+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 9/20 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/20 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Haven't had time to read the entire thread so perhaps someone already said this. Cho's dance was so preposterous (as was that gown with hideous cape-prop) that I can't help but suspect that Louis came up with it in order to free himself sooner rather than later. He had to know the judges would hate it.

FORT Fan

Kurt/Anna - I'm a bit worried. I called in votes for them on my cell and land line. I never got a busy signal. That doesn't bode well.

Audrina/Tony - I used all my online and text votes for these two, who I agree got very screwed by going first, which allowed the judges to WAY over score lesser dancers.

Margaret/Louis - what the heck WAS that? LOL

Bristol/Mark - did way better than I expected. Good for her. Mark's facial expressions were very distracting and annoying however.

Jennifer/Derek - BOOHOOHOOOO!!!! Told you so. Crying sounded fake to me.

Lacey/Kyle - Lacey annoyed me the moment I saw her preening on the stairs.

Flo/Corky - Love her, can't stand him (see facial expression complaint up above). I have to say I almost hope she goes first, as I don't think she has potential to go far, and it would save someone more deserving but perhaps in a precarious position for another week.

Hoff/Kym - thought he would be a bit better.

Michael/Chelsie - Chelsie is now on my list of deserving a potential winner next season as Tony has been for awhile.

Rick/Cheryl - I don't care for them.

Mike/Karina - didn't live up to the hype. If he stays though, he might improve. He seems to have some sort of "moves" and she is a good teacher. But - will his ego let him listen to her?

Brandy/Maks - they did very well. Underscored compared to some others. Just didn't feel that "spark". Maybe it's because I don't really want to see him dancing with anyone but Erin?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4065194;
    I refuse to call that idiot "The Situation". For the rest of the season I will refer to him as "The Jersey Jerk".
    Maybe I'm in a bad mood, the who the hell names a kid "The"? I don't watch the show and had never heard of him. It's annoying. Yes, I know that's not his real name, but I was joking about it with hubby tonight, haha!

Audrina should lay off the plastic surgery. Too young for all that surgery, doesn't look like her Hills days at all. Couldn't focus on her dancing was too busy trying to figure out what surgeries she's had.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery
    no he wasn't but the man can still crumble his cookies in my bed ANYTIME
    Quote Originally Posted by law638
    but you wouldn't want him to eat a cheeseburger there.
    LMAO! That was the funniest exchange I've seen today! And now my monitor has rum & coke all over it.

Anywhoo that was a very entertaining season opener. I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised.

Audrina/Tony Never have I watched her show and thought she would be a typical "famous for no good reason" probably no real personality. But she surprised me. I thought she did very well, with a lot of potential and could go far.

Kurt/Anna Don't watch football either but usually end up rooting for them as they typically dance well and their personalities are usually quite charismatic. Kurt didn't disappoint, I enjoyed their dance and look forward to more of him.

Kyle/Lacey Never heard of this kid. Hated Lacey's blonde hair. Go back to brunette, it looks so much better. As for the dance--meh. I guess for a kid he did alright.

Rick/Cheryl Whew! That man is FINE! Also enjoyed their dance, but the height difference was a little distracting.

Margaret/Louis Missed their dance.

Brandy/Maks From what I saw (I was focused on Maks' butt most of the time) she was okay but for some reason I don't like her. Bet she will get pretty far though.

Bristol/Mark Just what was that? She was definitely overscored, especially for all the times she was standing perfectly still. Take your money and run and bless us with your prescence at the finale OK? Ugh.

Florence/Corky Oh say it isn't so mama Brady....was the flashing really necessary? good lord. Hope she doesn't go the way of Cloris because she can move a bit--especially at her age. Just dance, leave out the bawdy behaviour.

Michael/Chelsie Awww I used to love his music and that voice....a long,long time ago. He's aged very well and is much better looking with short hair. His dancing wasn't that bad and Chelsie is a great teacher. Along with his fans he could be there for a few more weeks, I hope so. I'd really like to see what he can do with a different dance. Latin could be difficult for him but maybe he will improve with the ballroom dances.

The situation/Karina It made me gag just typing his name. Can't stand either of them and hope they go home tomorrow. Dude is so pigeon toed he'll never do good at this type of dancing.

Jennifer/Derek Damn you DWTS for making me cry. Even if Jennifer and Patrick had not been close these last few years, that had to be tough. To have to re-visit that time in your life spending all your time with him, dancing with him and then WHAM that sudden realization that he really is gone. So sad. On a happier note that dance was very beautiful and I hope she makes it really far, maybe even win. I like Derek and love his choreography so I'm a happy camper.

TheHoff/Kym Hmm. That was odd. His outfit also reminded me of Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing, when he performed the last dance of the season. But that only lasted a few seconds. I thought the Hoff would dance a lot better than that, not sure why but that performance was awful. Was he sober or drunk I wonder? If sober maybe some alcohol would loosen him up a bit. lol Just kidding--leave that to Macy Gray, the reigning drunken dancing fool.

