+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4101931;
    Did anyone else get treated to a commercial for Sarah's new show towards the end of tonights program? Ugh.
    No, I guess I was lucky I did read an E! article that interviewed Bristol and Mark as to whether Sarah would ever do the show. Mark encourages it and wants her as a partner. Who wouldn't? If Bristol just went out and sat on the floor, she'd probably still get through. So Sarah would probably take the fanlines off the charts. The show gets what they want, if they are happy Bristol's still here. For a dull season with an otherwise unmemorable cast that hasn't had drama, injuries, drop outs, showmances, or anything that had watercooler moments before, Bristol's fit the bill just by people asking when she's going home. So she goes to the finale, the ratings go up to see if she wins, but she winds up lowballed in the end (even if they have to throw an extra judges-only score in there) and winds up in 3rd. Or maybe 2nd, just for suspense. I doubt she'll win.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4101913;
    Bristol has been brainwashed (and it wouldn't take much) into thinking she is way more special than she really is. After all, she wouldn't get the fan votes if she wasn't gifted and talented would she? Hence, the Judges are not fair to only give her 8s.
    You may have hit the nail on the head, but most people have no idea what kind of "brainwashing" this might have entailed.

Here's somebody that says the link goes all the way back to Henry Kissinger and the MK-Ultra program that had supposedly been mothballed.

Kissinger, Palin, Mengele:How Deep Does The Rabbit Hole Go? Monarch Mind Control & Global Management Team Pt. 1 intheknow7's Blog

Can't say I was surprised that Kurt left and Bristol got to stay.
    Max was overly confident, to the point of being arrogant, when it was down to Kurt and Brandy. He could have, at least feigned sympathy.
    I give kudos to Carrie Ann for her speech to him about respecting all the dancers. Too bad that Max has to be such an *****le about it at all.
    I honestly don't understand how the guy has any fanbase.

So, is Bristol going to come in first or second in this competition?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

Am I the only one that noticed at the end of the show tonight, after the remaining couples came down and hugged Kurt and Anna, that Maks went over to the judges table and hugged Carrie Ann? Watch the end, before the credits - you'll see it. Wonder if the show will mention it next week?

Maybe he decided to give her a break since her voice quivered and she almost cried during her little (insincere) speech about how she respects all the pros (especially Derek and Mark)?

So Lumpy lives another week. All I can say is that I hope the show allows the judges the same obvious manipulation they allowed during the finals last season to get their "Chosen One" and "Golden Boy" the mirror ball again. And not because I like them, but I would rather have Derek win yet again with another ringer (no matter how they deny that) than to have to hold back my vomit if they are stupid enough to allow Bristol into the finals and continue to kiss her rear with overscoring (which I have no doubt they will).

STOP SCORING ON THE CURVE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NWTim;4101935;
    You may have hit the nail on the head, but most people have no idea what kind of "brainwashing" this might have entailed.

Here's somebody that says the link goes all the way back to Henry Kissinger and the MK-Ultra program that had supposedly been mothballed.

Kissinger, Palin, Mengele:How Deep Does The Rabbit Hole Go? Monarch Mind Control & Global Management Team Pt. 1 intheknow7's Blog
    Oh, how silly.

I forgot to mention it earlier....the girl dancing with Mark to John Legend was Janine Mason...she won SYTYCD a couple of seasons back. I love that girl!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Tia, I'll just amen all your posts you've written tonight I went back and watched the end to see that part you mentioned; that was a nice gesture, but I'll be shocked if it gets mentioned. They have to bring it up next week in their video package, but I'd be surprised if they show that. It'll get overblown again. If anyone deserved an apology, it was Brandy, but I appreciate that the pros and judges don't make it so much about themselves during the critiques with getting into with each other. I remember Maks made valid points last season when Len took points off from Erin's routines for things he did. So he's got a point, it's either about the pros and their choreography with all of them, or it's not. It should be about the star and whether or not they can dance, improved, and pulled it off. Or you're Bristol.

ETA: Thanks Java! I missed what her name was when Tom said it. I really liked that dance, minus Mark. But she was great.

FORT Fogey

OK I am not a member of the Tea Party, or Republican so my view is not political. As a matter of fact I am a strict Democrat. However, Bristol is just not musically inclined. If they are going to have differing people on the show than her getting an 8 for improving is fair. No she is nowhere near Brandy or Jennifer as far as ability, but she is not a Master P who is not doing anything or improving at all. She is trying, and she is improving herself. I believe that the scores have to represent a person's growth to their ability. If they score them all the same, than she would never get a high score even if improving herself. I think the judges are awarding her for bettering herself and her ability not by comparing her to Jennifer or Brandy.

The problem I have is the voting. I think that fans strictly vote on whom they like, and could care less about dancing ability at all. I also think that what pro a star gets makes a huge impact on the voting. I think that the shows format has to change or they will continue to lose themselves until it is cancelled.

I think two scores need to be implemented. One for ability and one for improvement. This would somewhat even the field. That way if a star comes in like Nicole who already dances her improvement scores will be lower because there is no improvement, and than the Bristol's would get a lower ability score therefore possibly evening things up. It is unfair to expect Bristol to ever get a ten if she is against Jennifer who obviously has a ton of musicality and rhythm.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4101891;
    Did anyone else notice that when Carrie Ann said she respected all the pros and started listing names that the first two names out of her mouth were Mark and Derek? Does she not realize that when people talk about pros getting preferential treatment, the Hough/Ballas combo are the first ones who get mentioned? If she was only going to name four names, she really should have mentioned other people instead or at the very least, she shouldn't have led with those two names--and it seemed to me that you could tell Maks noticed that she started with those two as opposed to, say, Tony or Louis.
    My jaw dropped last night when Carrie Ann claimed to respect all the pros, and then started her list with her favorites (Derek and Mark). I don't think she has any idea how much she favors Derek and Mark over other pros and that her favoritism is apparent to many viewers. I haven't re-watched the scene, but I don't think she even named Anna who was standing in front of her. Who else did Carrie Ann mention/miss?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4101937;
    Can't say I was surprised that Kurt left and Bristol got to stay.
    Max was overly confident, to the point of being arrogant, when it was down to Kurt and Brandy. He could have, at least feigned sympathy.
    I give kudos to Carrie Ann for her speech to him about respecting all the dancers. Too bad that Max has to be such an *****le about it at all.
    I honestly don't understand how the guy has any fanbase.

So, is Bristol going to come in first or second in this competition?
    My guess is 3rd or 4th.

I really think they would like to have a guy in the final 3, but frankly I am not sure that Kyle's fan base is strong enough to get him there.

Brandy deserves to contend for the F2, but there seems to be controversy about her. I want to see her give Jennifer a good solid run for the money for the tooky trophy ball prize.

I personally believe that whether folks like it or not, realistically Bristol has a very solid fan base despite her dancing ability which very well might put her into 3rd over Kyle.

No way, however, do I think the judges will allow her into the F2 unless the producers are after them to do it.

I have watched this show for too many seasons and have watched the judges subtly and sometimes not so subtly start maneuvering people into position from about F5 out with their comments to not understand how this works.
    I realized Lil Kim was going F4, where Cody was leaving, Melissa and Kelly were leaving at F3, and several others.
    Sometimes there will be a surprise F1 (like Shawn), but often F1 isn't a surprise either.
    The judges usually get what either they or the producers want to happen.
    Also, with that last judges' score, they have the leverage, so with that and their comments they really do control much of the outcome.

Gilles was the big surprise that nobody saw coming.

+ Reply to Thread