+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm really surprised by Audrina. Having known her from nothing more than clips on The Soup, I was expecting her to be vacuous and beyond stupid. But she's really working hard, listening to Tony, and doing better than I ever expected. Hated that Derek/Jennifer got the absolute classic tango music, and Tony and Audrina got stuck with music that doesn't truly suit a tango on top of everything else. Too bad Derek has another ringer this year. Tony might have had a shot otherwise.

And yet another shock. Derek and Jennifer are right back at the top of the leader board. It's last season all over again....But the judges can fawn all over Derek and Jennifer all they want. Gilles and Cheryl are still the king and queen of the AT.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Audrina and Kurt got screwed tonight. She finally goes last, is nitpicked with every flaw that she did wrong, got the worst AT song of anyone tonight, but did a fabulous job. She's underrated. Kyle got overscored, as did Mike (that deserved 3s). Jennifer-yawn. Derek needs to lay off the sugar, his OTT celebrating get old. He's seen 10s before, usually is the first to get them every season, and usually gets more than any other couple. Jennifer, she bugs. I don't think it's the surgery that makes her look arrogant, that's just how I find her. She's a lock for the finals, if not the win, so Derek can brag he got his 3peat before anyone. And next season, he'll be back with his ringer all over again. They request him, I know, but can't the show say no?

Acoustic night-why? It was pointless. I don't like the stage being round. Too American Idol, and speaking of which, rock n roll theme night? I still think Florence is going but the show didn't want to make it obvious. Hoping for Mike, though Glad Brandy/Maks had a better video package this week.

Why is anyone singing at all? I thought they said it was acoustic tonight. I thought that meant no singing.
    That's what I was thinking, we'd get 9 dances like Derek/Chelsie's pro paso last season. But I guess the show figures it has to feature it's singers. Sometimes I really think they believe their audience is stupid enough to believe what they tell them.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-11-2010 at 10:08 PM.

FORT Fan

The obvious "show script" has me just about done for the season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4082066;
    Audrina and Kurt got screwed tonight. She finally goes last, is nitpicked with every flaw that she did wrong, got the worst AT song of anyone tonight, but did a fabulous job. She's underrated. Kyle got overscored, as did Mike (that deserved 3s). Jennifer-yawn. Acoustic night-why? It was pointless. I don't like the stage being round. Too American Idol, and speaking of which, rock n roll theme night? I still think Florence is going but the show didn't want to make it obvious. Hoping for Mike, though Glad Brandy/Maks had a better video package this week.
    I was kind of hoping for a Disney theme night (this is ABC, after all), so that Kurt could wear giant Mickey Mouse gloved hands, just to irk Bruno.

Bristol is so boring, no wonder Mark had to take his shirt off....Every dance looks the same with her, she just stands there. As someone above stated, yawn!!!

Audrina and Kurt were both too low. Both will be safe but both should have been higher. There are always some taken more to task than others which is a shame. Good news is these 2 are both hard workers and nice people and will use it to push themselves even more next week.

I really think if Derek had Audrina and Tony had Jennifer the consensus would be the same about him always getting a ringer partner, lol. Or even if he had Brandy. The truth is, Derek is one heck of a great teacher, he could probably do more with Bristol, too but then they would just say that he got her because she would get the mama votes. The guy just can't win without resentment!!! LOL, LOL!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Mark is trying poorly to imitate what the other male pros do on this show. I think his choreography and appeal has gone way down. I saw only a part of their rumba, but it wasn't good. Bristol doesn't have it. Sweet girl, and I wish she had a different partner, because Mark's only good with the Sabrina and Kristi types.

It's more the way the judges and show treat Derek, as if it's all about him, the tongue baths he gets while others get picked apart for the smallest things. It's like watching 3 Paula Abduls that just go crazy over everything he does. He's pulled stunts in dances, and never gotten called out by Len (remember his swinging from a vine during season 9, or starting his jive backstage last season?) And, he's not very humble when he does well. It's always OTT, and the way he and his BFF celebrate when one of them wins Bristol would be a challenge for him at least. If his partner is that good this early, let's hold the finale next week and be done with it. Derek's never finished lower than 6th on this show, and it's the same every season. Good teacher because his partners don't need much practice. They had more experience than the average girl who took dances lessons as a kid or was a pro cheerleader.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-11-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4082063;
    Yay to Tony for taking a shot at Jennifer
    Missed that, I guess . . .

What'd he say, please?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Kurt definitely should have been scored higher compared to the scores Florence and Bristol got.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread