Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4082144;
    I've thought for weeks now it would be

1. Jennifer
    2. Rick
    3. Audrina

I wish Audrina would upset Jennifer, but the judges won't let that happen. Wouldn't it be great to see Tony get a well-deserved win though??
    I would LOVE to see Tony get a well deserved win. I didn't think going into the season Audrina would be vg so she has been such a pleasant surprise. She's the dark horse of the season and very easy to cheer on. We will all need to vote a lot to get her there. I'm in. lol

I agree that we should just give Jennifer and Derek the mirrorball now (and he'll hold it just high enough ). They are great to watch, though. I think either Audrina or Brandy will make it to the final three along with Jennifer and that the third of the final three slots will be for one of the athletes. And I think Kurt has a better shot to make the final three than Rick because Kurt just retired from football so he may have more of an active fanbase than Rick which should help him even though Kurt seemed to really get robbed by the judges' scores tonight.

So, I think my final three is down to the following possibilities:

1. Jennifer
    2. Audrina or Brandy
    3. Kurt or Rick
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4082151;
    I agree that we should just give Jennifer and Derek the mirrorball now (and he'll hold it just high enough ). They are great to watch, though. I think either Audrina or Brandy will make it to the final three along with Jennifer and that the third of the final three slots will be for one of the athletes. And I think Kurt has a better shot to make the final three than Rick because Kurt just retired from football so he may have more of an active fanbase than Rick which should help him even though Kurt seemed to really get robbed by the judges' scores tonight.

So, I think my final three is down to the following possibilities:

1. Jennifer
    2. Audrina or Brandy
    3. Kurt or Rick
    If they'd give them the stupid mirrorball now at least I'd have my Mondays and Tuesdays back. And then just stress to the spring when we'll probably be having this discussion all over again Of course maybe Mark and/or Julianne will also have the ringers of the season, too. I'm sure the trio all being in the finals will probably happen if Julianne came back, or at least Derek and Julianne. It's obvious that's what's going to happen this season, it's more exciting and debateable who will finish 2nd and 3rd. I'm betting Rick or Kurt makes the finals. Not sure who. I think Kurt's more well known, the better dancer of the two, probably has a bigger fanbase (maybe), and I think Anna's choreographing tougher routines vs what I think are skimpy ones from Chery. But the judges seem to be leaning towards Rick more. Not that it should matter, but Anna just made the finals last season, so the producers may want a somewhat different line up (one pro being the exception). Kyle I feel is getting overscored and more credit than he deserves. I feel like, if they want Jennifer to win, they won't want someone in the finals that could ruin that happening (or at least make it questionable if she did win). I fear we might actually get Mark in the finals, too, but it'll probably be Kyle, Audrina, or Brandy.

If Mark gets Derek on his shoulders as fast he did last season, Jennifer won't even have time to blink. Who knows, Mark and Corky might fight over who gets to have the honor this season.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I loved Jennifer and Derek tonight! Love him or hate him - but that boy can choreograph! I agree that he always gets good partners to start with, but he doesn't always get who would be naturally the best. He just knows how to teach very well and makes them their best. This season, I would have naturally assumed that Brandi would have the most dance experience going in, along with musicality and being in shape. Jennifer Grey is pretty old and her experience was many years ago.

Wow, you put one guy on your shoulders one time, and you're a war criminal for life...

I hope Jen & Derek get the encore. It's the only dance that really deserves one from tonight. Everyone else's was fair to okay to poor. It had nothing to do with favorites or ringers or attitudes. They were the only ones who were able to knock it out of the park. Brandy/Maks and Audrina/Tony and Kurt/Anna had the same opportunity but it didn't happen. Just like Jen & Derek didn't knock it out of the park last week, and Audrina ran out in front of the pack. It comes down to what happens live.

If Jen & Derek don't get the encore, I hope it goes to Florence and her lawn gnome Corky, just so she can have some more fun on the floor.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;4082157;
    I loved Jennifer and Derek tonight! Love him or hate him - but that boy can choreograph! I agree that he always gets good partners to start with, but he doesn't always get who would be naturally the best. He just knows how to teach very well and makes them their best. This season, I would have naturally assumed that Brandi would have the most dance experience going in, along with musicality and being in shape. Jennifer Grey is pretty old and her experience was many years ago.
    I would disagree that Derek made her that good that quick though. I can enjoy his choreography and won't say he isn't a good teacher, but it's hard to say he's the greatest when he's never had to limit himself and dumb down his routines because his partner could barely walk in a straight line correctly. I feel Anna's shown herself to be fantastic with Evan and now Kurt. Any of the pros could do great things and the routines Derek throws together if they got the partners he did. I don't believe it's just dumb luck where he's concerned. The show has to have some idea of who the guaranteed clunkers are, and they could easily assign him those. Derek gets people who obviously have experience, or at least enough to where the judges can completely rave over them. I'd question, the exact same routines and choreography he's done with the same celebs he's had but a different pro if they'd still get the love from the judges. Somehow, I doubt it. If you're a Derek fan, I'm sure it's great he's doing so well again. But it's nothing new for me, and I'd like to see him have a challenge. Someone like Bristol get still get overscored and overpraised with Derek, but it'd be a lot harder to hide her flaws and for them to overlook anything bad she does.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4082161;
    I would disagree that Derek made her that good that quick though. I can enjoy his choreography and won't say he isn't a good teacher, but it's hard to say he's the greatest when he's never had to limit himself and dumb down his routines because his partner could barely walk in a straight line correctly. I feel Anna's shown herself to be fantastic with Evan and now Kurt. Any of the pros could do great things and the routines Derek throws together if they got the partners he did. I don't believe it's just dumb luck where he's concerned. The show has to have some idea of who the guaranteed clunkers are, and they could easily assign him those. Derek gets people who obviously have experience, or at least enough to where the judges can completely rave over them. I'd question, the exact same routines and choreography he's done with the same celebs he's had but a different pro if they'd still get the love from the judges. Somehow, I doubt it. If you're a Derek fan, I'm sure it's great he's doing so well again. But it's nothing new for me, and I'd like to see him have a challenge. Someone like Bristol get still get overscored and overpraised with Derek, but it'd be a lot harder to hide her flaws and for them to overlook anything bad she does.
    She's getting overscored and overpraised now without him. Because she's Bristol, and Sarah is her mom, and they want Sarah to keep sitting in the audience to drum up ratings.

