+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

FORT Regular

Re: Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - Season 11

I'm surprised that with 4 weeks complete I haven't found any of these couples very interesting. Usually by now there are a few that I like or just can't stand.

Audrina is the only one that I've found myself cheering for. Seems nice enough, is improving (mostly), and has change to do well.

I wonder if the producer's constant portrayal of her as an airhead will help or hurt the fan votes.

FORT Regular

I'm sure the producers don't have to try very hard to make that portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by tedmcardle;4084679;
    I'm sure the producers don't have to try very hard to make that portrayal.
    Are you trying to say she's an airhead?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Audrina's probably been my biggest surprise this season on every count. I went in thinking she'd be boring, vacant, stupid, and a horrible nervous clunker. She's none of the above. She does have that stare on her face that makes her look like she's thinking about thin air, but I was very impressed with the emotions she brought out for her AT. I can't wait to see her rumba, and am also anxious for when paso/tango week comes up. I love how she listens to Tony, and really wants to try hard. She seems to really get the experience and could be a lesson for the current and future crop of celebs. I look forward to her more and more each week.

I worry more that the judges seem to sort of downplay her routines and pick apart every little aspect, that they're aiming to get her out at some point. It seems a good percentage online at least are impressed by her and voting, so I do hope she's picked up more fans and hangs in there. An upset of Jennifer/Derek would be satisfying to me no matter who did it, but I'd love to see it be these two.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4084888;
    Audrina's probably been my biggest surprise this season on every count. I went in thinking she'd be boring, vacant, stupid, and a horrible nervous clunker. She's none of the above. She does have that stare on her face that makes her look like she's thinking about thin air, but I was very impressed with the emotions she brought out for her AT. I can't wait to see her rumba, and am also anxious for when paso/tango week comes up. I love how she listens to Tony, and really wants to try hard. She seems to really get the experience and could be a lesson for the current and future crop of celebs. I look forward to her more and more each week.

I worry more that the judges seem to sort of downplay her routines and pick apart every little aspect, that they're aiming to get her out at some point. It seems a good percentage online at least are impressed by her and voting, so I do hope she's picked up more fans and hangs in there. An upset of Jennifer/Derek would be satisfying to me no matter who did it, but I'd love to see it be these two.
    A lot of people have been impressed with her, and a lot have been predicting her to be in the top 3. Honestly, I don't care what the judges think.. it's all about what the viewers voting think. They seem to be harsh on everyone this season.

Audrina's got raw talent that she probably never knew she had. She has no dance experience but she can dance! I was rooting for her ever since week 1.. and I'm glad I have.

I wanted Tony to get someone good and very nice after dealing with Kate last season and thankfully both happened. I was really worried initially when I found out Tony had Audrina because I thought she'd be stiff. She is the pleasant surprise of the season. She's a hard worker, seems to really want to learn, and looks beautiful on the dance floor. She is graceful and likeable. I read an article that said Tony is back to the old Tony again and how upset he was last season so they are all loving him being happy again.

I do worry a bit as she isn't as well known as the others and doesn't bring as much drama as some that she could be seen as expendable. I do however think judges know she could and should contend so the question becomes will they support that as they should. If she were to make finale I think they could have a shot at an upset not just due to Audrina's good dancing but many others wanting Tony to finally win and having a true underdog get the trophy. Not sure it would ever happen but I hope they get to finale. They are the most exciting ones to watch at present.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnna fan;4084925;
    A lot of people have been impressed with her, and a lot have been predicting her to be in the top 3. Honestly, I don't care what the judges think.. it's all about what the viewers voting think. They seem to be harsh on everyone this season.

Audrina's got raw talent that she probably never knew she had. She has no dance experience but she can dance! I was rooting for her ever since week 1.. and I'm glad I have.
    She was a cheerleader. Some say that does not count but the school she attended cheerleading is more like a dance squad that performs with the band.

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnna fan;4084925;
    That's what is refreshing about her. She's not a ringer or someone with tons of dance experience. She is just someone who works hard. listens, and learns. She does it all with class and a smile as well. She's been a pleasure to watch.
    Last edited by ChelsieFan; 10-16-2010 at 05:35 AM.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4084888;

From watching her on The Hills, I fully expected her to be an airhead. But she was/is my favorite from day one. She's a doll and a wisp of a girl. I hadn't been able to put it into words, but I like how you pointed out how she listens to Tony.

I also think that since Mike was voted off the show she will pick up the younger MTV votes. I definitely think, barring some major blunder, she'll be in the F3. She and Tony seem to have a connection that makes them even more fun to watch.

+ Reply to Thread