+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 9/21 Recap/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/21 Recap/Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;4066535;
    I am totally fine with David being voted off...... I did think he conducted himself well and was very gracious. His daughters looked very pretty and seemed very proud of their father. Although, all I could think of was that video his daughter shot of him drunk out of his mind, eating Wendy's on the floor...very, very sad!
    I had the same thoughts. I felt sorry and a little embarassed for him during his dance. He is a good man. I have never seen him say anything unkind about anyone. Confidence and self love are traits we should all possess and David seems to have both.

Having said that, his personality grates on me and I think many agree. Not sure he sees this. He rides on the love he gets from Germany and that is just fine. Good for him. And good for us that he is off the show

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;4066520;
    Mine too ButterflyFaery. I love Michael Bolten's voice too. He is very talented artist His operatic voice is spine chilling.
    I was pleasantly surprised by Michael Bolton. Back in his heyday, I thought he was a tad egotistical, for sporting that ridiculous hair, if nothing else. I confess that I owned a CD of his though, and he was kind of my guilty pleasure. For as much as he's been lampooned, the man has pipes. Newly-crowned AGT winner Michael Grimm is a ringer for MB's sound. The fact that he won points to some residual fondness for MB, perhaps.

But I was impressed to find the older MB so gracious and self-deprecating and a little shy. Didn't know if he'd be good or bad . . . at the start I figured it could go either way . . .didn't think he'd end up doing better than the Hoff. David has done so much musical theatre I thought he's be able to move better. But I think MB has some potential to blossom under Chelsie's tutalage just like Jake Pavelka did last season . . I am rooting for MB to place at least in the top half. I think he'll be pleased just to go another round, but I'm hoping that he blows everyone away. I'd like to dance with him! I think he's better-looking now than when he was charting and still very fit. Some strong men this season, though, so he will need every vote to advance. Hope he does.

FORT Fogey

His daughters looked very pretty and seemed very proud of their father. Although, all I could think of was that video his daughter shot of him drunk out of his mind, eating Wendy's on the floor...very, very sad!
    ME too!

I am totally fine with David being voted off, actually, more than fine because I find his ego to be over inflated. However, I did think he conducted himself well and was very gracious. His daughters looked very pretty and seemed very proud of their father. Although, all I could think of was that video his daughter shot of him drunk out of his mind, eating Wendy's on the floor...very, very sad!
    Funny thing -- I hadn't thought about all that so far, until David & Kym appeared on Jimmy Kimmel last night after he was eliminated. Jimmy showed a quick clip of that video during his monologue. But later when they came out for the interview, David was a good sport and it wasn't mentioned again.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Florence may have a huge fan base from the Brady bunch that could keep her in for many more weeks. I didn't watch that show and find her annoying. I really thought she was the one going after Tom made the statement that even the producers were shocked at the outcome. I thought David was the obvious contender for the boot and no big surprise.

I don't watch the Jersey shore so not a fan of The Situation. I suspect he will stay in for many weeks given the hub bub this show has created. For the first time I loved Carrie Ann's critique! "I think we have had enough of"......gestures with arms imitating his gesture.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Although, all I could think of was that video his daughter shot of him drunk out of his mind, eating Wendy's on the floor...very, very sad!
    Come on, that shouldn't enter into his dancing on DWTS. There have been other contenders with "pasts", who slid thru without notoriety. OK, so some have, but still think this should be judged on what it is....dancing. I don't notice others bringing it up, except Jimmy Kimmel. I think the Hof has a good attitude and personality. I'd rather have seen him stay on over a couple others.

I wasn't surprised to see David go; Micheal Bolton, Jennifer Gray and David were all most popular during the 80's, so I'm not surprised that onne of them went, although I thought it should have been Michael. And, obviously the judges aren't going to let Jennifer go anywhere right now - I thought she was way overscored.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eris1959;4066399;
    "I think Michael Bolton and Florence Henderson might be the next to go. In earlier editions of this show the older contestants seemed to get more votes than they have the past couple of seasons. I feel like they should have a DWTS senior edition for them, or something similar, because it really isn't possible to compete with 20somethings and 30somethings when you're well past 50, I think."

I think that Donny Osmond and his Mirror Ball Trophy would beg to differ...just saying.
    Donny Osmond isn't well past 50, Eris, which is why I made that distinction. John O'Hurley - when he won the first season - was also a year or two past 50. Around the mid-50s, though, the aging process really tends to accelerate. There's nothing wrong with it. It happens to everyone. But the fact remains that it's just pretty darn difficult for someone well past 50 to compete in any physical activity with people decades younger. In more strenuous professional sports, that disparity kicks in closer to 40. And I think it might be cool to have a past-55 edition of DWTS. There's a senior golf tour and tennis tour, so why not DWTS? It might be more dignified than the predictability of the older contestants almost always being voted off in the early rounds.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I was sorry to see David go.
    I've never been a big fan, but I do think he deserved to stay more than some of those remaining.
    Loved the Santana / India Arie pairing. And, it was great to see Daughtry again.

Can anyone tell me what Karina did to her face? She looks very different.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4066642;
    Funny thing -- I hadn't thought about all that so far, until David & Kym appeared on Jimmy Kimmel last night after he was eliminated. Jimmy showed a quick clip of that video during his monologue. But later when they came out for the interview, David was a good sport and it wasn't mentioned again.
    Jimmy showed the drunk video of David??? Wow! I don't think that highly of David, but showing that video seems like a low blow to me. It actually surprises me that Jimmy did that. If it was when David was in his twenties or something, than that wouldn't be so bad. But, him being the age that he was and the fact that his daughter was taping it to try to get through to him...I don't know...seems below the belt to me.

+ Reply to Thread