in a ballroom character the whole time. Should be interesting. BTW I am rooting for Bristol, would be happy if any of them won as I like Jen and Kyle, but I think Kyle will win.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Think will Win - Brisol
    Want to Win - Kyle
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Think Will Win/Want to Win: Jennifer.

This is because for the finals, the judges' scores (thankfully) weigh more heavily than the fan votes. At some point, ballroom dancing itself has to be served, and exceptional dancing has to be rewarded. If it gets so far away from acknowledging excellence that the dancing itself becomes an afterthought, than they should just tell Len to stay home, and have the celebs stand out on the floor and beg to the cameras for votes.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

I think the better dancer will win, when all is said and done... and that's Jennifer. She's getting all my votes, without a doubt
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Think Bristol, hope anyone but Bristol.
    I love Derek and have enjoyed Jennifer's dancing this season. Kyle is so much fun to watch and has improved so much that I wouldn't be sad to see him win either.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4111384;

This is because for the finals, the judges' scores (thankfully) weigh more heavily than the fan votes. At some point, ballroom dancing itself has to be served, and exceptional dancing has to be rewarded. If it gets so far away from acknowledging excellence that the dancing itself becomes an afterthought, than they should just tell Len to stay home, and have the celebs stand out on the floor and beg to the cameras for votes.
    I agree with the entire post. Although the best dancer has not always won the trophy, there has never been such a mediocre dancer in the final three. Yes, Bristol has improved ... say, on a scale of 0-100, she's gone from 10 to 50, but the others (including Brandy) are more in the 80-100 range. If Bristol wins, why would any celeb want to come on this show in the future and work their fannies off to excel in ballroom dancing as much as an amateur can in a few months? I'm dismayed by the anti-Jennifer sentiment when she is clearly the best dancer, worked just as hard, and deserves the trophy. My pick is Jennifer to win, Kyle to take 2nd place, and Bristol to be ecstatic and amazed that she's even still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4111419;
    I agree with the entire post. Although the best dancer has not always won the trophy, there has never been such a mediocre dancer in the final three. Yes, Bristol has improved ... say, on a scale of 0-100, she's gone from 10 to 50, but the others (including Brandy) are more in the 80-100 range. If Bristol wins, why would any celeb want to come on this show in the future and work their fannies off to excel in ballroom dancing as much as an amateur can in a few months? I'm dismayed by the anti-Jennifer sentiment when she is clearly the best dancer, worked just as hard, and deserves the trophy. My pick is Jennifer to win, Kyle to take 2nd place, and Bristol to be ecstatic and amazed that she's even still there.
    Yes, she’s the best dancer left, but this show has never been about the best dancer winning –it’s always been about the person with the biggest fan-base winning. Jennifer’s edit with the constant crying and whining and complaining reminds me too much of Nicole from last season – and I find it very off-putting. Along with being reminded week after week after week that she is old and injured.
    Last edited by anders332; 11-22-2010 at 01:54 PM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4111384;

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4111419;
    that's baffling me too... why do people want it to go to the "most improved" dancer? After dancing full time with a professional ball room dancer for a couple of months - why is improving to be mediocre (Bristol and Kyle) so derserving of a win?? Heck with that much training, even I could do an ok dance
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast