+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 183

Thread: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #111
    FORT Regular Need40winks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    104

    Re: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I love both Jennifer and Audrina. They are both great ladies.

  2. #112
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4091577;
    Of course they are. They know what they did because there's precedent for it. Natalie Coughlin shouldn't have been voted out as early as she was last fall, but they nitpicked her to death as well and out the door she went way before she should have. So when the judges break out the "Woe is us" routine, it's insulting.

    A finale of Jennifer-Brandy-Rick would be my worst nightmare. Not one person I like in that trio. So I suppose once Kurt goes (very surprised and happy he was safe, btw!), my voting stops and possibly viewing as well. Audrina was my 2nd (and only other) choice to vote for.
    I like Brandy, but would worry the show would push for a Rick/Jennifer showdown. I don't care what angle they try and pull with putting Jennifer in the fake bottom 2, or giving her the third lowest scores of the night, to try and pretend it's an even playing field and unpredictable. It's obvious. Jennifer/Derek didn't even look nervous. And why should they have? They had to know they were safe, just like everyone else (and that's not a dig). Tony/Audrina knew once Kyle/Lacey were called safe they were gone. I worry Bristol may wind up making it a lot farther than next week. Mark's already gone beyond Jonathan's doll dance freestyle, but luckily I have to work the remaining Mondays until the finale, so I can just catch the couples I want and FF the ones I don't (along with Brooke and the judges comments). The show really went overboard with rock week, too. Tony looked so defeated and blank at the end of the night. I hope he gets another good shot next season.

  3. #113
    FORT Fogey VAgirl79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,875

    Re: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4091586;
    I like Brandy, but would worry the show would push for a Rick/Jennifer showdown. I don't care what angle they try and pull with putting Jennifer in the fake bottom 2, or giving her the third lowest scores of the night, to try and pretend it's an even playing field and unpredictable. It's obvious. Jennifer/Derek didn't even look nervous. And why should they have? They had to know they were safe, just like everyone else (and that's not a dig). Tony/Audrina knew once Kyle/Lacey were called safe they were gone. I worry Bristol may wind up making it a lot farther than next week. Mark's already gone beyond Jonathan's doll dance freestyle, but luckily I have to work the remaining Mondays until the finale, so I can just catch the couples I want and FF the ones I don't (along with Brooke and the judges comments). The show really went overboard with rock week, too. Tony looked so defeated and blank at the end of the night. I hope he gets another good shot next season.
    I feel badly for Tony as well as Audrina. Carrie Ann just needs to get over whatever her beef is with him. She is oftentimes harder on his partners and witchy to him, and it's pitiful. At the end of the day her job is to judge, not carry out some axe she has to grind against him.

    I haven't cared for Brandy's antics/attitude she's had during some of this season, which is why I don't care for her as a contestant. I like Maks a lot, though. So if it were down to her and Jennifer, I'd much rather see Brandy win. Rick winning would be the most comical thing I've seen in awhile. There would be no logical explanation for that. I too do not get the "He's so gorgeous!" comments. He looks kinda... smarmy to me, I guess is the best way to put it. *shrug*

    And I dunno about the gorilla suits being worse than the doll dance freestyle... that's still the scariest thing I've ever seen on reality TV! What was funny to me was Mark took the song way too literally; he could've come up with better costumes than that. All he had to do was watch the opening of The Monkees, and they could've done a spoof of the guys walking down the street in their PJs and people who knew the show would get the joke. Then again, maybe most people don't know that show too well these days. I was born almost 2 decades after it debuted, but I still liked it in re-runs! My favorite Monkee was Michael.

    I am somewhat mortified at next week's theme of current couples dancing routines that the returning contestants did and will be judging them on. Didn't make it plain if it'll be straight-up imitation, or more of an interpretation. Either way... eep! All of those people, save for Kelly, had at least one "classic" DWTS dance that I'll always remember. This lot imitating any of that? Oy. Just going to make everyone look even worse, IMO.

