+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Conrad Green said they're encouraged to disagree with the judges and cause a stink, but no one really ever has, except Tony and Maks (that I can recall). I've heard on Strictly it gets pretty nasty at times with the back and forth. I think that's what our show would love. It's a win for them, and why CA and her inexperience isn't going anywhere. I watched a paso performed on Strictly a couple of weeks ago, that had lifts, and nothing was said. If they ever did that here, CA has to call it out, otherwise it shows it was pointless to ever make it her crusade and that she really doesn't know what she's talking about. Brandy probably won't see a 10 from her now, and if Maks returns next season (which I'm doubting unless the producers make changes-and I wouldn't be surprised if they do), he'll probably have an uphill battle with CA, unless he gets some hip hop fly girl type. Maks has been down on this season, but the vibe from all the pros, even mugging, hammy Derek, has me thinking they're ready. None of them, and even the celebs (except maybe Kyle/Lacey) seem excited. Well, Jennifer, too, I guess.

I think Maks will have another season where the mirrorball slips away. CA was tacky for saying there were people better than Kurt (Bruno to) and then giving Bristol scores 1 point less or equal to his insta-dance.

Speaking of that, it wasn't a disaster like I was expecting. I bet it'll be back next season, but I think it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4100938;
    Her comment was perfectly valid. He was rude to just keep talking over her and cop a snotty attitude.

You're entitled to your opinion as am I - she has been after him for years and he finally got tired of it. To me his comments to her were valid and she was the snotty one. She plays favorites more than the others - she should be impartial but she does the same thing every season.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4100944;
    You're entitled to your opinion as am I - she has been after him for years and he finally got tired of it. To me his comments to her were valid and she was the snotty one. She plays favorites more than the others - she should be impartial but she does the same thing every season.
    I could tell by looking at their faces tonight the judges were going to be off their rocker. If they're going to penalize Brandy for something small and minor, they need to throw the mirror ball at Bristol/Mark for barely pulling off a samba, and give proper penalities to everyone else. There were times Jennifer was off, but CA gives her a 10 and waves her paddle like a fan girl at a boy band concert. The judges have favorites, whether it's the producers doing or not, but it's obvious every season who it'll be. Jennifer's their big huge get, and she gets Derek, who has yet to go out before 6th, and who has yet to have a partner anywhere on a horrible level. Bristol, stunt casting, gets a free pass, while Audrina improves, tries her hardest, has potential, but gets dinged on minor flaws because she's not a "chosen one" (or partnered with one). It's tiring seeing how manipulative the show is. They're the first ones to say it's not a true ballroom competition, it's a TV show about ballroom dancing, so maybe they should remember that, remember the celebs (ringers aside) aren't professional dancers, are having minimal time to learn these routines, and cut them a break. Or treat them all the same.

Maks is a polarizing figure. Some people see him as a rebel with a cause and some people see him as a rebel without a cause. He does often stand right on that line between having a cause and being temperamental, that's for sure. I love him no matter what because he's so freaking hot but I readily admit that that standard is somewhat shallow and superficial.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4100946;
    I could tell by looking at their faces tonight the judges were going to be off their rocker. If they're going to penalize Brandy for something small and minor, they need to throw the mirror ball at Bristol/Mark for barely pulling off a samba, and give proper penalities to everyone else. There were times Jennifer was off, but CA gives her a 10 and waves her paddle like a fan girl at a boy band concert. The judges have favorites, whether it's the producers doing or not, but it's obvious every season who it'll be. Jennifer's their big huge get, and she gets Derek, who has yet to go out before 6th, and who has yet to have a partner anywhere on a horrible level. Bristol, stunt casting, gets a free pass, while Audrina improves, tries her hardest, has potential, but gets dinged on minor flaws because she's not a "chosen one" (or partnered with one). It's tiring seeing how manipulative the show is. They're the first ones to say it's not a true ballroom competition, it's a TV show about ballroom dancing, so maybe they should remember that, remember the celebs (ringers aside) aren't professional dancers, are having minimal time to learn these routines, and cut them a break. Or treat them all the same.

