+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

I adore Audrina. Always have. What I have noticed, and didn't expect, was her comfort level with her own body. She's not a dancer, but isn't afraid to do the moves she is being taught. She seems quite secure in her ability. That is fun to see, especially in someone as young as she is. I hope she goes all the way.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4077119;
    They didn't seem as enthusiastic as I thought they would be over getting 9s. But I'm perfectly happy for toned down enthusiasim. I preferred her quick step to her waltz, but Audrina still performed very well. She's beautiful onstage, and she and Tony make a pretty pair. Loved the dress she wore. Audrina's got a natural talent. She's not a ringer but has a lot of potential there that could make her a force to be reckoned with. I hope she keeps it up, because it'll be harder to throw her under the bus later on over worse dancers. Glad they got the first 9s of the season. Next week is supposed to be the rumba and AT. I hope Audrina can get the right emotion for those. That's the only thing about her that I'd criticize, she doesn't reflect the mood or feelings on her face very well. If she's got a lot of support voting for her, she could very well be in the finals, or get close to it. Right now I've got her in my dream final 3, but she at least deserves to be in the final 5.
    As I said in the other thread, I am not worried about this as Brooke Burke could NEVER summon even one ounce of emotion or a different facial expression on the season she won. Of course, Audrina dances with Tony - not Golden Boy Derek. We all know how the judges actually judge Derek, not necessarily his partner.

Audrina and Tony have the Argentine Tango next week!! Exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnna fan;4078038;
    Audrina and Tony have the Argentine Tango next week!! Exciting!
    Excellent. One of my favourite dances.
    I was so pelased to see them egt a couple of nines this week. I thought they were well-deserved.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4078441;
    Excellent. One of my favourite dances.
    I was so pelased to see them egt a couple of nines this week. I thought they were well-deserved.
    Me too. Even though I think these two could pull off a passionate and beautiful rumba, that dance bores me. And all set to acoustic? I think the big competition for the AT will be Jennifer and possibly Rick. It will depend on how well his footwork goes, or better yet, what type of routine Cheryl puts together that can make him shine. Even though Mike will get sucking up from the judges per the producers, I'm not expecting anything great from him. Tony's only ever had one opportunity to do an AT on this show if memory serves me correct. He put together a decent one for Melissa, and Audrina is just as good (if not better) dance wise.

As I said in the other thread, I am not worried about this as Brooke Burke could NEVER summon even one ounce of emotion or a different facial expression on the season she won. Of course, Audrina dances with Tony - not Golden Boy Derek. We all know how the judges actually judge Derek, not necessarily his partner.
    Derek has enough emotion and charisma for two people. I believe his partner could stand there, he could dance around her, and the judges wouldn't even notice. And let's not forget Brooke's wonderful, emotion filled skills at co-hosting I've re-watched Audrina's waltz several times, and it's really a shame they didn't get the encore. I've been following Tony's twitter, and he's been getting a lot of positive responses from those serving or who have family/friends serving in the military. That was such an emotional, inspirational dance, and it's absolute crap Mike got the encore. I'm hopeful pimping him out is a sign he's not doing well in the voting and the show wants to keep him out there and milk him for what he's worth. The AT requires all sorts of intensity and passion, and I feel Audrina can pull that off. At the very least, she'll get the footwork, so if the judges want to ding her on something, they'll try to get her on that.

There are photos up of Tony with his waxed legs. He did one at a salon and one at home and seems to be a really good sport about the whole thing in an interview with US Magazine. He even waxes an "A" into his leg for his dance partner and then said it wasn't all that painful. I wonder if they will have him show off those smooth legs.
    Considering Tony's wife had 3 kids, including twins, naturally, I wonder if he didn't dare complain about the pain. He probably would have heard a thing or two about which is more painful I'm glad Tony is so happy this season. When I think of him with Kate, that was just cruel and unusual punishment. I wouldn't even wish her on Corky! Audrina for me is the true underdog of this season, the real surprise, but the show is just sticking to it's script. I hope she continues to get the credit she deserves and not get overshadowed by someone deemed more ratings worthy/controversial.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-09-2010 at 02:12 AM.

