+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

The interactions between Maks and Erin were completely different, because the obviuos affection & respect they had for each other was palpable.

Brandy just comes off as a spoiled brat who blames the teacher when she gets a D- on her homework. She might be trying to mimic the banter that Mel B. & Erin had with Maks, but she's lacking the respect for him as professional that both Mel and Erin displayed.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't think it's fair to Brandy (or any celeb) to let a previous relationship that worked well overshadow her. They're on two different pages, but I'm confident Brandy will get it together. Why I say "poor Maks" is he knows this will screw their chances. I don't think he'd be going out of his way to ensure they get along if it wasn't true. He spoke highly before the season started. I guess we won't know until the season's over what the status of their relationship really is.

Either way, I'm looking forward to their samba this week. I kind of feel like, how the groups are divided, the samba people might struggle more with the judges (especially compared to doing a difficult latin dance to two ballroom dances).

Told ya: Dancing's Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Brandy and I Get Along "Wonderfully" - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

At this point, what's done is done. Some will keep an open mind about her; others have moved on. Today, they spent doing several interviews for Access Hollywood and EOnline, so we'll see what happens week 3.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4074497;
    I don't think it's fair to Brandy (or any celeb) to let a previous relationship that worked well overshadow her.
    Probably not, but I think it happens all the time. As soon as a pro gets a second partner comparissions to the first starts.

I'm very pelased there is no hint of any romance this season.
    The constant "are they aren't they?" got very irritating to me last season because I wasn't remotely interested one way or the other and I found their little spats during rehearsal annoying and forced, jmo.
    I thought the chemistry between Mel B and Maks was greater in every aspect than between Maks and Erin anyway.

As for Brandy, I just aren't sure what to make of her so far.
    I was never really into her music and didn't watch her tv show so she's not someone I had strong feelings about before the season started.
    I haven't warmed to her yet.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Dancing's Maks: Bruno Was "Totally Out of Line" - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

Pretty good blog from Maks this week. Judging by his twitter he's still got his anti-fanbase ragging on him. Glad he doesn't let them bother him, but wish he wouldn't even acknowledge them.

Can't wait for their samba!

I agree with Maks that Bruno was out of line. One thing I noticed is that Tony and Louis also defended Bolton which I respect. Unfortunately now you have to worry about backlash from judges and these 3 aren't the Golden Trio to begin with so I hope judges and show remain fair.

I think Brandy will have a vg week and interesting that they have her competing in samba against Grey. That makes me think they are building these 2 couples into a comp with one another which could be a good sign for their longevity but it makes me fear more for Audrina down the line. I also think they will play Rick/Kurt until they want 1 out down the line for diversity. Not a fan of show having their own agenda and that agenda will also help Bristol who has been good at best thus far.

Either this show is desperate for the tabloid express to keep them in the news, they hate Maks and/or Brandy, or don't want two singers winning back to back. I don't care what CA thought of Maks's "teaching method", she's judging their dancing, not that (or supposed to be). Glad Maks ran away before she could spank him. I actually really enjoyed Brandy's samba, and loved the story line. She seemed to show a lighter side to herself tonight, at least on the dance floor and during the judging. They deserve to stick around, and got my votes. I hope they hang in there, and maybe they can get more of a comeback next week.

And I want to see Maks rumba

Not sure they get to semis but I don't think they are even remotely in danger this week or in the immediate future. She was better this week and she's right towards the top of things in standings as well. They should just carry on and not address their chemistry or lack thereof any further. More attention you call to it the more people will talk about it. Be happy you did well this week and be positive for next week.

Brandy has toned it down, but Maks was absurd in that package. If that's how he teaches, no wonder his partners cry. Perhaps Brandy is being lazy and diva-esque which we're not seeing, but I was rather surprised to see that montage displaying Maks' teaching. I 100% agree with Len's critique of Maks. Len was not criticizing Maks' samba; he was criticizing his teaching style, that he wasn't being protective of his partner. I agree with him.

The dance was ok. I think the song was so non-traditional for samba that the moves didn't fit well with it. They needed to pick a different movie or something.

Anyway, I don't understand why the show is throwing Maks under the bus like this each week. That's two weeks in a row that Maks comes off like an @ss. Aside from negative attention, I just don't get it, esp. after Maks confronted the producer about last week's package. This week was 10X worse with regard to Maks. I know it's an edit, but still.

I miss season 10 Maks.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4077256;
    Brandy has toned it down, but Maks was absurd in that package. If that's how he teaches, no wonder his partners cry. Perhaps Brandy is being lazy and diva-esque which we're not seeing, but I was rather surprised to see that montage displaying Maks' teaching. I 100% agree with Len's critique of Maks. Len was not criticizing Maks' samba; he was criticizing his teaching style, that he wasn't being protective of his partner. I agree with him.

The dance was ok. I think the song was so non-traditional for samba that the moves didn't fit well with it. They needed to pick a different movie or something.

Anyway, I don't understand why the show is throwing Maks under the bus like this each week. That's two weeks in a row that Maks comes off like an @ss. Aside from negative attention, I just don't get it, esp. after Maks confronted the producer about last week's package. This week was 10X worse with regard to Maks. I know it's an edit, but still.

I miss season 10 Maks.
    I agree that for some reason Maks has been shown in a "bad light" two weeks in a row now. The producers show (EDIT) the footage to include what they want to, so what is up with what they CHOSE to show last night of Maks and Brandy in rehearsals? Are they trying to run Maks off?

I am sure that there was plenty of other footage that they could have used that would not have come across so damaging. Could what was aired last night have some lasting effect on Maks' teaching career outside of DWTS? Maybe not, but he may not want to come back and do DWTS again after last night. It was definitely hard to watch that rehearsal footage and the judges reprimanding him for his teaching technique.

This has been a weird season so far in how the judges are scoring the pairs. It seems like they have already chosen their favorites, and it is being shown in the scoring. I have never seen such high scores for some who are obviously undeserving of the scores that they are given. And then others who performed their routines much better are scored lower and are being picked apart by the judges.

+ Reply to Thread