+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4071864;
    The top of the dress just didn't fit her properly.
    The clear plastic straps were very tacky, imo, although obviously very necessary.

I admit I'm biased as I like Audrina, but I thought it was an other very good performance. I thought it was ridiculous for Bruno to dock them a point for a little mistake when the dance was so packed with content.
    I think Bruno wanted Tony to have to shave his legs I worry Audrina will eventually be the sacrifical lamb. The show will see others as more controversial/ratings worthy/fan favorites, so they'll begin throwing her under the bus, giving her low scores and bad critiques. She deserved higher both weeks, and in no way did Bristol deserve an 8 as well.

I already can't wait for next week. Tony says he's loving their Waltz already and it's only been day 1, and that she's a joy to work with. And then Audrina replied to his tweet and said "amazing choreography" I think that's another dance she will do well in. I hope they won't get robbed again this week.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4072896;
    I think Bruno wanted Tony to have to shave his legs I worry Audrina will eventually be the sacrifical lamb. The show will see others as more controversial/ratings worthy/fan favorites, so they'll begin throwing her under the bus, giving her low scores and bad critiques. She deserved higher both weeks, and in no way did Bristol deserve an 8 as well.
    While I think Bristol is likely more polarizing so she probably has as many detractors as "fans", I do suspect she'll pick up more "just because" votes than Audrina.
    The Hills was a high-rated show by MTV standards, but Audrina doesn't have a lot of face and name recognition and will possibly need good scores from the judges to help her through.
    Her dancing has been very good, imo and I think she'll pick up fans pretty quickly, but if the judges do get up to the shenanigans you mentioned (and I really hope they don't) she could struggle if she really has to rely on the fan vote one week later down the line to get her through.

Going first in week one didn't help her scores. Even though the judges are mroe qualified than me I still say she was underscored so they'd have something in reserve just in case someone came out and danced better.
    This week Bruno seemed to think docking a point for one slight flub, that I didn't even really notice, was more important than giving her full credit for executing the rest of the choreography very well.
    Bristol was overscored last week, imo, but because she was better this week her scores had to be higher.
    One point less than Audrina was ridiculous to me though, there was more content in Tony and Audrina's dance and Adrina danced better than Bristol.

I've said this so many times, but I wish the judges could score out of 20.
    I think that would give them more wiggle room and allow for a more realistic and fair difference between the scores.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4072901;
    While I think Bristol is likely more polarizing so she probably has as many detractors as "fans", I do suspect she'll pick up more "just because" votes than Audrina.
    The Hills was a high-rated show by MTV standards, but Audrina doesn't have a lot of face and name recognition and will possibly need good scores from the judges to help her through.
    Her dancing has been very good, imo and I think she'll pick up fans pretty quickly, but if the judges do get up to the shenanigans you mentioned (and I really hope they don't) she could struggle if she really has to rely on the fan vote one week later down the line to get her through.

Going first in week one didn't help her scores. Even though the judges are mroe qualified than me I still say she was underscored so they'd have something in reserve just in case someone came out and danced better.
    This week Bruno seemed to think docking a point for one slight flub, that I didn't even really notice, was more important than giving her full credit for executing the rest of the choreography very well.
    Bristol was overscored last week, imo, but because she was better this week her scores had to be higher.
    One point less than Audrina was ridiculous to me though, there was more content in Tony and Audrina's dance and Adrina danced better than Bristol.

I think that would give them more wiggle room and allow for a more realistic and fair difference between the scores.
    Audrina's got the most Twitter followers out of all the others stars on this season.. Everyday I go on her Twitter page, the number of followers she gains each day gets higher and higher. Last night I got on and she was at 1,100,324 followers. I just checked now and she's at 1,101,492. If they both do that, I don't think they've got much to worry about. She knows how to use Twitter to campaign for herself and ask for votes, so she'll go pretty far. There are others I can name that should go before her. That, plus she probably gains new fans everyday because people will probably like the way she's progressing, etc.

Based on dancing so far, Audrina should make at least top 4. She better not be sacrificed for the sake of someone else, IF she keeps up the good work. I just pray Tony works on her emotions showing through!

I just loved their quuickstep! My favorite dance of the night, and I was thrilled the judges liked it. Poor Tony having to wax his legs, LOL!

They seem to have a great partnership, and I love seeing Tony with such a talented partner. I really hope they will make the finals. I knew nothing about Audrina before this season started, but she seems very sweet.

That's great her twitter followers keep increasing. Can't wait to see their waltz.

FORT Regular

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4072901;

Like last week, the top spot deserved to be shared. I'm watched Audrina's quick step several times, and there's no justifying Bruno giving it a 7. I know it has to do with Tony. Between the partners he's had, the routines he's come up with, the costumes he's worn, the filler segments he's taken part in (Glambo, anyone?), and now shaving his legs, he's going to have some interesting stories to tell his kids about his time on this show Audrina's quick step was probably the best week 2 dance I've ever seen, maybe even the best quick step at this early stage. She's just glowing, and it's obvious she and Tony are enjoying each other's partnership, working hard, and coming out with enjoyable routines. Audrina was miles ahead of Bristol, Mike, Kyle, and Florence.

Going first did screw her week 1, and that's why I'm so against them giving such high scores so early. As you said, someone can come out and give a bad performance, but if it was better than the week before, or better than the people before them that they scored higher, then they have to dish out the 7s and 8s. I doubt scoring a 1, 2, or 3 regularly would go over well 11 seasons in. When you say out of 20, do you mean scoring from actually throwing up a 20 paddle? I don't think it's a bad idea to modify the scoring, but I don't know if I trust the judges or show to do it fairly Cheryl tweeted she and Rick are going last tomorrow, so maybe Audrina/Tony can go later in the competition and get more credit for their dance. If anyone gives me the Kelly Osbourne feeling, it's Audrina, not Bristol. If the show tries to keep that illusion up to keep her in and hope people buy into the hype, that's when I worry the show won't back her when the couples get even further scaled back.

There's rehearsal footage of Audrina and Tony on the ET website.. they said their dance is going to be very emotional, and their song is touching and powerful too. I can't wait! I hope they'll get the scores they deserve this week.. They got robbed again last week from Bruno.

Can't wait to see Audrina and Tony dance an emotional dance tonight. Her emotions/feelings shining through in the dances have been my biggest worry for her. Hope she does well! Go Team Torina!

+ Reply to Thread