+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by thankful;4107344;
    Been reading here for a long time, but never posted. I usually just read the thread while the show is airing to see what you have to say.

I do have a question though ... I have looked at Palins fb and twitter and can't find where she has encouraged anyone to vote for Bristol. I only read back a couple of weeks on each. I also have googled and can't find any info either.
    Just for the record, I have never cast a vote for anyone on DWTS and won't this season either. I am a conservative as most of my friends are and only 1 that I know of is voting for Bristol. She is the daughter of a friend of mine and also was a young, unwed mother.

I am a member of a message board where I post daily and most of the people on there are conservatives, they vote like crazy for their favorite on DWTS (they are why I watch) and none of them are voting for Bristol. Most were voting for Brandy and Maks and now say they will vote for Kyle and Lacey.

So, any info that you can provide me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks ....
    Sarah Palin had the number to call to vote for Bristol on her Twitter til people noticed it...like me. hehe. She did delete it in late October.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4107335;
    Gee, I don't know, but maybe it'd be nice if they had enough integrity to vote for the person they know danced the best. And Brandy is not exactly an old broad, anyway.
    She's not, but the others are closer to the MTV generation's ages. And when has this show ever been about the best dancer? How many others vote for their favorite person regardless of how well he/she dances? I haven't been watching as long as some of you, but to me it's always been a popularity contest. I wasn't watching, but I heard in a past season a Cheetah girl (I think) who was a good dancer was voted off. It's not just this season. We'll see what the producers come up with next season. Who will they get to polarize people as much as Bristol did?
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

I don't know about everyone else here, but I'm not disappointed that Brandy just got eliminated. Both her and Maks were major turn-offs and I won't be losing any sleep over their elimination.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4107353;
    Just so it's clear...here is what I posted in the Bristol thread on Oct 21st...no clue how to link to a post so have to quote myself...hope it's ok!

"I was talking to my 93 yr old ultra-conservative mom tonight and she totally shocked me. She has never watched a reality tv show in her life but she made an off-hand comment about how my younger sister reminded her of Sarah Palin's daughter. I said, what? She said, well they are both heavy girls but pretty and graceful. I said, WHAT? She said, well I've been watching Palin's daughter on that dancing show...what's it called? I said, you mean "dancing with the stars"? She said, that's it, honey. I said WHATWHATWHY? She said, well I got a letter asking me to watch and support her daughter so I have been. I said, have you been voting for Bristol? She said, oh, of course, Sarah asked me to, so of course I am...I just keep calling and voting as many times as I can. I said, but you can barely use the phone. She said, they make it easy and it's an important cause honey.

I'm in shock!"
    Thanks so much for the heads up on this, IG, a few weeks ago. That was a real turning point for me and I knew what a crock this would inevitably turn into. I've either not watched or only had the show on in the background with the sound turned down since then.

I hope Maks doesn't quit DWTS but I wouldn't blame him at all. He has integrity and this show has now turned into a complete and utter farce.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Newbie

It sometimes amuses me when people go nuts over DWTS results that they don't like, because in my mind the competition aspect of the show has always been a complete joke.

I mean, seriously, how can anyone act surprised?

The judges' scores rarely make sense. They are certainly never consistent. And the voters have time and time again voted to keep people around long after it's their time to go.

Take Season 5. Sabrina Bryan was booted off way early. Marie Osmond made it to the finals. The voters and the judges were to blame for both of those things. Did things improve after that season in terms of judging or voting? Nope.

And this leads me to a different point. Anyone who suggests that the judges should have more power is forgetting just how bad the judging has been over the years. If the solution is to give the judges more power, then the judging itself needs to be overhauled as well. Otherwise, you're still going to get wacky results because some judge doesn't like one of the pro dancers or someone wants to create a bit of drama.
    Last edited by MidasTouch; 11-16-2010 at 11:33 PM.

I think they need to review the 50% judges scores/50% viewer votes. Maybe when it gets to semi-finals make it 75%judges/25%viewers. Not sure that would help in the case of the Palin minions, though. They are fanatics.

I remember that Marissa Jaret Winokur was saying in interviews that she creates dozens of email addresses and votes for herself. She had Lucy Lawless fanbase doing the same thing, but eventually she was eliminated. Still, she stayed too long.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4107366;
    I think they need to review the 50% judges scores/50% viewer votes. Maybe when it gets to semi-finals make it 75%judges/25%viewers. Not sure that would help in the case of the Palin minions, though. They are fanatics.

I remember that Marissa Jaret Winokur was saying in interviews that she creates dozens of email addresses and votes for herself. She had Lucy Lawless fanbase doing the same thing, but eventually she was eliminated. Still, she stayed too long.
    I don't have a problem with voting with multiple accounts -- I do it myself. But they all use valid email addresses. The difference between Marissa/Lucy and Bristol is, Marissa & Lucy's voters were actual fans who watched the show. Bristol can't make that claim.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

It sometimes amuses me when people go nuts over DWTS results that they don't like, because in my mind the competition aspect of the show has always been a complete joke.
    Not this much of a joke it hasn't. Not even close.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4107303;
    I personally think that Brandy actually might have barely beat out Jennifer, but in the toss-up the producers let Brandy go. I can't talk spoilers now, but tomorrow, I will try to show why I think that on the appropriate thread.
    I'm looking forward to this... I have a few thoughts of my own, and it's related to why Jennifer has been overscored so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4107359;

And then I read this:

Needed that, thanks.

Youre welcome! But, you should remember that since Jennifer the Gladiator has battled through living with a BROKEN neck for over two decades that a simple appendage loss probably can't stop her!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4107359;

I'm voting strictly for Kyle. My only satisfying ending is for Jenn to leave next week, and then Kyle to win it all.

I'm thinking that ABC never meant for Bristol to win this thing, just stick around to create drama and bring in more viewers every week. My guess is that it is between Kyle and Jennifer. I know the latter is their little darling and she is partnered with their love child but Kyle is a member of the ABC family--so I think they might actually be okay with either outcome and bother to count the votes this time.

Regardless, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let Kyle win!
    Last edited by mindy384; 11-16-2010 at 11:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread