+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I like Kyle, but I agree that he should not have outlasted Audrina. And don't even get me started on Bristol. I'm really scared that she's going to make te F3, which would be a crime if it were to actually happen.

Audrina's elimination is sorta like Sabrina Bryan's. Two women who people expected to make it far and were among the stronger dancers but didn't have enough of a fanbase to get them to that point. And all fairness to Sabrina, but Audrina had absolutely no dance training, so the fact that she was among the stronger dancers is amazing.

Before tonight, I wouldn't have agreed with others who say that this season sucks. Now, I think I might just agree.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4091573;
    Brandy's getting all my votes. I want her to win, and I think if anyone can overtake Jennifer (assuming there's no funny stuff behind the scenes), it's her. Maks is a nice to have around, too.
    I think Brandy and Kyle are the only contestants with a [small] shot to beat jennifer. The only problem: they are partnered with Maks and Lacey who seem to be two of the judges least favorite pros (along with poor Tony).

At the end of the day I am still not convinced our votes really matter--there have been several eliminations and wins from this show that I find quite questionable...and when the jedges have the final say in random scores (like last year's finale, immediately following Len's comments saying Nicole was the champion) it seems even more apparent that tptb are really controlling the outcome. ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4091591;
    Rick winning would be the most comical thing I've seen in awhile. There would be no logical explanation for that. I too do not get the "He's so gorgeous!" comments. He looks kinda... smarmy to me, I guess is the best way to put it.
    "Smarmy" is the exact word I used to explain to my daughter why I don't like him. So I'm in the club with Karalott and everyone else who said Rick kind of creeps them out.

No way will they have three women in the final, so I am going to vote like crazy for Kurt and Anna.

So sorry about Audrina and Tony. They were fun and entertaining to watch. I really appreciated their hard work and joy.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;4091691;
    even though before this season started I didn't even know who Audrina was...IMO...she is 100% better than Bristol or Kyle...now I really like Kyle..its hard not to like him...he just ooozes spunk and I think he really does try....but he's not the best dancer and I am sorry for the Bristol fans...but this week has been the only week where she actually delivered a fairly decent performance..but IMO both Kyle and Bristol should have gone home wayyyyyyyy before Audrina...I just don't think I am gonna waste my time voting anymore..I am really starting to wonder if our votes are even really counted or if the entire season is already set up before it even starts..its become more of a popularity contest than about the dancing which is wrong to me...but I cant dictate to people what they should do...as for Bristol...ohhhhhhhhhh yea she is sending a wonderful message to teen mothers....have the baby and it appears that 90% of the time the child is cared for by others..so its like saying go ahead be a teen mother you can always dump the kid on someone else and do what you want to do...the message she should deliever should say...I am in that 1% of teens who's parents have enough money to provide the best caregivers for my child and I am not the one that has to spend 24/7 of my time killing myself to finish school...work to provide for the child and take care of him which is exactly what the other 99% of teen mothers have to do
    Bristol has her son with her and someone came to care for him during her rehearsals which is about 6 hours a day. There was a piece on them in a magazine and Bristol takes him to the zoo and other places. She says it's no different than when she is home, because she has to work at her job all day back in Alaska and leave him with a sitter. I think she's a wonderful mother and mature beyond her years and I think it is wonderful that she has been given this opportunity to be on dwts. It's probably the most fun thing she has gotten to do in her entire life.

Audrina/Tony....what a travesty!!! I just knew they would be in the finale along with Jennifer and Brandy. I am so disappointed that A/T went home. Tony finally got a decent partner, but she obviously didn't have a fanbase. Sooooo Sad!! I love Tony and Audrina is such a sweet girl and was working so hard and I thought she was a really good dancer. I also think Kyle is the Ty Murray of this season and will make it to at least F4. I predict Kurt will made the F3 now.
    Last edited by n4692u; 10-27-2010 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;4091691;
    as for Bristol...ohhhhhhhhhh yea she is sending a wonderful message to teen mothers....have the baby and it appears that 90% of the time the child is cared for by others..so its like saying go ahead be a teen mother you can always dump the kid on someone else and do what you want to do...the message she should deliever should say...I am in that 1% of teens who's parents have enough money to provide the best caregivers for my child and I am not the one that has to spend 24/7 of my time killing myself to finish school...work to provide for the child and take care of him which is exactly what the other 99% of teen mothers have to do
    As much as it pains me I have to agree. I think we need people out there talking about motherhood and teen pregnancies...but going on a dancing show is probably not sending the right message. I know she is a young girl and just wants to have fun but the majority of pre-teen and teenage girls who have a child do not get to "have fun." Like you said, everything seems great for this teen mom BUT most parents can't leave their kids to go dance on tv. Most importantly, we have to remember that her intended audience is primarily young girls, and these young ladies see a spokesman who gets on one of the most popular tv shows because she was irresponsible.

