+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi;4101868;
    I bet Bristol doesn't even realize that she has NO BUSINESS still being on the show....and I am CERTAIN that her mother didn't even watch tonight....instead, she is speaking at a $750 plate dinner fundraiser in MY TOWN tonight -- so much for being a supportive mother, but I guess she rationalizes her lack of support with all of the people that she has power voting for Bristol's continued participation.
    Palin probably had that fundraiser scheduled weeks ago and couldn't get out of it. She probably set her dvr for the show. She seems like a supportive mom to me.

I don't fault her for wanting to be on the show--- but it was time for Bristol to GO. Poor Kurt....

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix1;4101879;
    Palin probably had that fundraiser scheduled weeks ago and couldn't get out of it. She probably set her dvr for the show. She seems like a supportive mom to me.

I don't fault her for wanting to be on the show--- but it was time for Bristol to GO. Poor Kurt....
    Read Max' blog for the week. He's very complimentary towards Sarah Palin. I'm sure she would have been there if she could have - any mom would have!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Well, that was depressing. Kurt didn't deserve to go, but combine the low scoring with the nit picking twits Carrie Ann and Bruno, and, well, there you go. Really a shame.

After Kurt went, my only other voting choice was Audrina. Without her there, I wasn't going to vote. But at this point, despite my dislike of Lacey and the fact that Kyle annoys me at times, I'm voting for them next week. Their jive was probably my favorite dance of the season. He showed big time improvement with his footwork, and only fair I reward that with votes. I'm rarely a fan of the best technical dancer anyway. Ex. I was a huge Helio fan and disliked Mel B. quite a bit.

I just want Jennifer gone. Yesterday. My best guess as to Bristol is they'll let her get to the finale and then tank her big time with the scores and comments, either as scripted or as a way to ensure she doesn't win. Looking at it from a business perspective, ABC is not using the show to promote the Palins. IMO, they're using the Palins to promote their show. Once Bristol makes the finale, she'll have exceeded her usefulness to them and then it'll likely be the Jennifer-Derek Praise Hours on finale night and really low scores for Mark and Bristol, barring huge improvement.

Sad to say, I barely care what happens now, other than not wanting Jennifer to win. This season has been the biggest dud for me of all of them, except for maybe Season 7 (Brooke's season).

For those commenting about them not telling us the vote #s, and it possibly not being on the up and up: That has long been something I don't like about DWTS or AI. Neither show ever gives numbers; once in a very blue moon they give out percentage differences. Assuming the vote totals are legit for both shows (which I sincerely doubt at times...), I think their logic is if they give numbers, then it would be obvious who would win, be voted off next, etc. Having the numbers each week would eliminate too much of the suspense, in their minds. That's my best guess, anyway.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

DWTS is winning their ratings, though I notice they don't announce they're the #1 show each week (maybe they're not, or maybe it's not as exciting when you're not beating AI). I don't think they should pat themselves on the back or think Bristol and the CA/Maks spat will help ratings. They're averaging around 20 million, which is normal. And this fall doesn't seem to have a lot of competition. I really hope they re-vamp for the spring, because that season is usually the best of the yearly installments. Otherwise, it will be another loooong 3 months I don't know if the producers are overly excited or overly terrified at the thought of Bristol winning, or making it to the finals (where I believe they can easily manipulate the outcome). So she may not win, but her fanbase may be too big that even solid scores of 3 for each dance would keep her around. Bristol's there, and she can't help it, but really, it's laughable and shows even more how inconsistant the judges are. They've given dancers as bad as Bristol lower marks and bad comments. I don't get it with her, so I'm guessing that the producers are probably in the excited-camp of having her around. And to not totally turn off viewers that won't be back next season, they'll probably bring some other controversial politicians or celebrities offspring/parents/mistress to counter whatever viewers they might lose.

Kurt looked ticked tonight, as did Anna. It's really an insult to both of them. Anna's gotten screwed 2 seasons in a row now. And I hate when they go to the judges right before the elimination, because it's a bunch of scripted 'you're such a nice guy, we can't believe you're here, even though we raked you over the coals and gave you crappy scores you didn't deserve'. I hate those speeches for that reason, and because it's not a real bottom 2. I think Brandy's in danger next week. I think it could be her or Kyle, because I believe his fanbase might not be huge. Though he has gotten this far, and seems to be winning people over. So it's hard to say. Brandy has been somewhat polarizing all season, winning people over in small doses. She came in with a somewhat bad reputation as a diva, and got a negative edit the first couple of weeks. She climbed to the top, but all this over-intensity about sticking around and proclaiming she wants this more than anyone might be a turn off to people who considered voting for her (or were already). Add Maks's outburst in and that might, sadly, tip the scales away from her. I think she's conceded she's not winning this season. I'm undecided whether I think Maks will be back next time. I'm thinking the show might sit him out, just to prove a point, and pave the way to bring back other pros. I expect Dmitry to be back next season. Derek and Mark aren't going anywhere unless they want to, and I wouldn't be surprised if Julianne returns. My last impression of CA vs Maks, I think Maks handled it the best way he could and gave an apology to who he thinks deserved it most. CA, I knew they were going to go there, but she came off sounding like a mom again, and the whole 'you need to let it go' hints at deeper tension, but made it sound like he was all wrong. I forgot she also tried spanking him this season.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-09-2010 at 11:55 PM.