I'm all for Derek getting a Florence or a Margaret or a whatever next season. As long as they have a sense of humor, it'll be fun for a few weeks, and who knows, maybe Derek will just show that he's that good a teacher and that good a choreographer by showcasing their strengths too. As far as I'm concerned, Joanna was no ringer (nor was Li'l Kim), in fact Joanna's scores were all over the place the first half of the season. But he worked with her, and whatever he's doing seems to get through to his partners without a lot of drama.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

I thought Derek and Jennifer deserved the scores they got.
    I thought Audrina did a good dance, but it was on a different level. I wasn't feeling it. She's definitely got potential. I hope she can learn to emote more and feel more natural. Right now, she's just reminding me too much of Brooke. Good technically, but not real exciting to watch.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4082160;
    Wow, you put one guy on your shoulders one time, and you're a war criminal for life...

I hope Jen & Derek get the encore. It's the only dance that really deserves one from tonight. Everyone else's was fair to okay to poor. It had nothing to do with favorites or ringers or attitudes. They were the only ones who were able to knock it out of the park. Brandy/Maks and Audrina/Tony and Kurt/Anna had the same opportunity but it didn't happen. Just like Jen & Derek didn't knock it out of the park last week, and Audrina ran out in front of the pack. It comes down to what happens live.

If Jen & Derek don't get the encore, I hope it goes to Florence and her lawn gnome Corky, just so she can have some more fun on the floor.
    It was twice Of course Corky, Julianne, and Mark rushed the stage on his first win season 7 so maybe it was Corky who did it (I just remember Julianne motioning for someone to hoist Brooke up, too). I wouldn't mind it going to Florence, just because Mike got it last week, and shouldn't have. But for some reason, the producers thought that was worth seeing again. I don't know why, but I wouldn't have cast Mike in the first place. As a whole, I think the dances this season have been pretty tame. I think the themes are ruining them and restricting the couples. I won't say their dance wasn't good. I was bored by it, at least the performance part of it (was that what they got 10s for?) But by that point I was pretty bored of the whole show, and I could barely concentrate on Audrina. A bunch of rumbas, and worse than usual singing and song choices, followed by what felt like endless commercial breaks.

She's getting overscored and overpraised now without him. Because she's Bristol, and Sarah is her mom, and they want Sarah to keep sitting in the audience to drum up ratings.

I'm all for Derek getting a Florence or a Margaret or a whatever next season. As long as they have a sense of humor, it'll be fun for a few weeks, and who knows, maybe Derek will just show that he's that good a teacher and that good a choreographer by showcasing their strengths too. As far as I'm concerned, Joanna was no ringer (nor was Li'l Kim), in fact Joanna's scores were all over the place the first half of the season. But he worked with her, and whatever he's doing seems to get through to his partners without a lot of drama.
    You're probably right, so assuming any of Mike's female JS co-horts dance as badly as he does, I'll use them as an example. I know Derek said, during season 9, he was worried about Joanna, and she was worried because of her Superstars reputation that she wouldn't do very well. Personally, I found her overrated and most of the time overscored/praised. I've said before I don't blame Derek entirely for my dislike of him. That comes from the producers. I know celebs request him, and since he seems untouchable, I probably would, too. If it's a celeb like Jennifer who they've wanted for a long time, they're probably more apt to meet that celebs demands over someone else that's fodder for them. I enjoy his dancing, especially in pro numbers, loved (still do) his work with Jennie Garth, but I feel Derek's held to a different standard than the other pros. The judges can't ever find anything wrong with what he does, and maybe there isn't (I'm not expert, but sometimes I'm left bored and unimpressed), but do they need to go so overboard with the love? Derek's little antics bug me too. That's really his own doing for why I dislike him, mugging for the camera, throwing in gimmick, and the OTT celebrating when he gets 10s. If it were someone like Jonathan, I'd understand Derek's seen it all before. And his partners know when they've struck gold. It just seems like the show considers him the be all that ends all. I get it's a TV show and in the end all about ratings, so the producers probably could care less how many times in a row a pro has won or been eliminated first. Maybe he has gotten lucky, but I think there's been opportunities to really give him a stinker, and they didn't. I would really like to see him get someone like Margaret or Florence, just because I want to see what he can do with them. Not because he deserves a dud, but to see how far he can go and how well he can teach. Of course he'll get a dud and Mark will probably get the second coming of Kristi Yamaguchi meets Nicole Scherzinger. So Derek will be gone but I'll be left with him.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-12-2010 at 02:32 AM.

"She's getting overscored and overpraised now without him. Because she's Bristol, and Sarah is her mom, and they want Sarah to keep sitting in the audience to drum up ratings. "

Bristol definitely didn't get overscored or overpraised tonight. She had the
    second lowest scores, and was criticized by all three judges.

+ Reply to Thread