I don't dislike Bristol or wish her ill-will, but I think a devoted spokesman would recognize his/her audience and opt out of a situation if it could potentially be detrimental to the cause. And, she may be an AMAZING mother (and I hope she is) but at the end of the day perception is everything for young girls and the only reality they see is a young mom not plagued by financial, educational or other serious issues, but rather twirling around with a hunky guy on a popular tv show.

Oh, I should add that I think she is a dreadful dancer...
    Last edited by mindy384; 10-27-2010 at 01:26 AM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Audrina reminds me more of Natalie Coughlin or Toni Braxton. A decent dancer with a ton of potential to go the distance, but never quite got on the same page as the judges. I felt they nitpicked those 2 as much as Audrina, and often times got screwed on the dancing/song choices. Then of course they wonder why America votes they way they do. Kurt being at the bottom of the leaderboard and getting a beating from the judges last night probably didn't help Audrina. In another season, she probably would have done so much better. Before it focused on trainwrecks, drama, and controversy.

Hearing about the past stars coming back for next week, and re-watching the top 10 dances, makes me realize how even more pitiful this season is. I said it last night, but no dance has been memorable so far. I enjoyed Brandy's quickstep and tango, but that's been about it. I can't remember half of who danced what, and what I do remember is for the worst. No dance will go down in the DWTS history books like Mel/Maks's jive, Gilles AT, Drew's freestyle, Apolo's samba and freestyle, Emmitt's cha cha, Gilles paso, Lil Kim's AT-the list goes on and on, but not for this season. I wouldn't mind Kyle making the top 3 over Rick, because at least I remember he's on the show. I forget about Rick until he's announced, and by the end of the night, usually can't remember a thing about his dance. I would love Brandy and Kurt in the finals, but I know it's not in the cards for Kurt.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4091460;
    Bristol couldn't even do her air guitar the second time

If Brandy/Maks go, I'm on my way to LA. Watch the news for a mad woman tar and feathering a bunch of mindless ABC producers, 2 British judges, and one brainless former Fly Girl.
    You could come stay with me.
    I'd definitely join you in the tarring and feathering.

I fear that Bristol may win this. This is just crazy.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;4091592;
    I don't find Rick hot either. He is strange looking with teeth that are way too white and a weird fake tan.

Who is the person you are referring to that had a threesome in the bathroom?

I was really disappointed with the bottom two tonight. It is a disgrace that Audrina went home before Kyle, Bristol, Kurt, and even Rick. I guess she just didn't have the fan base.
    Rick is black. It's not a fake tan at all.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4091736;
    You could come stay with me.
    I'd definitely join you in the tarring and feathering.

I fear that Bristol may win this. This is just crazy.
    If that happens, I'm on my way You get the tar, I'll bring the feathers.

If Bristol somehow made it to the finals, and I don't know if it'd confirm whether the show does tamper with its results or not, but I don't think she'd win. There's the absolute final dance they do just for the judges scores, and I think a Derek and Maks/Cheryl freestyle (depending who she's up against) would trump something Mark did. Lacey's first and only freestyle I wasn't impressed with, so it'd be a draw there for me. I don't expect Kurt to make it so I'm not going to factor him in. Then there's the other dances to consider. So she could make the finals, but I think they'd tilt a win away from her if they felt it'd do more harm than good. I think Jennifer's a lock due to fanbase (hers and Derek's), and unless the show throws Rick under the bus before then, he looks headed for the finals. I'm still up in the air if the last spot will go to Brandy, Kyle, or Bristol.

I was sad to see Audrina / Tony go, as well.
    While Audrina was not my fave and I found her pretty boring, I thought she was definitely a better technical dancer than Bristol, Kurt and Rick. They should have gone before her.
    As far as Kyle, I happen to find him very entertaining and a lot of fun to watch. I don't think he's the greatest dancer ever, but his enthusiasm makes up for a lot ( including Lacey as a partner.)
    Unfortunately, this show is about voting and popularity, just like AI is.
    Looks like Audrina didn't have as big a fan base as some of the others as her judges scores were better than quite a few others. So, I definitely wouldn't blame her elimination on the judges. I'd blame it on the voting public.
    And, as far as Jennifer and Derek, I have no idea what their fan base is.
    I do know, though, that whether we want to believe it or not, this show is not fixed.

+ Reply to Thread