+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4072905;
    Sadly, I feel like most people will read through any attempts Brandy might make to "change." It still smacks of behaving a certain way just to win, which is fake when what we've seen to date is her real personality. I didn't particularly like Nicole last season (same reasons), but I'd give her mad props for incredible dance skill. Cheryl made a comment to GMA last season that chemistry is what makes you in DWTS, that people can sense it through the TV screen. Like it or not, after last season, where even entertainment critics sensed Erin and Maks' chemistry, these two just don't have it. Heck, even Maks/MelB and Maks/Debi had better chemistry. Maks is tolerating this pairing.

They're both trying to spin that they adore each other, but for evidence of Maks adoring his partner, see footage of him out with Willa and Erin. Or interviews in which he talks about MelB or Debi.

I'll hope for Brandy to bring it next week, and that they both turn it around, but my interest already has been redirected to other couples. Again, I don't see them making it passed the F6. The magic just isn't there. I don't see any sunshine in his face when he's dancing, except when he danced the pro number. Karina, I'm sure, plays a big role in this deal; but one or the other of them needs to quit the show if it's so tough to manage. And in this situation, I do think it's Maks that doesn't want to be anywhere near her.
    I'm not going to say this is Brandy's real personality based on what we're seeing, at least in rehearsals. It's edited, and Maks often gets the brunt of bad editing with his partners. He's already feeling defeated, if his twitter is any indication, because he knows how the fan votes will sway if they show Brandy as an uncooperative diva and him as the overbearing pro. I'm also not going to look at past relationships Maks has had with his celebs, and say because it's not like he had with Erin or Mel B that it means they aren't getting along. Every partnership is going to be different, and not all peaches and showmances Debi actually dissed Maks when they got voted off, saying in an interview she probably would have done better with someone else and wanted more challenges (apparently not realizing she just couldn't dance). I would hope Maks/Karina would be big enough to endure each other, and I would think that they're probably both over it. Karina's moved on, and maybe she enjoys rubbing that in his face by bringing her boyfriend to the show, but Maks seems to have moved on and is happy, with or without a serious relationship. Who knows what really goes on backstage, and I'm sure it's more awkward for the other pros who are friends with both (except Tony and Mark). I'm not even sure if that is the problem, or if there really is a problem. Maks might just feel overwhelmed knowing he does have a legitimate shot to really win, and see it slipping away because of how they're getting edited or afraid they'll screw it up when it counts. This show's like any talent show, it's all about ratings, and they'll do what they have to do and keep those around that will give it to them. The producers were probably like kids at Christmas with boo-gate and Bruno vs Bolton getting so much press. Politics as usual. Now they have somewhere they can go with these two. Brandy's the one that needs to get her act together. If they lose, I'm blaming her for it. I think Brandy wants to do well and win, but she's not calling the shots. I think being a solo artist and always in control of her destiny might make it hard putting someone else in control. Hopefully Maks can finally get the mirrorball next season. They can't always guarantee the expected front runners or fan favorites will be that once the show starts (look at Gilles, Ty, and now Kyle). No pro can say they despise their partner at this point when they're still competing (Tony/Kate anyone?) but I'll believe Maks until he says otherwise. We all know he doesn't hold back
    Last edited by karalott; 09-29-2010 at 07:28 PM.

I really don't think they are in any immediate danger to go home at present despite her attitude. Her dancing is better than quite a few others and his fanbase can carry them for a bit. I do think he needs to tone her down some and I hope she listens. If she watches herself and has any sense of self awareness she will see she comes off as baiting and undermining. Not a way to score fans. She has time to change her behavior so it will be interesting to see how she handles things from here on out.
    Last edited by ChelsieFan; 09-30-2010 at 01:07 AM.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Interesting. I was really expecting to like Brandy and Maks this season, but it is her that I don't like. She is not coming off as a nice, humble person at all. More like a spoiled brat. I hope she goes out quickly and gets taken down a few pegs.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4072915;
    I'm not going to say this is Brandy's real personality based on what we're seeing, at least in rehearsals. It's edited, and Maks often gets the brunt of bad editing with his partners. He's already feeling defeated, if his twitter is any indication, because he knows how the fan votes will sway if they show Brandy as an uncooperative diva and him as the overbearing pro. Maks might just feel overwhelmed knowing he does have a legitimate shot to really win, and see it slipping away because of how they're getting edited or afraid they'll screw it up when it counts. If they lose, I'm blaming her for it. I think Brandy wants to do well and win, but she's not calling the shots.
    I agree that the packages are not accurate indicators of anything. I also don't think that they're completely inaccurate despite splicing. Maks did not say that Brandy did not call him an "a$$hole;" he even addressed it in another practice when he told her she'd know when he was being one. He also did not state that the fight never happened; he did say that the footage was from weeks ago, and thus, at the start of their partnership, when, yes, a solo artist like Brandy would be struggling with this no-nonsense teacher. So, I agree that the package was part of production's continuing depiction of Maks antagonizing his partners, but I do think that they did butt heads, and that Brandy did say those things which Maks did not appreciate, just as he told her. Beyond just the edited package, I was annoyed with Brandy blaming Maks for the solo and interrupting the judges. That was live footage. Her personality doesn't do it for me. She's trying too hard to either be really cute or really sophisticated or really dramatic. I can't figure out which one she is. And I think that from her post-show interviews and comments, not the show alone.