  4. #114
    signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,557

    Re: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4091565;
    I can't believe I'm the only one who doesn't find Rick hot. I can't even say he's overly attractive. I don't get the fascination the judges and producers have with wanting him to stick around, unless it has to do with Cheryl, but right now, only Brandy and (as much as it pains me to say it) Jennifer have the only right to go to the finals. Audrina deserved to be there with them. I love Kurt because the judges don't, because he's trying, because Anna attempts to give traditional, gimmick free routines, because the guy actually has a personality. Kyle, Rick, and Bristol could all go next week. I'll be glad when the stupid hype of the 200th episode is over with. And this whole season. I'd like to think it won't be as biased and obvious next time, and maybe get people cast not famous for being a politician's kid or someone who has threesomes in a public bathroom while cameras are filming.

    But Bristol sticking around and the show not intervening would serve them right for casting her in the first place. However, I bet she's gone next week.
    I don't find Rick hot either. He is strange looking with teeth that are way too white and a weird fake tan.

    Who is the person you are referring to that had a threesome in the bathroom?

    I was really disappointed with the bottom two tonight. It is a disgrace that Audrina went home before Kyle, Bristol, Kurt, and even Rick. I guess she just didn't have the fan base.

  5. #115
    Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    3,155

    Re: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I was only watching for Audrina. I thought she improved by leaps and bounds from day one. I'm thinking I'll tap out for the rest of the season. I don't care for or about any of the remaining "stars". Meh.

  6. #116
    FORT Fogey Tobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Very disappointed and bummed about Tony and Audrina. I enjoyed watching them together. I think Tony was really upset for her. I am upset that Kyle and Rick have stuck around even Kurt over her. I don't think any of them have improved at all, at least Bristol has improved, the others are the same as where they started. BTW, not a Rick is hot person....it must be Cheryl that is keeping him in. Why did Audrina have to go...boo hoo.. I will not enjoy watching nearly as much with three awful men dancers and some bratty women. Jennifer is the best of who's left. I wish Kyle had left, Lacey is overbearing this time around. The girl looks like an unmade bed...

  7. #117
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    15,209

    Re: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by miccisue;4091575;
    Well, this has nothing to do with the results, but just watching any of them makes me wish there was a place in my area where one could take ballroom dance lessons. It looks like a blast, and a great way to get exercise.

    Also, my apologies to any Audrina fans I offended. I'm personally baffled at all the hatred directed at Jennifer Grey who learned some dancing for a movie over 20 years ago, survived a car crash that killed two other people, has had back surgery and had to have screws placed in her neck and therefore has more limitations in what she physically is able to do, and is older than the rest of the competitors left.....and then I turn around and do the same to Audrina.

    My apologies. I was out of line.
    Anything that's said about a contestant here is fair game, nothing you said was out of line. I'm also a Jen fan (I even like Derek ), and if someone says Jennifer eats babies and Derek sells crack to schoolkids, we have to suck it up. Same goes for anyone else's favorite.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

  8. #118
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4091591;
    I feel badly for Tony as well as Audrina. Carrie Ann just needs to get over whatever her beef is with him. She is oftentimes harder on his partners and witchy to him, and it's pitiful. At the end of the day her job is to judge, not carry out some axe she has to grind against him.

    I haven't cared for Brandy's antics/attitude she's had during some of this season, which is why I don't care for her as a contestant. I like Maks a lot, though. So if it were down to her and Jennifer, I'd much rather see Brandy win. Rick winning would be the most comical thing I've seen in awhile. There would be no logical explanation for that. I too do not get the "He's so gorgeous!" comments. He looks kinda... smarmy to me, I guess is the best way to put it. *shrug*

    And I dunno about the gorilla suits being worse than the doll dance freestyle... that's still the scariest thing I've ever seen on reality TV! What was funny to me was Mark took the song way too literally; he could've come up with better costumes than that. All he had to do was watch the opening of The Monkees, and they could've done a spoof of the guys walking down the street in their PJs and people who knew the show would get the joke. Then again, maybe most people don't know that show too well these days. I was born almost 2 decades after it debuted, but I still liked it in re-runs! My favorite Monkee was Michael.

