+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Design A Dance, Season 11

Design A Dance, Season 11

Is this a thread? I didn't see one. Just wanted to ask if anyone was voting. We can vote on the pro dancers now. I know that everyone knows how much I LOVE Tony, but I voted for Maks and Anna. Nobody could dance with Anna like Jonathan, but I would love to see her get some recognition from the viewers, and unfortuantely he isn't an option. But I just watched a You Tube video of her and Maks dancing at the finale of I think season 5 and they were absolutely incredible together!

Y'all help me out with this! Anna and Maks for Design A Dance!

Re: Design A Dance, Season 11

From ABC's site:
    Here's how it works:

The Dance
    Voting has closed for choosing the dance.
    You chose the Cha Cha.

The Song
    Voting has closed for choosing the song.
    You chose Billy Joel's "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me"

The Pro Dancers
    You will get to vote for both the male and female pro dancer to perform the Design a Dance, choosing from the entire Season 11 cast of professionals, including eliminated dancers. Voting will be open from Tuesday, October 5th at 6PM PT until Thursday, October 28th at 9AM PT.

The Concept - Submission
    On Tuesday, October 12th, at 6PM PT, the concept design part of the competition is opened. Viewers can submit a writeup of the dance concept, including props, wardrobe, and a description of the dance. The show producers will pick five concepts, basing their judgment on originality, creative use of music and dance style, and suitableness for execution. The online submission deadline is Friday, October 22nd, at midnight PT.

The Concept Vote
    The 5 most achievable concepts, as selected by the show producers, will be posted here online on Tuesday, November 2nd at 6PM PT, and you will be able to vote for your favorite. Voting will be open until Thursday, November 4th at 10PM PT.
    They're going to have to drastically change the beat of that Billy Joel song to make it workable as a Cha Cha Cha. The results of these votes always leave me scratching my head...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

That's probably because most casual viewers just pick the song they like, not what would be best suited for the dance. Of course, TPTB chose the songs to vote from anyhow, so I guess it's their fault.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Derek and Lacey will probably win.

They need to hang this concept up. It's overdone, and after last season's tango with Melissa and Joey, they killed it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4079161;
    Derek and Lacey will probably win.

They need to hang this concept up. It's overdone, and after last season's tango with Melissa and Joey, they killed it.
    And it felt like they only televised about 20 seconds of it....what was the point?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4079167;
    And it felt like they only televised about 20 seconds of it....what was the point?
    I don't even remember Tom bringing up voting until this week. It was like last season, one week we heard 'you picked the tango and this song' (can't remember what KISS song it was, but given the performance, I'd rather forget the whole thing )

I love Tony, so I voted for him. I voted for Anna for the female pro.

I also think Derek will win.

I would have voted for Jonathan and Anna if that had been an option. I ended up voting for Tony and Kym since I love both of them. I was a little tempted to vote for Maks and Karina just to see them have to dance with each other

+ Reply to Thread