FORT Fogey

Did anyone else notice that when Carrie Ann said she respected all the pros and started listing names that the first two names out of her mouth were Mark and Derek? Does she not realize that when people talk about pros getting preferential treatment, the Hough/Ballas combo are the first ones who get mentioned? If she was only going to name four names, she really should have mentioned other people instead or at the very least, she shouldn't have led with those two names--and it seemed to me that you could tell Maks noticed that she started with those two as opposed to, say, Tony or Louis.

The fact that Bristol is now fussing about how she can keep getting eights when she's told she's improving makes me wonder if she really does understand that she's not as good as the remaining dancers (or the last four who left before her). I swear, I wanted to holler back at the TV, "You're not getting better than eights, because you shouldn't have gotten eights in the first place, only the judges didn't think you'd be sticking around. They can't give you any higher than eights now, or they'd have to give everybody else tens, perhaps elevens, just to make it seem less than ludicrous." I also couldn't believe she didn't think she could be any more animated out there than she is. Has she seen the other dancers at all and compared them to tapes of herself? She clearly had less personality than any of the other five that were left this week. Perhaps her mother's avid supporters have finally gotten to her, and she's just plain delusional about how well she's doing. I think it's very sad that there are such organized campaigns by people who aren't even watching the show to make sure that Bristol doesn't get eliminated. If you're not watching the show, I don't think you should vote--for anyone. I thought it was wrong when Jersey Shore fans were doing it for Mike, and I think this is wrong too.

I can't blame the fans entirely, though. The judges have been inflating her scores for some time now. If they'd been fair (but kind) with her marks, maybe the fan vote wouldn't have made such a difference. Because they weren't, they're now stuck giving her nothing lower than an eight unless she completely screws up (which she could do, since she's now out of dances in hold and Mark can't continue to guide her around the floor), and that may be enough to get her into the final two.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4101886;
    Derek and Mark aren't going anywhere unless they want to, and I wouldn't be surprised if Julianne returns.
    I doubt Julianne returns anytime soon. She's the lead female in the remake of Footloose that's filming now. Between acting and her music career and dating Seacrest, she wouldn't have the time. Although I thought for sure they'd have her on as a musical guest since she's working hard to become a country music star.

I like Bristol and think if she would just show some personality on the dance floor she wouldn't be half bad, but she should have gone tonight. Kurt is the better dancer. I felt so bad for him. And for Anna who really seemed to be enjoying herself this season. I'd love to see the pro's go on strike...lol.

I loved when they made fun of Jennifer's whining on DC.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Bristol has been brainwashed (and it wouldn't take much) into thinking she is way more special than she really is. After all, she wouldn't get the fan votes if she wasn't gifted and talented would she? Hence, the Judges are not fair to only give her 8s.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Mark's been complaining before about not getting the scores he thinks he deserves. CA admitted Kate wasn't self aware and I think Bristol has gotten caught up in the hype that she's better than she is. Next week, she has the waltz and the paso. We already can tell which dance will be the disaster, and which one will bring the judges to their knees and have them whip out the high scores for her again, while the other get nitpicked and dinged for minor things I'll scream if Bristol actually gets a 9 and Kurt never did. Brandy has the paso and AT next week, so I'm really hopeful those 2 dances will put her in the finals. I won't be overly surprised, however, if she goes.

I doubt Julianne returns anytime soon. She's the lead female in the remake of Footloose that's filming now. Between acting and her music career and dating Seacrest, she wouldn't have the time. Although I thought for sure they'd have her on as a musical guest since she's working hard to become a country music star.

I like Bristol and think if she would just show some personality on the dance floor she wouldn't be half bad, but she should have gone tonight. Kurt is the better dancer. I felt so bad for him. And for Anna who really seemed to be enjoying herself this season. I'd love to see the pro's go on strike...lol.

I loved when they made fun of Jennifer's whining on DC.
    She apparently still has a season left on her contract, according to Derek. I thought she was all done after season 8, and that's why she came back to finish it off and move on. Does Julianne even do music anymore? I never hear about her. Anyway, one Hough and a Ballas are enough for me. I'd rather take her than Derek, but again, one Hough is all I need. I can't imagine two gush fests coming from the judges table, on top of the other Paula Abdul moments CA has and whatever metaphors Bruno rambles out.

That part of DC was one of my favorites Plus, Kenny asking why she's called Baby, then the sound of a lullaby playing as we see clips of Derek rocking her. Also loved the whole intervention of Len and Brandy and Kurt destroying his competition with footballs.

Just watched him and Anna on Jimmy Kimmell. I notice Jimmy no longer asks what judge they want to smack in the face. The typical response use to be CA, so maybe when she went on his show, she told him to cool it with that question.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I'm so angry with Maks for his inability to be gracious and "man up" for Brandi's sake. She is a very good dancer and deserves to be in the finals. If she leaves, it will be because of his stupid temper tantrum, not because of anything she has done wrong. What a big baby he is! He has to continue on and make it about him. Ugh!

On the other hand, I think we all need to get used to the idea that Bristol is here to stay. That is just how it is on competition shows - it's not always the most talented person who wins, it is about the fan base. Her mother has a huge fan base. It isn't fair, but we are stuck with her.

I love "Dance Center"! So much fun!

Did anyone else get treated to a commercial for Sarah's new show towards the end of tonights program? Ugh.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread