+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 11/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhillian;4106497;
    I registered with the family email account and voted for Brandy & Maks and the same exact thing happened. First vote drops the tally to 3, second vote lowers it to 1. So I get to vote for them THREE instead of FIVE times. Something is definitely screwy.
    Conspiracy theorists are going to love this - and I'm probably one of them- I am not so sure they're wrong because I believe the producers want Maks gone.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4106377;
    I thought we might get through a whole show without a reference to Jennifer's pain/injuries. Guess not.

But she had her neck fixed for Dancing with the Stars? After living with all that pain all that time, it's this silly show that convinces her to fix it? How odd.

It just occurred to me that she's gotten to do the cha-cha and waltz last too. Don't those dances usually get used up much earlier in the season?
    When they showed the clip of the guy saying "she was basically walking around with a broken neck" I almost choked on my pepsi laughing--people dont WALK around with BROKEN necks unless they are undead my friend!

But, in all seriousness, we should really admire her for putting up with the worst pain in the history of the world for 20+ years. I imagine she didn't have decent health insurance like most Americans and just couldn't afford to stop this relentless, debilitating pain that shes talked about every episode this season before now ( ..yea, right). Thank goodness DWTS came along so she could get her BROKEN neck fixed. Someone should be talking to the world record people because I doubt many people have managed this feat!

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Well it makes me mad, no one's fan group should have more of a say over anothers and if they are messing with one dancers scoring, then it's just flat out wrong.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

There has always been some strange music choices for the type of dance any one couple has had to deal with. Paso music is always one of the weirder ones, but Brandy and Maks' song was just gawd-awful and probably the worst. Almost like a punishment for last week's dust up. Their dance was great but the music really took away from the dance, for me anyway. Didn't like their AT as I thought it should have more of the leg flicking, it just seemed to lack the content I've seen in other AT's.

Kyle--oh my he has grown on me these last couple of weeks. I really do enjoy his performances and they just bring a smile to my face.

Jen and Derek. Ah. I just love watching them dance. His choreography always amazes me and her gracefulness always impresses me. Their waltz was mesmerizing.

As for Bristol, her paso was good. For her ability. Nothing extraordinary there, but a personal best. Their waltz was just all out creepy, almost like they were at Ozzy Osbourne's funeral or something. Strange. Now just to be as nit-picky as CA--for a teen activist/public speaker, her public speaking skills are awful. I'm not a public speaker but I could probably answer Brooke's questions a lot better than Bristol. Watching her dance isn't as bad as listening to her speak.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhillian;4106501;
    Well it makes me mad, no one's fan group should have more of a say over anothers and if they are messing with one dancers scoring, then it's just flat out wrong.
    I doubt it's intentional (even though I don't really believe the show is 100% legit). It's probably a case of system overload. Same thing happened to me with Kurt and Anna more than once. The times I voted early in the show, I had no problems. This has happened to me with phone votes and website votes. For me, it's always been the later it is when I vote, the more issues I have.

A friend of mine years ago actually did walk around with a broken neck for 2 weeks before he knew it was broken. He had slipped on some ice and didn't think anything of it. He had a sore neck for awhile so he went to the doctors. He had actually broken C6 and C7 and had to wear a neck brace for 4 months so it could heal. He loved to say....C6 ,C7, C-ya later (yes, very corny I know!).

My opinions:

Brandy/Maks: I love Maks, not so keen on Brandy. I don't know what it is, but I can take her or leave her. She seems like MelB Lite. That being said, she surely can dance and deserves to make the finals. I thought her Paso tonight seemed very un-paso like. The music wasn't strong and fierce enough and I didn't like that she was wearing pants. I guess I like it when the girls can fling their skirts all over the place. Her AT was flawless and she deserved those 10s. I just hope people will vote for her and she will make the finals.

Jennifer/Derek: I think Jennifer is an excellent dancer and I do think she is definitely the best this season. When they announced her name months ago I knew she would makes the finals and probably even win. Derek is also a fantastic dancer, but he does bug me with all the mugging and the fake surprise when they get good scores. Even though I suspect they deserve to win this year, I really don't want him to win even though I think Jennifer does deserve it. I try to cut her a little slack with regards to all the 'on air' injuries. I doubt she knew how production was going to spin it from week to week. She's probably even sick of hearing about her own aches and pains each week when she rewatches the show.

Bristol/Mark: I give her credit for coming out for the show with no entertainment experience and putting herself out there. Has she outstayed her welcome? Yes, about 4 or 5 weeks ago probably. I just find her dancing so boring and dance-by-numbers. Aside from her paso tonight, which was marginably better than previous dances, she always seems to be holding back and unsure of the movement. I also think she has no musicality which affects her performance. As for her famous Mom- I don't look at her as Sarah Palin, the political figure when I hear her on the show, I think of her as Bristol's Mom and a proud Mom at that. Of course the producers are going to show her face and interview her as often as they can (just like showing Jamie Lee Curtis 50 times an hour) because she is 'a name' and anytime DWTS can get some free promotions they are going to take it.

Kyle/Lacey: I just love watching him dance. I want him to make the finals for purely selfish reasons- because it will be fun to see his freestyle I'm sure. I think Lacey is a good fit for him- I just wish she would go back to the brunette. I don't think the blonde is a good look on her. I love these two because, like Len said, there is no drama or histrionics- just dancing and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhillian;4106497;
    I registered with the family email account and voted for Brandy & Maks and the same exact thing happened. First vote drops the tally to 3, second vote lowers it to 1. So I get to vote for them THREE instead of FIVE times. Something is definitely screwy.

I'm contacting ABC about this, it's not looking on the up and up to me.
    I had that happen, too, but then it did show taht i voted 5 times.
    So, I wouldn't worry about it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Overall, it was a pretty good night.
    I enjoyed Brandy / Maks' 2nd dance even more than the 1st.
    She certainly deserves to stay.
    Loved Jen / Derek's waltz. I love dancing that looks truly effortless and that waltz sure did.
    I really liked Kyle / Lacey's first dance, but didn't really care for the 2nd.
    Still think, though, that he deserves to be in F3.
    As far as Bristol's 2nd dance, wasn't that the Passion of the Christ music?? Can we pander to the right wing any more this season?!!
    She's improved, but she still looked like Vampira out there. My apologies to Vampira!

Again, I have to give Mark extra kudos for being so nice to Bristol all season.
    And, I have to say that Carrie Ann, yes Carrie Ann, was the only one who had the boldness to call Bristol out on what she lacked in the dance.

Will be interesting to see the scores tomorrow.
    And, please, ABC, no more Palin footage - if I have to hear one more "Doggone" or "homespun Palin" footage of the family, I will
    To Thine Own Self Be True

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

A good night tonight. I loved Jen and Derek's dances the best, followed by Brandi, then Kyle, and even Bristol did a pretty good job with her first dance.

Tomorrow night will be very revealing about what has been going on with voting. If Bristol makes the final three, the show needs to be a bit worried about how that looks to all of us. She is a nice girl, has improved, but not even in the same league as the others. If she makes it and either Jennifer or Brandi don't - it will be crazy-time!

WHy are the Palins (not Bristol) getting so much coverage? Are they paying for it? Or is ABC giving them lots of free TV time?

+ Reply to Thread