+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

Re: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

VOTE VOTE VOTE for Audrina and Tony tonight! We're at the point now where we can have surprise eliminations at any time. If you haven't voted yet this season, now's the time to start! They're worthy of the finals and it will really suck to see her leave before Bristol.

I myself saw the emotion from Audrina, but I probably was the only one... Anyways, I'm glad she got the passionate dances out of the way.. she does really well with the happy/bubbly ones. She's in second place, but that doesn't mean she's safe! Please keep voting!

Completely agree with you Deannafan. I'm glad Audrina got the intense dances out of the way and hopefully now she can just smile and dance! She will do better with that. She deserves to stay in, all my votes have gone to her all season. I don't know who I'll vote for if she leaves (unless Kurt/Anna are still somehow in).

Go Team TORINA!!!!!

FORT Fan

The judges really puzzled me last night. The way they verbally ripped on Audrina, I was afraid they were going to hand out 5's and 6's to her! I was pleasantly surprised with her actual scores, however the damage was already done.

Look, we all know that there are millions of "lemming" fans out there that will vote based on what the judges say. And if all they heard was "blah, blah, blah, no emotion, blah, blah, blah no passion..." then they think a dancer is "bad" and won't vote.

Sometimes a bad critique can have the opposite effect - such as, "I need to vote to save the celeb", but not always. There is the "lemming" factor to consider. Or the "political mandate" factor in some instances.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnna fan;4090841;
    I myself saw the emotion from Audrina, but I probably was the only one... Anyways, I'm glad she got the passionate dances out of the way.. she does really well with the happy/bubbly ones. She's in second place, but that doesn't mean she's safe! Please keep voting!

I personally think the judges have pigeon-holed sweet, little Audrina. I don't know what else they wanted her to do last night. To me, she came right on through with what she was given to do.

One of the things that I personally thinks works against the celebrities is the viewing of the rehearsal clips. The edit plays up the idea that this dance is totally contrary to Audrina's personality, and the judges get that idea in their minds as well.
    By the time she dances, she has not only admitted it, but that idea has been drummed in the judges's minds.
    When they score are they influenced by that? I most certainly believe so....
    Moreover, if they are at a point where they are looking for
    faults to critique, the rehearsal edit many times gives them a heads-up and a headstart.

On a more positive note, although I most certainly have not been a fan of the spiked hair look, how good-looking was our Tony in that whole get-up last night?

Tony did look hot last night. lol Audrina is doing much better than judges give her credit for. It seems like she is held to a different standard and they have been tough on Tony for years. He has a shot at contending this year and it seems they just rip they down whenever they can.

Good news is they were 2nd on the night in scoring which is vg. They should make it through and if they do they are due a fun dance which will be a nice change of pace for them. She will also be a positive to her team in team dancing comp which is another plus.

FORT Fogey

I pay attention to the edit, and when Audrina was shown very little in the "hype" clips, I figured she was gone. Also, when the edit poignantly focused on the confessional clip where she cried over giving the best that she had, and it wasn't good enough to be answered fiercely by Tony's reply that it surely was, I figured then that she was both gone and that the judges were being sent a not so subtle message.

Kudos to Audrina for the gracious way that she handled the overly heavy criticism with the judges.

I believe that Audrina danced well enough to continue on into the finals; however, I just don't think the fan votes were there for her. That is what the one fan indicator that we have has shown for the last two weeks. Now whether that is because of the judges' overly harsh criticism which influenced the fans or whether she simply doesn't have a strong enough fan base I simply don't know.

What a sweet nature and beartiful person she showed herself to be.

Poor Audrina - she did deserve to be in the finals - at least the F4. Good luck to her in her future endeavors.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4091943;
    I pay attention to the edit, and when Audrina was shown very little in the "hype" clips, I figured she was gone. Also, when the edit poignantly focused on the confessional clip where she cried over giving the best that she had, and it wasn't good enough to be answered fiercely by Tony's reply that it surely was, I figured then that she was both gone and that the judges were being sent a not so subtle message.

Kudos to Audrina for the gracious way that she handled the overly heavy criticism with the judges.

I believe that Audrina danced well enough to continue on into the finals; however, I just don't think the fan votes were there for her. That is what the one fan indicator that we have has shown for the last two weeks. Now whether that is because of the judges' overly harsh criticism which influenced the fans or whether she simply doesn't have a strong enough fan base I simply don't know.

What a sweet nature and beartiful person she showed herself to be.
    Maybe her fanbase wasn't high enough to keep her there, but I also put a lot of the blame on the judges' overly harsh criticism of her. Who knows how far she could have gone if the judges had chosen to concentrate on her improvements rather than to criticize her lack of emotion. They did it every week!

CA, Len and Bruno acted so surprised last night and went on and on about how atrocious it was that she was going home. Len - Mr "you are getting on my nerves" - was particularly harsh on Audrina on Monday night. Then he gives that speech last night. He needs to take some credit for Audrina being eliminated - CA and Bruno need to as well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4091961;
    Maybe her fanbase wasn't high enough to keep her there, but I also put a lot of the blame on the judges' overly harsh criticism of her. Who knows how far she could have gone if the judges had chosen to concentrate on her improvements rather than to criticize her lack of emotion. They did it every week!

CA, Len and Bruno acted so surprised last night and went on and on about how atrocious it was that she was going home. Len - Mr "you are getting on my nerves" - was particularly harsh on Audrina on Monday night. Then he gives that speech last night. He needs to take some credit for Audrina being eliminated - CA and Bruno need to as well .
    That is exactly why I said that I thought the judges were being sent a "not so subtle message" with that Audrina and Tony confessional. If I got it, you can bet they did too!

+ Reply to Thread