My faves based on tonight (subject to change)

Jennifer/Derek
    Audrina/Tony
    Kurt/Anna
    Rick/Cheryl
    Michael/Chelsie
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

I'm torn, because I thought Jennifer did a good job, but I can't stand the idea of Derek possibly becoming the show's first three time winner. If that happens, could they come up with some kind of three-times-and-you're-out rule, just for him? The Dirty Dancing references bothered me principally because they were blindsiding Jennifer with it. I don't think she knew about the song choice ahead of time, given her reaction, and I think the tears were probably a combination of what she said and perhaps her own recent battle with cancer, which she won after Patrick lost his. I hated that the cameras kept following her for "dramatic" effect. Geez, let the woman have her tears in peace. It's awkward and embarrassing when you suddenly break down like that because of a song or a moment that makes you remember someone who's passed. Even if they weren't best friends, Patrick and Jennifer were linked inextricably by that film, and I'd like to think that at some point, when they were older and wiser, they came to terms with that and each other. I felt sorry for both Margaret Cho and Bristol Palin. Margaret looked so scared facing those judges. I don't think the choreographic choices for her were right and that they fell back on humor because of her nerves. I don't think she should go far, but I'd like to see her make it to next week and do something where she doesn't fall back on humor, just to prove to herself that she can do it. I think Bristol's nervousness about the sexy moves in rehearsal probably has a lot to do with her age--a lot of young people are self-conscious about how people view them, and her mother's career stuck her in the public eye when she was likely feeling even more self-conscious as a pregnant teen. That being said, I don't especially want to watch her for long either. However, if the Situation went before either of them, I'd be more than fine with that. If he happens to stick around, since so many people don't like calling him the Situation (I agree--it's a stupid nickname) and his partner is Karina, perhaps the pair of them could be the Sitch and the Bitch. Loved Len telling him that he might have the guns, but he didn't have the ammunition. I did appreciate the fact that even the dancers who weren't very good seemed to have decent attitudes. At least no one is as obviously annoyed as Khate was last season--and no one was trying to tell his/her pro partner that he/she knew better than the pro. Oh, and I was amazed that Audrina Partridge could show that much emotion. She always seems to be staring so vacantly in clips from The Hills. If she manages to survive a while, the show could help her public image.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I will give Jennifer credit there-the manipulation of throwing Patrick and DD right out of the gate probably was hard, and she knows she has a lot of expectations surrounding her. However, I've never been close to being moved to tears on this show, but her performance didn't put me any closer to it. It looked just like a VW and she had something symbolic attached to it. It didn't deserve the highest score of the night, but I'm not surprised. Since I didn't think Jennifer's VW was very crisp but more stiff, her jive will probably tell where she really stands. I hope that's the last DD reference we have. They got it out of the way, and let's move on.

I don't think or Mark will get the trophy for the 3rd time, but I'm hoping Derek isn't even in the finals. I need a break, and I think the judging, scoring, and so much riding on the freaking freestyle gives him an edge with the judges.

I met Jennifer many years ago (when she still had her old face) at my cousin's wedding. I found her to be incredibly sweet and down to earth so I hope she does well. I just hate that she's partnered with Derek. I split my votes tonight between her and Kurt.......I'm not a football fan at all but I thought he did well and Len was overly cruel to him.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4065333;
    I don't know what it is with Joisey boys. BB12 had a guy who calls himself "The Meow Meow". Weird.
    Hi Velvet. I feel the need to defend my home state. Sorrentino and almost all the other Jersey Shore kids are from New Yawk!! Jersey gets a bad enough rap as it is without these ignoramuses invading it!

After watching tonight, my favorites are Audrina/Tony, Kurt/Anna and Brandy/Maks, with Jennifer/Derek and Rick/Cheryl not too far behind.

It would make me very happy if the first few to go, in no particular order, are Margaret, Bristol (her makeup - not just her costume - was terrible; it made her look like a 30-year-old woman) and Sorrentino.

Then I would want to say farewell to Michael, Florence (she still has sensational-looking legs, though!), Kyle (the kid can move, but the whole dance made me very uncomfortable), and David.

FORT Newbie

I voted for everybody but Brisket and gave her vote to Margaret. At least MC is funny and if she'd made an attempt to dance seriously, rather than turn it into comedy, she would have been scored better. BP is ginormous looking, compared to Mark, she has no personality, her footwork stunk & she was almost as bad as Kate (eg - standing, posing, stomping, walking). Actually, I like the idea I heard of voting for her just so the "chunky monkey" has to actually get her butt whipped into shape every week. Hey, she wants to be the little fame whore, yet she runs down Levi for wanting a little of the same for himself. Hypocrite!

My favorites from tonight are Brandy, Jennifer, Kurt, Kyle, Audrina & Rick (in no particular order).

+ Reply to Thread