I don't get how Jennougher received 3 10's by doing a balancing act. They stood around for quite awhile while she wobbled on Derek's shoulder and nothing was said. I'm tired of the favoritism on this show - especially from an ex-fly girl who has NO ballroom experience.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4100947;
    Maks is a polarizing figure. Some people see him as a rebel with a cause and some people see him as a rebel without a cause. He does often stand right on that line between having a cause and being temperamental, that's for sure. I love him no matter what because he's so freaking hot but I readily admit that that standard is somewhat shallow and superficial.
    At least you admit it
    I like Maks a lot. I aren't terribly keen on Brandy, didn't like Erin much at all and thought all the romance speculation was completely tiresome.
    Maks and Mel B are one of my favourite couples ever, if not my absolute favourite. I think CA was right about their instadance though. Too much time elapsed before the dancing started and I didn't like the ending either.
    I thought Maks completely overreacted to her comments.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Her former boyfriend, Artem, is currently a pro on SCD this season. I know people who watched him our version of SYTYCD hoped he'd be added to our season, but because CA is CA, I wouldn't trust her (for better or worse) to be fair. Maks is a traditionalist and I doubt we'll ever see him caving into dong a gimmick filled dance or messing about and doing a non-quick step, unless the theme week specifically calls for it. He's been pretty down on this season going back to early weeks. The first week, it stood out to me when CA said to Lacey 'welcome back' but I don't recall the judges ever saying that to any other pro that was MIA the season before. If it's supposed to be about the contestants, make it about them, not about the pros. That's where the judges and producers get inconsistant. Everyone has different rules applied to them. And everyone gets treated differently, going along with dance style and music. This will definitely be the big moment going into next week, so I'll be curious how it gets handled. I'm sure both will take their knocks online from detractors but also have supporters in their corner. Maks probably is fed up with all the favoritism and inconsistancy and non-dancing the real dance going on. He didn't like this insta-dance twist and thought it was unfair. It didn't do any huge disaster dances, as I think Bristol would have been just as horrible. I don't think he'd go there in calling out a specific celeb or pro getting treated differently, especially since he's good friends with Mark. But the insta-dance was pointless, and I thought CA was just being CA by calling Brandy out 'you're a singer! I expected better from you on musicality'. I know those weren't the exact words, but I'm sure it did irk Maks. That's what he figured would happen. And dinging Brandy because she didn't like her neck in their waltz, when Len and Bruno gave it a 10?

I don't think CA likes to be made a fool of, or made out to be that she doesn't know what she's talking about. You do that and you're on her list for life. Maybe we'll get lucky and 1 vs 100 will take up too much of her time, or she'll get recruited for Paula Abdul's new dance show.

Fluff, normally I'd agree, even being a die hard Maks fan And as I mentioned, I hate the stupid bickering amongst the judges as it is, and am glad Tom doesn't get in on it like Ryan Seacrest does on AI or that we don't typically have contestants talking back and getting into fights. I think this was something brewing in Maks, and with the negativity Brandy's taken in the press, I think he snapped. Especially with her finding one flaw in their earlier dance, and the challenge of the insta-dance, I think it set him off. So I'll say no one was right, because the judges have to get it together better.
    Last edited by fluff; 11-08-2010 at 10:52 PM.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I just finished watching my DVRed episode and I feel really disappointed in Maks' little ugly scene to end what was a pretty fun evening. I think he has the right to answer the judges, but yelling over her and saying over and over again, "just give me a 7 then", was rude and stupid. Then, when he talked about how unappreciated the pros are- that was really stupid! He is hurting Brandi's votes by doing stuff like that. The American public love humility and will vote for a humble person who will take criticism gracefully, even if the person is not as good. I think we have learned this through reality show competitions time and time again.

Also, apart from people in the dance world, who has ever heard of any of these pros before Dancing with the Stars? Noone! This is a pretty good gig for these pros and gives them the opportunity to do other things that never would have been possible without the publicity they receive from the show. I think it is stupid for any of them to act so ungrateful for the opportunity to be a professional dancer on this show and there are plenty of other pro dancers who would be happy to take their place.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4100947;
    That's better than any rationale I've ever heard out of any of the judges' mouths for anything they do! I am totally behind this logic. Totally and completely *fangirl wave*

kara, thanks for reminding me where the Conrad-Green-Pros-Vs. Judges thing came from that I referenced in my post. Consider yourself properly footnoted now

We'll know the script better tomorrow, but I'd love to hope that they deemed Maks worthy of the MBT this season instead of writing Derek's 3rd win into the script. We can only hope.

I kinda want Kurt in the final cuz I think he'd just be so funny on GMA, but with Maks' blowup, now he needs my help. Ay yi yi.

I worry about Brandy going home now If Maks had the intention of taking a break next season (or forever) on this show, then the show could have them get kicked off and make it seem like his not returning was due to that and having a tantrum about being voted off in 5th.

I think the pros want their world represented right. It's true they're all easily replacable, as a bunch found out last season. I've wondered before if the reason Dmitry hasn't been back to partner a celeb was because it was discussed that Mya either helped or sometimes actually choreographed their routines, instead of the pro doing that for the celeb (which is the whole point). Maks has always made that clear. None of them seem ungrateful, but I believe it's just the lack of inconsistancy that has them fed up. Look back at least season, Evan/Anna looked defeated in the finale leading up to their final dance and the results. So I'm sure they're all tired of it, and it probably doesn't help having someone like CA to preach to them what they should be doing when she has no idea herself. I'm not saying CA doesn't know about dance, but she doesn't know ballroom. This was a lighter version of Bolton-Bruno gate and I'm sure the producers will support CA but say the couples are encouraged to speak up if they disagree.

+ Reply to Thread