+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;4109845;
    I wish that Maks and Brandy were dating. I still think they'd make such a gorgeous couple!

siiiiigghhhh!
    They would - but I'm pulling for Erin!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Access Hollywood Live: Is Maksim Chmerkovskiy Bitter Over Brandy’s ‘Dancing’ Elimination? | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

Really am loving Maks in all these exit interviews. He's staying classy and I'm glad he's not biting on any of the controversy.

There seems to have been a good change in him - over the past couple of seasons - much more likeable these days - and I agree about how he is handling what is going on
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by LovesSnowCO;4109652;
    Why is a vote BY the fans a turn-off or a black mark? Seems to me when voters vote a certain person on, they want to see that person in the finals or even as a winner.

That's why we have votes. Winner takes all!
    But there may be a difference between who the majority of viewers believe should win and who actually receives the most votes, due to the fact that many viewers don't bother to vote, you don't have to even be a viewer to vote, and the voting system, unlike in political elections, isn't one vote per person. If Bristol ends up winning because she gets the most votes, it isn't proof that more people wanted her to win than any other contestant; it means that her supporters were more zealous and cast more votes or rallied their family/friends to vote more than did the fans of the others.

Unless the producers develop a system where every viewer of the show gets only one vote (and they all use it), you can't state for certain that the result is even what a plurality, let alone a majority, of the fans wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4110066;
    But there may be a difference between who the majority of viewers believe should win and who actually receives the most votes, due to the fact that many viewers don't bother to vote, you don't have to even be a viewer to vote, and the voting system, unlike in political elections, isn't one vote per person. If Bristol ends up winning because she gets the most votes, it isn't proof that more people wanted her to win than any other contestant; it means that her supporters were more zealous and cast more votes or rallied their family/friends to vote more than did the fans of the others.

Unless the producers develop a system where every viewer of the show gets only one vote (and they all use it), you can't state for certain that the result is even what a plurality, let alone a majority, of the fans wanted.
    I posted this in the Media thread last night. It's about the voting system. Until I read it, I hadn't known an independent group oversees everything.

A quote from producer Conrad Green:

And Green agrees that there's no stuffing of the virtual ballot-box, saying that the entire process – text votes, call-in votes and email votes – "is all overseen by the Broadcast Standards team, independent of us and the network to make sure that everything is absolutely done scrupulously."

I still think a lot of people split their votes between Jennifer and Brandy. They are on a similar skill level, and although I was voting for Kyle (for my reasons), if I were voting for them I would have had a hard time deciding which one.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

I wasn't surprised Brandy was eliminated, but I am disappointed/disgusted another great dancer was knocked out of the competition while Bristol gets to stay. I thought both Brandy and Maks handled their elimination speech well.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4110066;

People vote in elections as well. Voters make their selection quite often without knowing anything about what they're doing.

That's how it works. The majority speaks, always.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4110076;
    I posted this in the Media thread last night. It's about the voting system. Until I read it, I hadn't known an independent group oversees everything.

A quote from producer Conrad Green:

And Green agrees that there's no stuffing of the virtual ballot-box, saying that the entire process – text votes, call-in votes and email votes – "is all overseen by the Broadcast Standards team, independent of us and the network to make sure that everything is absolutely done scrupulously."

I still think a lot of people split their votes between Jennifer and Brandy. They are on a similar skill level, and although I was voting for Kyle (for my reasons), if I were voting for them I would have had a hard time deciding which one.
    Even if there is no "stuffing of the ballot boxes", people are still able to vote multiple times and via every phone line they have, as well as texting and using however many legitimate email addresses they have. Where one person may register 5 or 10 legitimate votes in total, another may register 30 or 40 (or more), and all of them are within the rules of the show. And again, lobbying your friends who don't even watch, which the show encourages, to do the same, further muddies the resulting waters. Not to mention that the majority of actual viewers still probably don't vote at all. I accept that this is the way the system works, and if somebody gets many more votes than the others, they probably win regardless of the dancing and the scores (which are usually too close to make that big of a difference). However, I reiterate that based on the way the system works legitimately, getting the most votes and winning does not necessarily mean that a majority of people agree with the decision.

It will be interesting to see if Bristol does win, what the results of the online polls they are sure to run will be. Last season, despite a lot of Nicole resentment, and disappointment in the outcome, I believe most voters acknowledged that she was a deserving winner in those polls.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;4109852;
    There seems to have been a good change in him - over the past couple of seasons - much more likeable these days - and I agree about how he is handling what is going on
    I know. I used to think of him as a chauvanist and a bit of a bully. I really however started liking him last season with Erin. I saw a softer side. Maybe he was always like that, maybe he's maturing, maybe I am just now seeing it. But whatever, I really love him now LOL and am glad to see his grace on the dance floor transfer to his dealings with the press.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4110085;
    Even if there is no "stuffing of the ballot boxes", people are still able to vote multiple times and via every phone line they have, as well as texting and using however many legitimate email addresses they have. Where one person may register 5 or 10 legitimate votes in total, another may register 30 or 40 (or more), and all of them are within the rules of the show. And again, lobbying your friends who don't even watch, which the show encourages, to do the same, further muddies the resulting waters. Not to mention that the majority of actual viewers still probably don't vote at all. I accept that this is the way the system works, and if somebody gets many more votes than the others, they probably win regardless of the dancing and the scores (which are usually too close to make that big of a difference). However, I reiterate that based on the way the system works legitimately, getting the most votes and winning does not necessarily mean that a majority of people agree with the decision.

It will be interesting to see if Bristol does win, what the results of the online polls they are sure to run will be. Last season, despite a lot of Nicole resentment, and disappointment in the outcome, I believe most voters acknowledged that she was a deserving winner in those polls.
    I agree. Even if the system works as it is supposed to, it still allows ONE individual to cast dozens of votes if not more. That is not a fair representation of the audience. Plus the fact that I could not get through on any phone lines at all in LA for the entire time alloted for voting this past week, so I was effectively disenfranchised. Is that fair?

+ Reply to Thread