+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Footballmom;4101855;
    For all of you who do not think that Bristol should have made it through (and as far as talent I agree) obviously she has a fan base to make it happen. She is a very sweet young lady. I think with Bristol what you see is what you get. It is refreshing. Unlike Kate....wait....with Kate it is "what you see it what you get" too I wish Kurt and Anna would have been the ones who had made it through to next week. I personally just don't think that Bristol should be bashed because they didn't. It is just the Mom in me I guess... JMHO

I don't think Bristol is being bashed. People have been pretty patient with the results despite the fact she has overstayed her welcome by about a month.
    I don't blame the fans who have decided to vote for her, but I'm annoyed that people who have no interest in the show are voting because they've apparently been asked to by her mother or people associated to her mother.

I wouldn't mind so much if I felt Bristol was really enjoying herself and desperately wanted to stay, but I don't.
    I blame the judges. They're scoring her too high and have been since week one, imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4101844;
    I know it's only a dance show and I know the reward for winning is only a stupid mirror ball (and more cash for getting to the later stages), but Bristol has been the worst dancer for weeks, imo.
    I think she was even worse than Florence.
    It's just not right that she's still there while better dancers have gone.
    She's incredibly limited, does the same moves over and over again and walks as much as she dances.
    If the judges had given her appropriate scores she might have been out weeks ago. They've held up the 7 and 8 paddles too often to turn back now and give her the 5's and 4's she's often deserved.
    At this point she'd have to collapse mid dance and be stretchered off to egt less than a 7.
    I know it's funny to get worked up over it, because it's not like other talent shows where they get an actual life changing prize. At best, these winners wind up with more name recognition and a few stints here and there. But it's for the same reasons I don't like ringers that I don't like clunkers making it this far. Brandy, Jennifer, Kyle, and Kurt were having to work hard. They had something to prove, and are getting picked apart (depending on the judge/celeb) for minor things, that normally I wouldn't care about them doing. But giving Bristol a pat on the back every week, or letting her down gently, and giving her scores for barely dancing, for Mark dancing around, and for doing a lot of posing in place-giving her 7s and 8s for those? It's not far that the remaining 3 have potential, have to work, have to come out and give it their all, and are going to be on seperate levels for their scoring/critiques. If Michael Bolton was still around, those judges would come out and personally beat him with their 1 paddles.

I should clarify -- I didn't think he was intentionally being disrespectful to Kurt. I just figured that Carrie Ann's little speech made him want to put his fist through a wall, and he was venting his fury through gritted teeth.
    It might have bugged him that she got the last word (on the show-his blog will be interesting to read this week). I have to say, with Kurt gone, Jennifer a huge favorite, and Bristol being unstoppable, I worry the most that Brandy will leave one week shy of the finals. I've been watching our British counterpart through Youtube, and realize how much more I'm enjoying their series than ours this time around. It sure helps when you don't know the cast, aren't voting, and have no dog in the race. So if Brandy leaves next week, that'll be my finale. I may throw votes to Bristol just to give ABC what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by shecolesy;4101846;
    I can't believe Bristol is still there - I realize that the show has to be fan based since it's dancing with the 'stars'; but there does come a point that it is about who is the best dancer. I don't think Kurt would have won, but he has improved tremendously since day 1 and it doesn't seem like Bristol has gotten any better. PLUS she doesn't even want to be there anymore!

AMEN & HALLELUJAH to the bolded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think some get that. I think some feel it's just about who tries and waiting for the small chance that by the finale someone's going to open up and dance better. It's like this is only about one person's journey and the journey doesn't have to do anything with dancing at all. Everyone tries on some level. Even those who dance better are killing themselves because no matter how intricate they are or how well they do they are being sent home and critiqued to the hilt. If that's the case why should they try or be there. Why call it dancing with the stars ? Why not call it improving or having fun with the stars who can't dance. I don't get it. I have no problems with judges & fans being slightly easier on poorer dancers in the beginning to give them 2 or 3 weeks to see if they can really improve and find their niche in dancing. However, to humongously overscore and vote to keep them this far into the season when they haven't ignificantly improved and won't significantly improve by the finale is wrong to me. What most who enjoy the stories of the Kelly Osbourne types is that you come in not expecting much and it's a surprise how the blossom. Whether they eventually win or not you enjoy the surprise of seeing how they blossom and the story they naturally create as well as seeing how the better dancers reach stunning new heights and wow with the dances they do. What kind fo fun is a show is it where the frontrunners and potential winners with are those who can't dance well and barely have any improvement, while the great dancers and medium dancers that improve greatly fall by the wayside. Just not logical and enjoyable to me for a semi-final, final or entire season for that matter. jmo

FORT Fogey

BTW, have we ever seen the couple who does the repeat dance on results night get voted off?
    I figured as soon as Kyle and Lacey started dancing, they were safe since I can't remember any couple getting bounced on the night they are selected to showcase their dance.