I saw a tweet from Carrie Ann saying Monday is "double score night"-a score from technique and performance. I hope this isn't going to be their week to try and throw Audrina under the bus for performance. She did well last week, I pray she can pull it off again so that doesn't happen!

I don't think she will be in any trouble this week. She should do well with the dance and her performance level has also been high. You can tell Tony has been working her over on both for weeks now and she's a good listener and student. I'm happy for him.

Whether they try down the line to get Audrina and Tony out for people who bring more drama is still a fear of mine as well. I hope that because she's a dark horse and underdog that show sees the value in keeping her. Right now there are only a few that can even remotely keep up with Grey and she's one of them.

Cute pic of Tony & Audrina in rehearsals yesterday. Notice that Tony put tape on the floor so they'll get used to the new space of the round stage this week. Smart!
    Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/0vp6adj - Uploaded by tonydovolani

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4080449;
    I saw a tweet from Carrie Ann saying Monday is "double score night"-a score from technique and performance. I hope this isn't going to be their week to try and throw Audrina under the bus for performance. She did well last week, I pray she can pull it off again so that doesn't happen!
    Ugh!!! Last season, "double score night" was the beginning of the end for me. It's very simply a way for the producers/judges to position their favorites (just in case they aren't the fan favorites also). Last season, it brought what we have all long suspected into clear focus for me - that the producers/judges are allowed to manipulate the scoring on their end in any way, shape or form they want, in order to bring the results that THEY want. Nevermind who dances the best that night or who the fans favor that night.

I feel the same way about the stunt scoring on "group dance night" (who gets to pick the groups anyway? I highly doubt they are randomly drawn from a hat. Notice we never see this.), and the sliding scoring scales on "dance-off night" (blatantly predetermined by the judges no matter how well or how poorly someone does in comparison to the others).

Pathetic manipulation.
    Last edited by TiaMaria62; 10-10-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4081045;
    Ugh!!! Last season, "double score night" was the beginning of the end for me. It's very simply a way for the producers/judges to position their favorites (just in case they aren't the fan favorites also). Last season, it brought what we have all long suspected into clear focus for me - that the producers/judges are allowed to manipulate the scoring on their end in any way, shape or form they want, in order to bring the results that THEY want. Nevermind who dances the best that night or who the fans favor that night.

I feel the same way about the stunt scoring on "group dance night" (who gets to pick the groups anyway? I highly doubt they are randomly drawn from a hat. Notice we never see this.), and the sliding scoring scales on "dance-off night" (blatantly predetermined by the judges no matter how well or how poorly someone does in comparison to the others).

Pathetic manipulation.
    The team dances, two pros are selected and do the school yard pick 'em. I believe it's usually the two consistant leaderboard toppers (so likely for the third season in a row, Derek's celeb will get to be one of them). Season 7 I know it was Warren and Kym, season 8 I think it was Gilles and Shawn, I just know season 9 it was Joanna (don't know who the other one was-Mya maybe since those 2 were the top scoring females), and last season Nicole and Evan. Typically the dances have been pretty lopsided, and up until last season the second team to dance always came out on top (but Derek's always been on the winning team all 4 seasons; Cheryl the three team dances she took part in). I was glad last season each team had to do the same dance, but Lady GaGa vs Madonna? It seemed like the judges nitpicked Team Madonna more than Team GaGa. I enjoyed Madonna's group more, as they had more fun and it showed. But that's one thing I wouldn't miss, along with the marathon dances (another way to boost the scores of your favorite), and they really need to modify how the judges score the very last dance during the final. I've always believed that was a way to tip the scale if they needed to.

Last season, it seemed like a lot of the couples were more confused after the double scoring showdown. Some were getting nearly identical scores, and I guess they figured one side would outweigh the other. That was Kate's godawful paso that got one point lower than Nicole's non quick step from Len. I guess it'll be harder to do non AT and rumbas at least. I do think this will benefit Bristol and Mike more than anyone. Bristol's already got an advantage where she can just stand and pose in her dance. Mike doesn't have a prayer.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-10-2010 at 04:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread