+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

I love watching Maks and would love to see him win. I wish that Brandy had stayed under the radar for a couple of more years, and not agreed to do this show. If my actions were the cause of someone's death, I would have given the family of the victim a bit more time without my presence all over the media.

FORT Fogey

i am sure we know who is not voting for her.

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4066528;
    Brandy was married. She does have a daughter who was sitting with Ray J.
    Brandy has never been married. When she got pregnant with her daughter she was young and allowed people to believe she was married to her child's father for the sake of her career. They were never married. When they broke up the truth came out. She is currently a single mother and has been for a long time. Her mother, brother, and daughter were the ones in the audience supporting her.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;4066735;
    I love watching Maks and would love to see him win. I wish that Brandy had stayed under the radar for a couple of more years, and not agreed to do this show. If my actions were the cause of someone's death, I would have given the family of the victim a bit more time without my presence all over the media.
    My understanding is that the car accident happened almost 4 years ago, and Brandy has been pretty much out of the spotlight until now. How much is an acceptable amount of time for her to put her own life on hold or flagellate herself because of what happened, which was determined by the police to be not a crime, but a tragic accident? Five years? Ten? I'm sure that living with the guilt every day is a heavy burden for her, but the reports of what transpired that I read said she was never charged with any crime/negligence, no alcohol/drugs involved, and there were some extenuating circumstances as well.

It also appears that everyone that was involved, or knew someone involved in the accident sued Brandy, and I strongly suspect much of this was due to her being a celebrity and "rich". I seriously doubt all these lawsuits would have been filed had she been a nobody. I wasn't there and didn't witness it of course, but from what I've read it sounds like Brandy was scapegoated and bore the brunt of the blame in part because of who she was.

BRandy was in a very horrible car accident that was caused by negligence and not by alcohol or drugs.
    I was in a very similar car accident - same area - where a car behind me came at me at about 65 mph and I, as well as the the other drivers in front of me, had suddenly stopped.
    The driver behind me - a 78 year old man - caused the chain reaction to me and the cars in front. Fortunately, while I was pretty badly hurt and my car was totalled - I survived. The 78 year old driver who caused the accident never once said he was sorry to me, unlike Brandy who readily admitted her guilt and was extremely contrite.

I am very sorry that the woman driver passed away in that accident, but I do think it was a horrible accident and not one attributable to drink, drugs or texting. My heart goes out to the woman's family. Brandy will, undoubtedly, feel remorse for the rest of her life over it. I do think the survivor families in the accident did go overboard in their lawsuits due to Brandy's celenbrity. I'm not condoning or excusing Brandy's actions, by any means. I do hate it, however, when people seek monetary damages like these because they see a celebrity target. It does happen all the time out here.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4066824;
    My understanding is that the car accident happened almost 4 years ago, and Brandy has been pretty much out of the spotlight until now. How much is an acceptable amount of time for her to put her own life on hold or flagellate herself because of what happened, which was determined by the police to be not a crime, but a tragic accident? Five years? Ten? I'm sure that living with the guilt every day is a heavy burden for her, but the reports of what transpired that I read said she was never charged with any crime/negligence, no alcohol/drugs involved, and there were some extenuating circumstances as well.

I wasn't there and didn't witness it of course, but from what I've read it sounds like Brandy was scapegoated and bore the brunt of the blame in part because of who she was.

ironcat, I abbreviated some of your post, but thank you for sharing this info about the accident. Agreed. As much as I loved Erin and Maks, Maks can push Brandy a little bit harder than Erin; Brandy just has natural dance ability. I want them to go far. Everyone deserves a chance.

Hikari wrote: Indeed, the gentleman doth protest a bit much, maybe. Why 'refuse to discuss' something that isn't there? You just say, "It's a great idea but nah, nothing going on between us." and that's the end of it. Not that he does with Brandy either, necessarily, but Brandy has a more elegant/sexy aura as opposed to Erin, who, though beautiful was more tomboy/goofball. That allowed Maks to release HIS goofball side. Maybe trying to be 'studly' for a girly-girl is inhibiting some. But the partnership is very new with Brandy. I don't think it's personal discomfort, just professionalism that is keeping him more buttoned up with her. So far.
    LOL, you're telling me We could talk ad infinitum about Erin and Maks. Whatever it was, they were electric, and Maks was the most calm I ever saw him, which was probably due to Erin's spasticness. I do think that Brandy's a bit more diva-esque (in a good way), wants to win badly, and can pull off complicated choreography as a result. Without the showmance in the way (I do think that Erin's personal ordeal and Maks/Erin's possible romantic feelings for each other did interfere with the dancing), I think Brandy and Maks accomplish a LOT rather efficiently and could grab the mirrorball if they work on their chemistry a bit.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4066787;
    Brandy has never been married. When she got pregnant with her daughter she was young and allowed people to believe she was married to her child's father for the sake of her career. They were never married. When they broke up the truth came out. She is currently a single mother and has been for a long time. Her mother, brother, and daughter were the ones in the audience supporting her.

You are right. I remember when she did Oprah, she portrayed the father of her child as her husband, but later came out they were not married. My bad.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-23-2010 at 03:33 PM.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Who is John Galt?

Of course, Maks is my favorite and I still find it hard to notice his partner when they are dancing. But, Brandy seems like she learns quickly and has a lot of grace and good body movement. He got lucky again this year.

Brandy and Maks are going to be fun to watch as Brandy is talented and sassy! Great combination for her and Maks . . . . we are going to see some great performances and competition with these two! Maybe this is Mak's winning season! No matter what this bad boy does, I still love him! The season would be boring with out him!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Dancing's Maks: I'm Banking on Brandy's Stage Presence - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

Maks's blog for the week. I can't wait to see these two jive!

I remember when Brandy's accident happened. It was just that, a horrible accident, and I'm sure any lawsuit or public condemning or career ender wouldn't be as bad as knowing an accident she was involved in killed someone. I've always enjoyed Brandy, going way back to her Moesha days, and feel she has a good head on her shoulders compared with many in Hollywood. I think her brother's a little sleazy, but I tend to think that of those on the VH-1 reality show dating circuit.

LOL, you're telling me We could talk ad infinitum about Erin and Maks. Whatever it was, they were electric, and Maks was the most calm I ever saw him, which was probably due to Erin's spasticness. I do think that Brandy's a bit more diva-esque (in a good way), wants to win badly, and can pull off complicated choreography as a result. Without the showmance in the way (I do think that Erin's personal ordeal and Maks/Erin's possible romantic feelings for each other did interfere with the dancing), I think Brandy and Maks accomplish a LOT rather efficiently and could grab the mirrorball if they work on their chemistry a bit.
    I have to say it must get really tiring for the pros and celebs to have the focus be on who's hooking up. In the end, I don't know if anyone's ever completely satified with the response they get. Maks always struck me as wanting to keep his personal and professional lives seperate, and it surprised how media savy he became when he got with Karina (who I thought was more the media hound and opportunist). Whatever really happened with them behind the scenes is their business, but it will never change how much I enjoyed watching them together. I think they both obviously came in with baggage and helped each other.

+ Reply to Thread