+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 9/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I do not watch Jersey Shore, so I have no idea who The Situation is. Is that is real, legal name? And why exactly does he have that name? Is it an inside joke? If he gets married will his wife have to go by "Mrs. The Situation"? or is it a first name and no last name? It's weird. I have no preconceived ideas about him since I've never heard of him, but I think he could be kind-of charming when he drops all the cockiness. And thank you for pointing out those pigeon toes! I was wondering if anyone (including Karina) was every going to mention them- they are pretty bad.

I have no problem with Sarah Palin being in the audience- her daughter is dancing. Not everything is political and I'm sure she would have been just as happy to sit there without a microphone shoved in her face, but there was no way ABC was going to let that ratings nugget pass them by. That's why Bristol was last as well.

A 3? Really? Ok, he was horrible tonight, but Khate and Master P and a few others have been even worse and they've never dusted off that paddle before. I thought poor Chelsie was going to cry. I think the producers want him out so their rating's grabbers can stay. I fail to see how a kid from Alaska with no dance experience who just happens to have a famous mother is a rating's grabber. She's just another (almost) no name to me.

Hate Blonde Lacey, but she actually looked pretty elegant tonight with it all pinned up. Go back to being a brunette! The blonde doesn't work for you!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I can't really say Brandy or Jennifer stack up, dance wise, to Mya or Nicole's dance experience. Brandy's jive was somewhat worse than I expected, but of all the jives tonight, one of the better ones (and actually one of the better dances overall). Kind of disappointing night, and Derek may win this season by accident instead of on purpose. I like the unprecitable nature, but in the end, Michael, Margaret, Florence, Bristol, and Michael will probably be going next. Maybe a surprise ousting of Audrina, because she got screwed 2 weeks in a row, score wise, and I don't think the show values her. Rick, Kurt, Brandy, Jennifer, and Kyle will be batteling in the final 5. If Derek gets a 3rd trophy, the other pros should stay home next season. Mark will get his.

Rick and Kyle were my biggest surprises of the night. I'm not surprised CA is going to be Kyle's biggest cheerleader, even if he came out and did the wrong dance style completely. I don't think she likes being criticized by the audience or not having people agree with her. Lacey's always struck me as being more her style in terms of dance and attitude. Lacey bugs me to no end, but this was one routine where it wasn't all about her. Rick, I didn't expect such a good jive from him, but am not crazy about Cheryl. 21 was right, I guess, by how everyone else stacked up. I'm really anxious to see how well he does and whether he fizzles out at some point in the later weeks.

Margaret, Florence, and Mike-they were bad. Florence wants to cut the comedy and show how she can dance, then she needs to mean it. Corky really does his partners no favors by the routines he comes up with. I don't think she's great, or will improve, and I think we have yet to see the worst Corky can do. I feel for Florence, she's got no chance, but am glad she has this opportunity that she's wanted. Margaret I don't like, and can't say her dancing was anything spectacular or even that good. She has nerves, but rolled my eyes when she gave the judges the 'you have no idea how much I want this' spiel. Maybe she'll improve. I love Louis, and I'll be curious if he can pull more out of her in the coming weeks. Mike is just horrible.

Bristol-the judges are so full of it when they talk to her and it shows. An 8 was being far too nice. Mark needs to be banned from making costumes. Michael-poor Chelsie. Nothing was as bad as Kate, and if she got a 5 for worse than doing nothing jive last season, Michael deserved at least that. Chelsie deserves a sure fire win next season. Talk about paying their dues. I find something really smug and fake about Jennifer. Maybe it's the Derek factor, but I can't give him any credit when he's got someone willing and able to do it. If he manages a win again, he really needs to sit himself out next season, because it's obvious he'll never get a dud.

Kurt and Audrina got screwed in the scores again. Kurt's got potential and am really hoping he can take the mirrorball if Brandy doesn't. She needs to kill the attitude. Arguing with Maks will get her nowhere. I'm also over her being excited and the little act she puts on. Still rooting for them, though
    Last edited by karalott; 09-27-2010 at 11:49 PM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4071247;

The funniest part of that is that everybody actually is duped into thinking Sarah Palin said that when she absolutely never did. It was Tina Fey who actually said that in a skit on SNL.

So who's the next Bachelor?!?!?!?

West coast here. I sorta like Audrina and Tony's dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad4TV;4071334;
    So who's the next Bachelor?!?!?!?
    It's been in the Bachelor forum for a few days.

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...-15-named.html

Oh, okay, thanks! I didn't see the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix1;4071317;
    OK, I'm sitting here confused. Isn't Jennifer Grey practically a professional dancer-- or used to be? Am I wrong about this? I know she's not a spring chicken, but she's not THAT old and look how toned she is! Plus she has all the dance moves and attitude or whatever you call it. Is she not a 'ringer'-- like we call the ones who are meant to win? Was I the only one going''Ringer!" to my tv and rolling my eyes at all the huffing and puffing and collapsing on the floor she did? Margeret Cho is about the same age and while winded, didn't act like that-- and she's certainly not in the same great shape. Is Jennifer Grey not this year's 'Ringer'?
    Jennifer Grey studied acting and dance in high school, like many performers (including Brandy), but not ballroom. She was in Dirty Dancing in 1987, almost a quarter-century ago, and pretty much learned everything on the job from Patrick Swayze, and hasn't done much dancing of any kind since. I wouldn't call her a ringer simply because she already knew how to point her foot.

By comparison, Florence Henderson has spent a lifetime doing musical theater, but nobody seems to call her a ringer even though she probably has the most experience of any of the stars when it comes to musical performance.

For me, I'm happy that the cast seems to be so free of outright 'ringers' for once.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-28-2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: edited for accuracy
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Thanks for clearing that up, MF. I'd heard somewhere she had been doing broadway and was a dancer like her dad. That's why when I came on here tonight to see most everyone singing her praises I was confused! I honestly thought she was another ringer-- which I detest. I'll quit rolling my eyes at her now.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4071342;
    Jennifer Grey studied acting and dance in high school, like many performers (including Brandy), but not ballroom. She was in Dirty Dancing in 1987, almost a quarter-century ago, and pretty much learned everything on the job from Patrick Swayze, and hasn't done much dancing of any kind since. I wouldn't call her a ringer simply because she already knew how to point her foot.

By comparison, Florence Henderson has spent a lifetime doing musical theater, but nobody seems to call her a ringer even though she probably has the most experience of any of the stars when it comes to musical performance. Her pedigree was even passed down to her daughter, Broadway star Christine Ebersole of 42nd Street and Grey Gardens.

For me, I'm happy that the cast seems to be so free of outright 'ringers' for once.

Christine Ebersole is Flo's daughter? Wow--did not know. I first saw Christine as Wolfie's illicit amour in Amadeus. Learning something new every day.

+ Reply to Thread