+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 9/20 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/20 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Wow I expected them to overscore him! Bristol beat the Hoff!

The recap proves it again-Audrina deserves to be higher in the pecking order. She was just as good as Kyle and Rick, as was Kurt

Eat some more Wendy's hamburgers to keep up your stamina Hoff.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So dance wise, it was not as bad as I thought. Everyone, except for a token few, were either great or somewhat good. And despite getting another great partner in Jennifer, no Nicole in sight. I think Michael is gone tomorrow, maybe Margaret. But I'm just not as excited about this season. Only celebs I like are David, Kurt, Brandy, and after tonight Audrina. Everyone else I either dislike or am bored by them.

I'm not getting it with Kyle. The kid already has me annoyed, and it doesn't help that he has a partner who has a high opinion of herself and thinks it's about making herself look good (but can't take the heat otherwise). I feel like their quickstep may take them down a few notches. Margaret I've never found funny, and I can't even say her dance was about not getting her comedy. It was just awful. I laughed, but a 15 was generous. I'm glad Mike got taken down a few notches. His dancing was pitiful, and it's a shame JS fans might keep him around longer than he should be. I'm now an Audrina fan after tonight, and she got screwed going first. I also think Kurt got screwed, because in no way do I think his dance was worse than Rick's, or even Kyle's. Brandy should have gotten at least what Jennifer did. Her VW was better. Rick/Cheryl-yeah, the height difference is going to hurt him, and I think the jive will be a mess. That's a lot of fast moving for those tall legs.

Florence is a Cloris-lite. Kudos to her for getting up there and doing it at 76, but she wasn't good, and will probably get overscored and overpraised for being that old. The judges will eventually think it gets old if they lose someone better, just like when Toni Braxton went before Cloris and Susan Lucci in season 7. Corky hasn't changed, and I hope their routines aren't full of comedic slapstick humor. The Hoff was probably my biggest disappointment of my 3 faves, but I think he'll find his way and get better (or least funnier).

Some of the pros didn't seem themselves tonight. Len seemed off his rocker, and even the interactions and batteling at the judges table had a different feel. Brooke didn't get to do much talking, and some of the intro packages seemed longer for certain celebs. Even if this season is a bust, I'll still watch. I didn't overly enjoy tonight, but there's a long way to go. Would love to see Mike booted tomorrow, or at least finishing second to last so he has to stand under the red light of shame.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-20-2010 at 10:09 PM.

Great show, it's going to be fun to watch. TG for HD. Please, someone tell me what the problem w/ Corky is?
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4065395;
    So dance wise, it was not as bad as I thought. Everyone, except for a token few, were either great or somewhat good. And despite getting another great partner in Jennifer, no Nicole in sight. I think Michael is gone tomorrow, maybe Margaret. But I'm just not as excited about this season. Only celebs I like are David, Kurt, Brandy, and after tonight Audrina. Everyone else I either dislike or am bored by them.

I agree - nothing like last year

Quote Originally Posted by law638;4065396;
    Great show, it's going to be fun to watch. TG for HD. Please, someone tell me what the problem w/ Corky is?

LOL he's a pervert - did you see the season where he danced with Cloris? The moves he choreographed for her - some were very tough to watch. Ewwww I don't want to think about it....

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by law638;4065387;
    but you wouldn't want him to eat a cheeseburger there.
    LMBO...you guys are killing me!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4065355;
    I really want to vote for Jennifer but I can't stand Derek - what a dilemma.

I have the same problem. Then I wanted to vote for the Hoff just for cheese factor, but he was absolutely awful. I laughed the whole dance.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4065399;
    I agree - nothing like last year
    Everything seemed safe, stale, and repetitive. There wasn't really any enthusiasm from anyone. And I can't say after tonight this is the "wildest season ever". I really wouldn't mind them getting new pros in. Either imports from international versions of DWTS (like we got with Kym), or just other ballroom dancers that haven't been on SYTYCD. That might freshen the choreography up a bit.

I'll try to give Jennifer a break and not be so anti-Derek. That'll probably last until next week Personally, putting my own biases aside, I thought Brandy did a much better VW. I just hope there isn't the same every week, with CA crying, and more DD references so Jennifer cries. I'd say she and Brandy are the two front runners after tonight, but with the jive and quick step next week, I think the gap between (as Len would say) contenders and pretenders will grow.

The Hoff's dance was awful, but I'd much rather see him stinking up the dance floor than Mike. I don't think there's any hope for him.

+ Reply to Thread