+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 9/21 Recap/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/21 Recap/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4066550;
    I had the same thoughts. I felt sorry and a little embarassed for him during his dance. He is a good man. I have never seen him say anything unkind about anyone. Confidence and self love are traits we should all possess and David seems to have both.

Having said that, his personality grates on me and I think many agree. Not sure he sees this. He rides on the love he gets from Germany and that is just fine. Good for him. And good for us that he is off the show
    I am another who was not sorry to see the Hoff go (was surprised though, guess this really ain't Germany). I suspected this competition might have been too strenuous for him physically, and feared that he would be camping it up a little too much to compensate, and embarrassing himself in the process. I think that routine only works for George Hamilton.

And in fairness, I think he, along with Florence, are probably the only two who most likely are not capable of much improvement. As annoying as the Situation may be, I'd actually like to see what he can do with a full week of practice before he gets booted off.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4066668;
    John O'Hurley - when he won the first season - was also a year or two past 50..
    Did he win? My memory is getting bad--I'm about to turn 50 in 2 weeks
    But seriously, didn't Kelly Monaco win that year, although John did last a long time?

I do know one thing--at least there is no Evander or anyone like that to just be embarrassed for this year, and I'm glad of that.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4067233;
    Did he win? My memory is getting bad--I'm about to turn 50 in 2 weeks
    But seriously, didn't Kelly Monaco win that year, although John did last a long time?

I do know one thing--at least there is no Evander or anyone like that to just be embarrassed for this year, and I'm glad of that.
    Technically Kelly won and John was runner-up, but America wasn't happy with that result, so they had some kind of rematch special after the season was over, or something. I wasn't a viewer back then so I don't recall the details.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4067237;
    Technically Kelly won and John was runner-up, but America wasn't happy with that result, so they had some kind of rematch special after the season was over, or something. I wasn't a viewer back then so I don't recall the details.
    Yes, you are correct. They had a re-match and John won the re-match. At the time, during the season, I was with "America" and thought that he should have won, but when they did the re-match, I did think that Kelly should have won. John was very charming and I must have been under his spell during the season...guess it was broken by the time of the re-match.

Posted this in the Karina thread but thought it was worth sharing here:

The Situation was so proud that he jumped off the stage like "Superman"...

Sorry to disappoint him but that has been done...and done better by women!

He needs to check out Erin Andrews jump off the stage last year AND I can't remember which season it was (maybe when Max & Karina were a couple) but I remember a pro dance when Karina came flying off that stage into Tonys arms who then tossed her to Max!

Both way more impressive that his little leap!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Eris1959;4067266;
    Posted this in the Karina thread but thought it was worth sharing here:

The Situation was so proud that he jumped off the stage like "Superman"...

Sorry to disappoint him but that has been done...and done better by women!

He needs to check out Erin Andrews jump off the stage last year AND I can't remember which season it was (maybe when Max & Karina were a couple) but I remember a pro dance when Karina came flying off that stage into Tonys arms who then tossed her to Max!

Both way more impressive that his little leap!

Didn't Louie Vito also do some sort of corkscrew style jump off the stage? Or am I just imagining that? If I'm not, I guarantee that was more impressive than Mike's jump as well. And yeah, someone should show him Erin leaping off that stage and landing on Maks' shoulders. That took a lot more guts and talent than what he did.

Even Brooke Burke did a flying leap off the judges table (which is higher than the stage) into Derek's arms during their freestyle. The Situation needs to check his ego at the curb.
    Last edited by DancingDad; 09-23-2010 at 03:00 PM.

It sounded to me like he was just proud of the fact that he made the jump.... after 5 days of rehearsal I might add. It doesn't sound like he thought his jump was better than anyone else. Just my opinion.

I agree. He really didn't seem to be tooting his horn that much - just thrilled at what he was able to do.
    I didn't really mind his dancing or his personality on the stage.
    I just think he's going to have to improve and rehearse, rehearse, rehearse if he wants a chance at that mirrorball!
    Last edited by norealityhere; 09-23-2010 at 05:10 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112