+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

I thought it was tacky when Brooke asked Audrina how she felt going after "best dance of the night" Jennifer. I hate when the judges make comments like that (and that goes for anyone), and it's worse coming from Brooke (if she's not reminding us she did the show, she has to keep buttering up Derek). Can she think of anything else to ask? Audrina is Audrina, and I think she did a fantastic job. I was worried about her pulling off the emotions and expressions, but she nailed it, and it was great seeing Tony being able to choreograph something that challenging. Even the judges said it. She got screwed on scores, too, even though she finally got to go last. And that song?

I did think it was clever of Tony to make a version of the stage in the rehearsal studios, where he put tape down on the floor. Quite a few celebs seemed nervous about that tonight (nice going producers), so maybe it helped Audrina. He seems to be having so much fun this season, more than I think I've ever seen him have, and Audrina appears willing to keep on working until she gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4082164;
    I thought it was tacky when Brooke asked Audrina how she felt going after "best dance of the night" Jennifer. I hate when the judges make comments like that (and that goes for anyone), and it's worse coming from Brooke (if she's not reminding us she did the show, she has to keep buttering up Derek). Can she think of anything else to ask? Audrina is Audrina, and I think she did a fantastic job. I was worried about her pulling off the emotions and expressions, but she nailed it, and it was great seeing Tony being able to choreograph something that challenging. Even the judges said it. She got screwed on scores, too, even though she finally got to go last. And that song?

I did think it was clever of Tony to make a version of the stage in the rehearsal studios, where he put tape down on the floor. Quite a few celebs seemed nervous about that tonight (nice going producers), so maybe it helped Audrina. He seems to be having so much fun this season, more than I think I've ever seen him have, and Audrina appears willing to keep on working until she gets it.

I agree! Tony said they were given a 70's rock song, so they did the best they could to it. For a non dancer, she's doing a fabulous job.. better than most of the others.
    Next week is Paso Doble or Tango.. I'm thinking they're probably going to get Paso Doble. Since she nailed the emotions for this week, they're going to be fine next week.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4077498;
    I adore Audrina. Always have. What I have noticed, and didn't expect, was her comfort level with her own body. She's not a dancer, but isn't afraid to do the moves she is being taught. She seems quite secure in her ability. That is fun to see, especially in someone as young as she is. I hope she goes all the way.
    Audrina was a cheerleader in HS.

Quote Originally Posted by run4cures;4082325;
    Audrina was a cheerleader in HS.
    Being a dancer is not the same as being a cheerleader, I was a cheerleader and heavens knows I could never do some of these dances.

I don't see an advantage to that other than what the athletes have and that is she can take direction and train hard.

I love Tony and I love it when he is so clearly happy and for that reason alone, I love Audrina. She's making him smile and enjoy this show and the process again. They are a lovely dance partnership and I would be tickled if they upset the leaders and wound up winning the whole thing.

The judges/producers would never allow that because Jennifer is going to win, most be in the contract they signed to get her to finally do the show, no matter what or how much better somebody else dances.

Pity.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I really love to watch Audrina and Tony dance together. They are definitely one of my favorites now. She seems like a sweet person. I hope that they can stay around until the very end.

That was rude of Brooke to do and it's not the first time she has asked inane questions or made ill times comments. Ick.

They were really good again last night and she handled the emotions of the dance really well. Performance scores were too low but I'm not too worried about that as she should be safe this week. I just hope they don't underscore her from here on out as comp gets tougher especially as she isn't as well known as some others.

FORT Newbie

I loved it when Tony complimented Audrina for doing so well, especially with no dance background or lessons.

Audrina and Tony have the Rumba next week. They're dancing to the Hills theme song "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield.

Does that dance fit that song? I just can't see it as of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4083149;
    Does that dance fit that song? I just can't see it as of right now.
    I think it could be sexy. Tony will have to tell them to slow it down. Not a fan however of all these theme nights. AT to Brady Bunch or Addams Family for Flo, Kurt has Bewitched theme, Brandy has Friends. etc. The pros and celebs would have an easier time just picking what they'd like and matching it best to the dance style.

+ Reply to Thread