    I am somewhat mortified at next week's theme of current couples dancing routines that the returning contestants did and will be judging them on. Didn't make it plain if it'll be straight-up imitation, or more of an interpretation. Either way... eep! All of those people, save for Kelly, had at least one "classic" DWTS dance that I'll always remember. This lot imitating any of that? Oy. Just going to make everyone look even worse, IMO.
    I think it's just using songs that were used in past dances of the guest judges (which will be Helio, Emmitt, Drew, Gilles, Mel B, and Kelly Osbourne). This may very well ruin some of my all time favorite routines danced by the above if the band has to re-sing it and someone attempts to dance even a new dance. I wonder if the songs will be ones featured on the top 10 list (except Emmitt and Kelly). I wouldn't have gotten the PJ joke, but my mom watched that show and made the same comment. She said at the very least it wouldn't have seemed any less weird than gorilla suits I kind of think Mark knows he went too far. Even 6 seasons later, I still remember that dreaded freestyle...and am still trying to figure out what it was. Marie would have been better off with a gorilla mask on. I think it was an idea that looked good on paper, but executed, not so much. I actually liked Davy Jones of The Monkees, but that was more because of The Brady Bunch episode and movie.

    We'll probably start getting dance assignments leaked out. They're probably repeat dances. I wouldn't be surprised if Crazy Train is used, for the whole Osbourne connection.

    Unless ABC has something going on with Rick, I can't understand it. I don't believe it had anything to do with Vanessa (since when has an ex been a benefit to your career?) He's borderline creepy to me as well, especially with that grin. I admit Cheryl's doing a good job at taming the choreography to something he can do and pull off without looking like Master P (has he had a quick step yet?) Cheryl's a great teacher and choreographer, even when she doesn't have the best to work with, but she and Rick bore me. Something about this season, I don't know, but the pros don't seem as into it. Even Tom's been pretty mellow the last couple of weeks. I know I'm ready for it to be over. As for the judges, I sometimes wonder if they (particularly CA and Bruno) have a beef with the vocal pros who are critical of the judges. CA seems to have had an issue with Tony going back to season 2, but I think season 5 is when it all went to hell in a handbasket over the first official liftgate with Jane. I know she's was pretty critical of him with Marissa in season 6, and I feel like he's the only pro whose ever been called out in not challenging his partner enough or giving them enough to do by CA (which I disagree with, but think others fall into that category).

  9. #119
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;4091592;
    I don't find Rick hot either. He is strange looking with teeth that are way too white and a weird fake tan.

    Who is the person you are referring to that had a threesome in the bathroom?

    I was really disappointed with the bottom two tonight. It is a disgrace that Audrina went home before Kyle, Bristol, Kurt, and even Rick. I guess she just didn't have the fan base.
    That was Mike "The Situation". I don't watch Jersey Shore, but I caught that clip on The Soup. Apparently one of the other JS castmembers was hit up by 2 girls, but he had a girlfriend, so Mike graciously stepped in for him.

    I don't believe Jennifer was in the bottom 2. In fact, I bet she's the highest vote getter, or one of them, but it might be smart strategy for the show not to announce her safe every week (even though I think the whole 'in jeopardy' thing is a load of crap).

  10. #120
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    44

    Re: 10/26 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Jennifer is one of my favorites. The other is Audrina. I loved watching her dance with Tony (another favorite)...but I agree she just didn't have the fan base....and I guess Bristol Palin has the fan base because she is a real celebrity.

    I don't know why people are turned off to Derek...I don't think he's obnoxious; I think he is really funny. People have mentioned in past seasons that he is oblivious of his partners when they win and gets carried away when he gets his hands on the 'trophy.' That may be true on the last night, but if you watch closely, you will see that he is very supportive of his partners when judged and on elimination nights.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.