Secondly, these forums only represent a small minority of viewers; we also know more about the editing and production of the show, and yet, a bad package can still turn you off. So the general public might just take that at face value and look passed her.

Maks and Brandy are now trying to portray a united front on their Twitter and in her blog. It reminds me of last season when Derek and Nicole were portrayed as work horses who had no fun. Derek spent the following week sending out tweets, pictures, and videos of them having a grand ol' time to compensate for the show's misrepresentation of them. If you check out Maks' twitter, he's in damage control mode. So, yes, kara, I do think he's feeling a lot of stress. He was riding high at season's start thinking that he would make the finals with Brandy. He's hit a road block in week 2; his fans are frustrated with her; he's getting inundated with tweets comparing Brandy to Erin; Karina is back. I do think it gets to him, and yes, this week could have had him watching his chance at the MBT float right out of his hands at the producers' whim. The show knows who they want in those final 2-3 weeks. Maks could not be one of them.

I adore Maks. He's a bit of an enigma which fascinates me; he's an exceptional choreographer (except I hated the jive); and he's an amazing dancer. I just, despite my initial open-mindedness about her, am having great difficulty liking Brandy.
    Last edited by veg_out; 09-30-2010 at 09:34 AM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Just a little confirmation of our relationship with @4everBrandy.... Good night ya'll..... | Plixi

Maks posted this picture on his twitter to show his relationship with Brandy.

Another twitter follower tweeted to Maks to "Go back to Russia immigrant". Not surprisingly, this person is a Karina fan.

Poor Maks Last season Tony got heckeled on twitter for supporting Maks/Erin.

I don't think Brandy's behavior can be put down to the editing in the rehersal packages. She was a brat during judging as well as the after dance private interivew segment.

She just seems to have a huge sense of entitlement, which I'm finding difficult to overcome. That and her disrespectful attitude. I figure she's used to getting her way and being coddled, which would explain her behavior.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4073572;
    I don't think Brandy's behavior can be put down to the editing in the rehersal packages. She was a brat during judging as well as the after dance private interivew segment.

She just seems to have a huge sense of entitlement, which I'm finding difficult to overcome. That and her disrespectful attitude. I figure she's used to getting her way and being coddled, which would explain her behavior.
    Agreed. She has grown up as a star and is used to getting the star treatment. I like how this show gives these "celebrities" a reality check and the judges don't cater to egos. I hope that she learns a lesson and becomes a nicer person because of this experience. As she is now, she is not making any new fans.

I had forgotten why I didn't like Brandy, but her present attitude has brought it all back. Poor Maks!
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Who is John Galt?

Yeah, I tend to agree with most of you. She does seem like a spoiled little girl who had talent and got adoration too early in life. Now she feels entitled to have people adore her just because she is who she is. Hello - sweetie! Wake up. Maks is the Pro (meaning professional). That means he knows what he is doing. Listen to him and just do what he says.

I think she'll keep trying to do what she wants to do instead of doing what he wants her to do. So, eventually, they will get voted out. I love Maks. He is my favorite pro, but I don't like this pairing at all. Besides the problems - they have absolutely NO chemistry together.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4073564;
    Just a little confirmation of our relationship with @4everBrandy.... Good night ya'll..... | Plixi

Maks posted this picture on his twitter to show his relationship with Brandy.

Another twitter follower tweeted to Maks to "Go back to Russia immigrant". Not surprisingly, this person is a Karina fan.

Poor Maks Last season Tony got heckeled on twitter for supporting Maks/Erin.
    This is what I'm saying. Maks, since Monday, is doing everything in his power to redeem their "partnership" in the public's eyes. Brandy is also trying to fix things (this excerpt is from an interview):

It's really about how people see you and perceive you, and if people are only seeing you trying the hardest and maybe getting frustrated here and there and not seeing the fun side and the laughter and the hugs and the pinching of the cheeks and the pinching of the nose and the going out to eat afterwards and hanging out and texting each other and saying, “Is everything okay? Are you good? You did great today.” If people aren't seeing that and they only see one side, then they're going to perceive you to be something you're not. That's very important to me because I've worked hard on being a good person and a nice person to be around and if people are perceiving me as something I'm not I'm very bothered by that. But again, it's a reality show. They want to capture moments, and of course the fans want to go through the journey with you. I just don't want my journey to be cut short because they're only seeing what the producers are editing together.
    Exclusive Interview: Brandy Sets the Record Straight on Her Relationship With Maks - Dancing With The Stars

I'm sure Maks' blog will be all about the quality of their relationship.

It's unfortunate. I do remember a tiff with MelB during their samba week; he and Erin regularly bantered, but with Brandy, that dynamic doesn't work. I don't see the same chemistry, despite anything that either of them say, that was very evident with Mel, Erin. It kinda feels more like Lalia.

Sigh. Poor Maks indeed.

+ Reply to Thread