+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 9/20 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/20 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;4065806;
    Well, maybe your mom singlehandedly did enough to rescue MB from elimination. Hope so! I feel bad for whoever has to go home first, but I'd like to see him have a run.

haha doubt it!

Favorites of night to me was:

Kyle - that kid can dance best one of the night in my book.
    Rick & Cheryl - I just love Cheryl....she can just bring the best out of any dancer. Not to mention that Rick is definately a Fox. I thought he was going to be terrible but he wowed me. Such clean lines and plus he was keeping up Cheryl, so it flowed.

Just Okay Perfomer:

Brandy and Max - she needs to put a little bit more humps and stop trying to rush the steps.
    Jennifer and Derek - It was just okay, and she did her feet came off the ground and Carrie Ann didn't say anything.
    The Other Tall Althelete - I thought he was good.

Just Plain Bad
    Everybody that wasn't mentioned above.

I know the band picks the songs, but come on now "California Girls...seriously???

I'm late to the party (only because I chose to watch the Saints game last night!)..but anywho...my pre-show favorite did not disappoint me! I thought Kyle did a decent job and I'm excited for him. I don't hold it against people if their partners are arrogant, so I'm not gonna not like him just because I don't care for Lacey! I'm looking forward to more performances from him! He is my little Emmitt 2.0

And I thought Jennifer did well as well, much as I don't like Derrick and hate that he always gets good partners, but meh, he is super talented and if anything, I should probably hate the producers for doing that, not him!

As for the rest, minus Bristol, the Situation, and a few others...this could really be a decent season! Who would've thunk it!?
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4065737;
    I would be interested in the process of assigning stars to their partners. It is a head scratcher.
    I've heard various things. Height is often the big thing, although one look at Rick/Cheryl and that theory kind of goes out the window. I think personalities of the pro/celeb (any potential for a showmance, drama, someone really immature and full of themselves that needs someone to keep them on their toes, or just people who have very similar backgrounds and personalities). Celebs can request who they want as a pro, too, although I'm not sure how that works out. I know in the past Nicole and Brooke requested Derek; Erin, Debi, and Denise requested Maks; Kelly O. was originally paired with Mark and asked for someone different to keep her better focused. Tom Delay asked for Cheryl. So I think a number of different factors come into play. I wouldn't be surprised if the show looks at what pros are more popular/ratings worthy, which might explain why Jonathan always gets kicked out first and Derek sticks around to the end.

And Tom B. tweeted about tonight's elimination (I'll put in spoilers tags just in case):
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he said the person going was expected to draw ratings, so the show is surprised by their elimination. Could be Tom pulling our leg, but I guess that means Michael Bolton is safe if it's true.

Last night's premiere saw an increase in the teen viewership the show has been trying to corner. Overall the show averaged about 22 million viewers, up from last fall's premiere, but down from the springs. Premiere's tend to do well, so it'll be interesting if the trend continues.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4065947;

And Tom B. tweeted about tonight's elimination (I'll put in spoilers tags just in case):
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he said the person going was expected to draw ratings, so the show is surprised by their elimination. Could be Tom pulling our leg, but I guess that means Michael Bolton is safe if it's true.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Possible ratings draw would have to be The Hoff, The Situation, or Bristol,
    I'm thinking, as they, particularly the latter two, have the crazy media storm around them.
    Last edited by veg_out; 09-21-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4065850;
    I knew I caught this last night, but I went home at lunch today and re-watched Jennifer and Derek's dance to make sure...at the very end, their last move, her toes very very obviously come off the floor. Not a lift, but what Carrie Ann would call a lift were it just about any other couple. But did she call them out or dock them a point? Of course not, because it's Jennifer and Derek.

See for yourselves:

YouTube - Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough Dancing with the stars Viennese Waltz

It happens at about the 1:16 mark

Total lift: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

What I meant is I didn't think it was considered a "lift" by professional dancing standards-but I could be completely wrong. Love that picture. Proves it right there. If anyone wants to say Jennifer and Derek are not getting an edge from the judges, there ya go. They are.

Wow, didn't realize it had came off totally..guess I didn't pay close enough attention! Yeah, foot is definitely off the floor!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I don't see that as a lift, I see it as preparation for the slide to the floor. And maybe C-A just didn't see it, or didn't consider it a lift herself.

But I don't see a conspiracy afoot.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

This is quite possibly the goofiest show on all of television. But I can't help but think how much fun it would be.

+ Reply to Thread