+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 9/20 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/20 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I wondered if it was intentional when Bruno told Bristol he knows that dancing is "virgin territory" for her.

I agree with others that the height difference between Cheryl and Rick was distracting. Why didn't they pair him with tall Anna Demidova (I think that's her last name), and give Cheryl to someone else?

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Urrrrgh. What? Does Louis have a requirement in his contract that he takes uncontendable comedienes with jiggly bits??

Is it because he isn't eye candy like Maks, Tony or Derek that he can't get a babe as his partner for a minute? I guess the producers know those boys are a huge draw for audience based on their popularity with various age groups... Louis's never going to catch a break. I think he proved his season with Kelly Osbourne that he is a GREAT teacher, but I don't think that means he shouldn't get a girl with huge potential AND some... how to say it... naturally fine lines.

I think if M. Cho has any potential, Louis will get draw it out... I hope they stick around for awhile just for that reason!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4065501;
    So who goes? It is impossible to know given fans vote for many reasons other than ability. For me, Bristol, David and The Situation (loved Carries comment) can go as soon as possible.

Both Margaret and Florence are going for laughs. Florence comparing herself to Cloris was not a good sign.

Too bad for Jennifer if people are not voting because of not liking Derek.

I didn't think Audrina did all that well and not sure how many fans she has. I don't think The Hills has a huge following from where I sit.
    I'm thinking Michael's gone. He just seemed the least memorable last night, and everyone else seemed to have fanfare and probably a decent fanbase in comparision. Maybe I underestimate how many Michael Bolton fans there are, and I guess the age bracket DWTS is known for getting might be more Michael and less Jersey Mike. I'll miss Chelsie if they go My other guess would be Margaret/Louis. I won't mind if they go, but what a way to leave after that performance. I'm hoping it's Mike but I know I'm not that lucky. Kind of a tough call, everyone but Michael Bolton has their place and schtick.

FORT Fogey

I would be interested in the process of assigning stars to their partners. It is a head scratcher.

Okay, can someone please tell me what that doofus Mike from Jersey Shore said to Len when he was being critiqued by Len? I agree with everyone else who said that he should be the first to go but will probably be around for a while.

And WOW, the scoring was all over the place last night. I know that Len, Bruno and CA have had no problem giving out 4's in the past, and there were a few last night that did not even deserve a 5 from the judges. I was also surprised at the 8's that were given out since it is so early in the process.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Does anyone know how they decide the pairings?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4065734;
    I'm thinking Michael's gone. He just seemed the least memorable last night, and everyone else seemed to have fanfare and probably a decent fanbase in comparision. Maybe I underestimate how many Michael Bolton fans there are, and I guess the age bracket DWTS is known for getting might be more Michael and less Jersey Mike. I'll miss Chelsie if they go My other guess would be Margaret/Louis. I won't mind if they go, but what a way to leave after that performance. I'm hoping it's Mike but I know I'm not that lucky. Kind of a tough call, everyone but Michael Bolton has their place and schtick.
    Michael Bolton has a place with me! I am in my early 40s, which put me firmly in the MB fan base when he was charting. Even with that ridiculous hair he used to have, I still bought a CD or two because I liked his sound.

(New America's Got Talent winner Michael Grimm is a vocal ringer for his namesake. Wonder if MB has noticed and called the kid. Really, it's startling.)

I may be surprised at the voting, but right now I am willing to wager that more women in MY age group are watching DWTS than are 'women' in the Situation's age bracket. 23-year-old girls aren't watching this show--they are out at the clubs or maybe studying for finals. I don't think there's going to be as much crossover to DWTS from the Jersey Shore audience as producers are thinking. 'Cause face it, ballroom is kind of square, even when the Sitch is on the floor. FloHen's people down to about 30 are the primary viewership for this show.

Michael may be the Jake Pavelka of this season--a nice-looking blond who has a big smile but otherwise fairly deficient in a memorable personality on the floor. Jake turned out to be surprisingly decent at the dancing, but he also had a fan base from a hot show just wrapped. MB does not have that advantage. Still, I hope he can get as far as Jake did in the rounds.

Of all the men on the floor, I'd most like to dance with MB--hope my peers who feel the same vote him through. He still looks great for 57, are you kidding me?! He has the potential to get much better, because I think he's taking this seriously. Margaret Cho and the Situation are not going to improve. To keep them around as bizarre color in favor of better dancers would be a travesty. I know this show is about 'entertainment' too . . . I derive great entertainment from seeing a performance get better and better each week. Little entertaiment value from a hideous gold-lame costume malfunction. That is spectacle/train wreck. Not the same thing!
    Last edited by hikari; 09-21-2010 at 01:12 PM.

Lol my mom is 51 and she is a HUGE MB fan. She used all her votes for him last night. She was hilarious..."who is The...what was that stupid name?"

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4065804;
    Lol my mom is 51 and she is a HUGE MB fan. She used all her votes for him last night. She was hilarious..."who is The...what was that stupid name?"
    Well, maybe your mom singlehandedly did enough to rescue MB from elimination. Hope so! I feel bad for whoever has to go home first, but I'd like to see him have a run.

I knew I caught this last night, but I went home at lunch today and re-watched Jennifer and Derek's dance to make sure...at the very end, their last move, her toes very very obviously come off the floor. Not a lift, but what Carrie Ann would call a lift were it just about any other couple. But did she call them out or dock them a point? Of course not, because it's Jennifer and Derek.

See for yourselves:

YouTube - Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough Dancing with the stars Viennese Waltz

It happens at about the 1:16 mark
    Last edited by RyMac; 09-21-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: to give time of "lift"

+ Reply to Thread