+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: 9/20 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/20 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4065990;
    I don't see that as a lift, I see it as preparation for the slide to the floor. And maybe C-A just didn't see it, or didn't consider it a lift herself.

But I don't see a conspiracy afoot.

whether it was a preparation for a slide to the floor or not, Carrie Ann would have more than likely called out any other couple for it. Did she not point out that Audrina better watch jumping into her moves because if her feet came off the floor CA might call it a lift? That "you know me"? I said I personally didn't see it as a lift, but that CA would have. And I believe I am right. Don't think it's a "conspiracy" persay, just her ignoring something she wouldn't have otherwise ignored. That is blatantly unfair and biased in my opion.

And if she didn't notice it during the live show, there is no way she, the "lift police" could have missed it watching it back if I saw it. I never notice that kind of thing.

After my second surgery last night, It was a wee bit difficult to see, but I managed.
    I liked Brandy and Jennifer the best.
    I liked Rick's form and presence, but the height difference is just too off putting for me. Someone upthread said it looked like a girl dancing with her father and I have to agree. Also, I much prefer Rick with the facial hair. He's still a better than average looking man, of course, but the hair made his mouth look less dominant than it now does.
    Still, I think he would have benefitted greatly from a taller partner. Cheyl appears to be straining to reach him and it doesn't look as graceful and fluid as it should.
    I was turned off by Margaret's dance. She has potential, but that outfit combined with the cape made her look like she was caught trying to escape the clutches of some bad Kabuki troupe.
    And, while I like that all her tats were covered, the backstage rehearsal package was just too much for me.
    Can someone please teach Brooke Burke to pronounce Anna Trebunshaya's name??!! It's really not that difficult, Ms. Burke. You could see Anna rolling her eyes when Brooke, once again, slaughtered it.
    Audrina did better than I thought she would. Good for her. I agree she was underscored, probably by going first.
    I do think, however, she was a very naturally looking pretty girl to begin with. She's now, however, one step away from Heidi Montag on the plastic surgery scale. And, in the case of Audrina, why put those huge oversized balloon implants when you have a tiny and terrific size "0" body. Just makes them look like overstuffed water ballooons. Not pretty and not at all sexy; just totally incongruous on such a small frame.

As far as thinking that it was Jennifer's idea to capitalize on the memory of Patrick Swayze in that backstage rehearsal piece? I'm certain it was not her ide'ajust like it wasn't Bristol's idea to apply the nametag 'teen activist." That latter moniker just about had Tom B. ready to roll his eyes any minute.

Why were the judges, by the way, so kind to Bristol in their remarks? I realize she's not been a regular performer like most, but her routine was just about one step removed from Kate's and Kenny Mayne's; both of whom were ripped to pieces by the judges.

I'm not a fan of Lacey's and I did think the pairing with Kyle was probably a good one, as they are both edgy characters. However, who told Lacey to do the blonde hair and pack on the pounds? Not flattering for a professional dancer, IMO.

I miss Edyta this season.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Not a fan of the Hoff, past or present. He may be current favorite in Germany, but this is not Germany. His dancing was not good. His singing and performing in Germany he can get away with open shirts and shaking of the shoulders, but this does not translate to dancing. Hoping he goes tonight. JMHO

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4065994;
    whether it was a preparation for a slide to the floor or not, Carrie Ann would have more than likely called out any other couple for it. Did she not point out that Audrina better watch jumping into her moves because if her feet came off the floor CA might call it a lift? That "you know me"? I said I personally didn't see it as a lift, but that CA would have. And I believe I am right. Don't think it's a "conspiracy" persay, just her ignoring something she wouldn't have otherwise ignored. That is blatantly unfair and biased in my opion.

And if she didn't notice it during the live show, there is no way she, the "lift police" could have missed it watching it back if I saw it. I never notice that kind of thing.
    Hmmmm, maybe someone should Tweet that picture to CA? Sort of as a "we're watching you Carrie Ann" so she knows her bias is showing. Not that she cares. Season is already predetermined IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4065997;

I'm not a fan of Lacey's and I did think the pairing with Kyle was probably a good one, as they are both edgy characters. However, who told Lacey to do the blonde hair and pack on the pounds? Not flattering for a professional dancer, IMO.

I miss Edyta this season.
    Lacey "packed on the pounds" a few seasons ago, and I for one LOVE her as a blonde. I believe that she was a "redhead" last go around...as for her pundage..I do beleive she addressed that issue when she first came to this show as a "pro". I thought I read that she is comfortable with who she is (in this size) that when she was younger ( hence on SYTYCD)....she was not eating right and pretty much starving herself for the sake of "Looking" like a dancer...I say..BRAVO LACEY..I still love her and her spunk...

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;4066088;
    Lacey "packed on the pounds" a few seasons ago, and I for one LOVE her as a blonde. I believe that she was a "redhead" last go around...as for her pundage..I do beleive she addressed that issue when she first came to this show as a "pro". I thought I read that she is comfortable with who she is (in this size) that when she was younger ( hence on SYTYCD)....she was not eating right and pretty much starving herself for the sake of "Looking" like a dancer...I say..BRAVO LACEY..I still love her and her spunk...
    Well said Fan*Addict, well said! Couldn't agree more, Lacey happens to be one of my favorites and I think she looks great!
    Everything works out in the end, if it hasn't worked out...it isn't the end!

+ Reply to Thread