FORT Fan

I bet Bristol doesn't even realize that she has NO BUSINESS still being on the show....and I am CERTAIN that her mother didn't even watch tonight....instead, she is speaking at a $750 plate dinner fundraiser in MY TOWN tonight -- so much for being a supportive mother, but I guess she rationalizes her lack of support with all of the people that she has power voting for Bristol's continued participation.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4101867;
    BTW, have we ever seen the couple who does the repeat dance on results night get voted off?
    I figured as soon as Kyle and Lacey started dancing, they were safe since I can't remember any couple getting bounced on the night they are selected to showcase their dance.
    Didn't Cheryl and Rick dance last Wednesday???? I could be wrong, but I seem to vividly remember that GREEN suit!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi;4101869;
    Didn't Cheryl and Rick dance last Wednesday???? I could be wrong, but I seem to vividly remember that GREEN suit!!
    You may be right! I had forgotten that. Usually, though, the couple leaving is not the couple dancing that night.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4101866;
    AMEN & HALLELUJAH to the bolded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think some get that. I think some feel it's just about who tries and waiting for the small chance that by the finale someone's going to open up and dance better. It's like this is only about one person's journey and the journey doesn't have to do anything with dancing at all. Everyone tries on some level. Even those who dance better are killing themselves because no matter how intricate they are or how well they do they are being sent home and critiqued to the hilt. If that's the case why should they try or be there. Why call it dancing with the stars ? Why not call it improving or having fun with the stars who can't dance. I don't get it. I have no problems with judges & fans being slightly easier on poorer dancers in the beginning to give them 2 or 3 weeks to see if they can really improve and find their niche in dancing. However, to humongously overscore and vote to keep them this far into the season when they haven't ignificantly improved and won't significantly improve by the finale is wrong to me. What most who enjoy the stories of the Kelly Osbourne types is that you come in not expecting much and it's a surprise how the blossom. Whether they eventually win or not you enjoy the surprise of seeing how they blossom and the story they naturally create as well as seeing how the better dancers reach stunning new heights and wow with the dances they do. What kind fo fun is a show is it where the frontrunners and potential winners with are those who can't dance well and barely have any improvement, while the great dancers and medium dancers that improve greatly fall by the wayside. Just not logical and enjoyable to me for a semi-final, final or entire season for that matter. jmo

I know everyone has their reasons for voting. And I can't say watching the horrible hoofers hasn't had me rooting for them, depending on who they are. In some cases, I might be wanting them to win over better dancers in the finals if I felt they had more to prove, weren't ringers, and had better personalities. But I don't know that I'd go as far as voting for them, because I wouldn't want to inflict the backlash and make them feel guilty, if they did, for outlasting better couples. Especially because practically every horrible dancer doesn't get the pat on the back and 8s for showing up on the floor. I feel the judges/producers are more guilty of that behavior than the fans voting for her. Bristol winning would be a fitting outcome to what I think is the worst season ever.

It's why I wish the show gave everyone 2 weeks to dance, so they can get their nerves out of the way and maybe have a better go with a different dance style. It may be all fun and games this season with Bristol, but DWTS may have to do something to appeal to viewers next season to tune. If they try stunt casting like this again I don't think it'll go over as well. People will expect the Bristol treatment and figure what's the point of tuning in. The judges have come down hard on everybody, and lowered scores as result. Bristol? Yeah, she's gotten criticism, but her scores haven't exactly reflected that. If Bristol makes the finals, which I'm thinking there's a good chance of it, that'll be telling how they score her then, because that'll be their chance. Maybe they figure her fanbase is too high to bother, but they may know exactly what the judges needs to give her to get her into third.

Instead of a Brandy/Jennifer final 2, I'm thinking it might be Kyle/Jennifer. Or Derek/Mark, then they can push their partners aside and grab the mirrorball when one of them wins If anyone left fits the underdog/Kelly O/Warren Sapp surprise slot, it's Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4101867;
    Adam/Julianne did, though their unicycle paso was almost too much of a mess not to repeat. And I believe Steve Guttenberg repeated his "mango" with Jonathan the night he got voted off. I think there's been more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4101859;
    As hard as it is to fathom, Bristol hasn't taken out anyone. If someone fell out of the bottom, it is because there wasn't enough fan votes for that person, and that hasn't got anything to do with Bristol.
    Bristol herself is NOT eliminating people, but her presence on the show is causing the elimination of more deserving dancers. If I'm understanding other posters', including my own, frustration, it's directed more at the cause for the "unfair" eliminations of more talented dancers. Each week, Bristol comes out and performs below her fellow competitors' standards; early on, it was tolerable, but at this point in the competition, she's still dancing around a 5-6, maybe an occasional 7, but the judges continue to inflate her scores.

No, the voting bloc behind her can no longer be negated (umm, why did I not get the direct mailings from Sarah? I feel left out), but that alone does not determine her standing on the show. If the show wanted Bristol gone, they could give her 3s, like they did Master P, inflate the other dancers' scores so that there was a massive margin between them, and call it an elimination. ABC will not do that for whatever reason, and that reason is money. Bristol will make the final, and that is unfair. The frustration is not about Bristol but that the show allows her to oust better dancers, dancers with legitimate fan bases that are the result of their own efforts not their mother's politics.

For the record, I do agree with IrishGal that this show is 90% scripted, 10% reality with the proof in the unsubstantiated votes.

Instead of a Brandy/Jennifer final 2, I'm thinking it might be Kyle/Jennifer. Or Derek/Mark, then they can push their partners aside and grab the mirrorball when one of them wins If anyone left fits the underdog/Kelly O/Warren Sapp surprise slot, it's Kyle.
    kara, I have a brain cramp after tonight's show. If things go the way they've been going, Bristol's going to be in the final. So it'll be Bristol and Jen, for sure. Depending on the show's whims, we'll either have the token male and sneak-attack favorite, Kyle, who will pull it out in the end, or they'll go for the all-female final, and Brandy will duke it out with Jen. After last night and tonight, I fear that the show will now switch gears and help Kyle win it all. I wouldn't be surprised if Brandy knows that she's going home next week.

+ Reply to Thread