+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4107342;
    All this is making me laugh. As we discuss the Tea Party, politics and how the votes go the powers that be at ABC are having a good chuckle. I know weve discussed this before but I highly doubt our votes matter. If the ratings are wonderful then ABC and DWTS will do whatever it takes to continue that (ratings == mad $$$ in advertising). Even if that poor bumbling child only got 2 votes and a high five on any given evening she would still stick around if the producers thought she was bringing in the viewers (and I think she is).

Someone mentioned earlier how the judges' scoring should take level of difficulty into consideration--dream on! Then they would be forced to give contestants like Kate, Bristol and others a "2," and that would be much harder for ABC and the judges to explain away by blaming it on the audience.

I really, really, really hope Maks doesn't leave--hes such a nice contrast to fake Derrick who is always hamming up to the cameras and trying to say the 'right' thing.

KYLE for the win! Here is why:
    -most improved
    -a joy to watch
    -genuine
    -always puts forth effort
    -good mix of showmanship and technique
    -no prior experience
    -I cant handle hearing about Jennifer's injuries for the winner's media tour...and neither can anyone else I imagine. I almost wish tom would rip her arm off and knock her off the ballroom floor while saying "now that IS a problem."
    Yikes. Can you imagine what the DWTS tour is going to be like this year? Who's going to want to be on it if it has to feature "winner" Bristol Palin? Surely not any of the people unfairly booted by her--and all the rest of them would fall into that camp, should she win.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4107338;
    The judges didn't seem that shocked, but the audience seemed more stunned silent.
    Actually they booed...and booed loudly. Didn't you hear them?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4107342;
    All this is making me laugh. As we discuss the Tea Party, politics and how the votes go the powers that be at ABC are having a good chuckle. I know weve discussed this before but I highly doubt our votes matter. If the ratings are wonderful then ABC and DWTS will do whatever it takes to continue that (ratings == mad $$$ in advertising). Even if that poor bumbling child only got 2 votes and a high five on any given evening she would still stick around if the producers thought she was bringing in the viewers (and I think she is).

I really, really, really hope Maks doesn't leave--hes such a nice contrast to fake Derrick who is always hamming up to the cameras and trying to say the 'right' thing.

KYLE for the win! Here is why:
    -most improved
    -a joy to watch
    -genuine
    -always puts forth effort
    -good mix of showmanship and technique
    -no prior experience
    -I cant handle hearing about Jennifer's injuries for the winner's media tour...and neither can anyone else I imagine. I almost wish tom would rip her arm off and knock her off the ballroom floor while saying "now that IS a problem."
    Wonder what ABC will think if all the people I am hearing who will not watch next week, comes to pass?

Yes, GO KYLE !! I'm sick of hearing about all Jennifer's reasons for possibly not dancing well....then she goes out there and does great. Doesn't seem to be effecting her performance any.

Quote Originally Posted by thankful;4107344;
    Been reading here for a long time, but never posted. I usually just read the thread while the show is airing to see what you have to say.

I do have a question though ... I have looked at Palins fb and twitter and can't find where she has encouraged anyone to vote for Bristol. I only read back a couple of weeks on each. I also have googled and can't find any info either.
    Just for the record, I have never cast a vote for anyone on DWTS and won't this season either. I am a conservative as most of my friends are and only 1 that I know of is voting for Bristol. She is the daughter of a friend of mine and also was a young, unwed mother.

I am a member of a message board where I post daily and most of the people on there are conservatives, they vote like crazy for their favorite on DWTS (they are why I watch) and none of them are voting for Bristol. Most were voting for Brandy and Maks and now say they will vote for Kyle and Lacey.

So, any info that you can provide me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks ....
    It's not her mom asking for support that people have a problem with, it's the conservative political blogs that are rallying people to vote even if they don't watch the show. There are at least a half-dozen prominent ones doing it, and there are articles with plenty of links in the DWTS Media thread.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

I like Kyle, but that Lacey makes me shudder. I was bored one weekend a few weeks back and saw a paparazzi clip of her driving into the studio. This was toward the end of Florence's stay on the show. They asked her how things were going and she just blurted out, "Fine, I just got this wrist watch. It was $5000." Ugh. She needs some coaching. A finishing school, anything. She'll have such a huge head if she wins. But that won't happen. We all know who's going to take home the trophy.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4107350;
    It's not her mom asking for support that people have a problem with, it's the conservative political blogs that are rallying people to vote even if they don't watch the show. There are at least a half-dozen prominent ones doing it, and there are articles with plenty of links in the DWTS Media thread.

Thanks, I'll have to check out the media thread.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4107317;
    now that's just pathetic........
    Just so it's clear...here is what I posted in the Bristol thread on Oct 21st...no clue how to link to a post so have to quote myself...hope it's ok!

"I was talking to my 93 yr old ultra-conservative mom tonight and she totally shocked me. She has never watched a reality tv show in her life but she made an off-hand comment about how my younger sister reminded her of Sarah Palin's daughter. I said, what? She said, well they are both heavy girls but pretty and graceful. I said, WHAT? She said, well I've been watching Palin's daughter on that dancing show...what's it called? I said, you mean "dancing with the stars"? She said, that's it, honey. I said WHATWHATWHY? She said, well I got a letter asking me to watch and support her daughter so I have been. I said, have you been voting for Bristol? She said, oh, of course, Sarah asked me to, so of course I am...I just keep calling and voting as many times as I can. I said, but you can barely use the phone. She said, they make it easy and it's an important cause honey.

I'm in shock!"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I must be in the twilight zone or hallucinating or something. When they were showing clips of last night's show and panned to Sarah Palin in the audience standing and applauding Bristol's performance, I could have sworn there was someone sitting directly behind her wearing an Obama mask. Gawd...I must be really tired. I better be heading off to bed right about now...lol
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;4107346;
    Actually they booed...and booed loudly. Didn't you hear them?
    I did, but it seemed more silence. Guess I'll go back and crank the volume up. I do hope they booed, and kept booing, and I hope next week Bristol gets a smattering of applause and boos for high scores. I really hope the show takes a dive for this and realizes what a mistake she was.

Either way, Bristol could have pretended to care. At least Mark showed emotion. I'll be tuning into everyone's comments next Monday to see how things go. Glad I have the FORT to stay updated if I don't want to tune in And then the longer than usual because it'll suck finale on Tuesday.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4107334;
    A couple of things -- most of the people who are organizing the vote for Bristol in mass numbers don't even watch the show, and don't care how Bristol dances, or even IF she dances or stands there and picks her nose. They just care that her last name is Palin, which to them means they have to show immense force to cram her down America's throats whether they like it or not. It's not about Bristol being a symbol for anything with them -- it's about power, period.

How Palin Conservatives Are Cheating The DWTS Voting System

Also, the show is called Dancing with the Stars, not Dancing with the People Just Like Me Who I Should Emulate. It's supposed to be escapist fun, but that was ruined this season. Possibly for future seasons, too.
    Was feeling somewhat blah about this whole business and then read the comments in response to that article at the bottom of the article page. They were quite good, and cheered me right up.

And then I read this:

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384
    Needed that, thanks.

I am feeling sad for Maks and Brandy though. They should have been final two, but it just wasn't going to happen.

Derek just annoyed me so much tonight when he said that Kyle's weakness was his techique and Jenn's weakness were her injuries. Otherwise, darling... she's just a perfect little princess, she is! What a little twerp.

I'm voting strictly for Kyle. My only satisfying ending is for Jenn to leave next week, and then Kyle to win it all.

I'm beginning to think the only really good thing left on this show (besides some of the pros) is Tom.

+ Reply to Thread