+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4096126;
    Their dance tonight was hot on so many levels I liked Maks reeling Brandy in on saying she wants to win more than anyone. I think he gets saying something like that might not go over well with the viewing audience. Brandy really does want this, I can tell. I'm glad these two have found their stride and seem to be working and blending well together. I knew they would. I'm happy Len was a voice of reason on the panel. I don't know how I feel about deducting points for minor mistakes, but since these guys aren't consistant, I say whatever.

Good seeing Gilles, of course.
    Just from the reactions on this board, it's obvious that a comment like that never goes over well. However, I think it's a fallacy to assume that every celeb who participates wants to win equally as badly; for some, they are more interested in just enjoying themselves while getting positive publicity for their next career move. I do happen to think that Brandy, whether due to the need to redeem herself after her "fall from grace" over the last 4 years, or channeling how badly Maks wants to win (or a combination of the two), is one of, if not the most determined (or desperate) to win this season.

Comments like that don't go over well - but compared to some of Nicole's comments we know that it doesn't affect fan voting...they're messing with both Brandy and Jennifer's edits - are they trying to level the playing field by giving us negative content on both front runners??
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

When they were playing Gilles' version of the foxtrot, he blew a kiss to Carrie Ann as part of the dance. Said to my hubby, "No way will Maks blow a kiss to CA." I was right!

Dear Santa: All I want for Christmas is to dance with Maks for 30 seconds.

Frankly, I've had enough of Brandy's condescending attitude. She needs to go home already.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maks tweeted that next week they're dancing the waltz, and (the next "theme") this is the week they get the music 20 minutes before their dance.

Are the producers desperate for ideals this season or what? This whole music twenty minutes before the show is SO stupid, it's supposed to be about dancing not stupid gimmicks just to try and get ratings the show doesn't need.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

This season reminds me of season 9; the introduction of the marathon dance, 16 couples, relay dances, our last group dance, novelty dances like the two step, the last season of the dance off (where they had to learn a new dance for that), the team dances, girls/guys night of competition. Seemed like it was a season full of gimmicks, and then we had sanity restored in season 10. Hopefully the same happens in season 12.

I hope these two go all the way. I want Maks to have that mirrow ball so badly.

I would be so sweet if Brandy could get Maks his first Mirror Ball. I really want them to win, I know they can do it. I can't wait to see them do their thang this Monday. I smell a perfect score. (fingers crossed).

Quote Originally Posted by BittyBombsh;4098757;
    I would be so sweet if Brandy could get Maks his first Mirror Ball. I really want them to win, I know they can do it. I can't wait to see them do their thang this Monday. I smell a perfect score. (fingers crossed).
    If Brandy continues to perform the way she is capable of, I think she has a chance, especially if Jennifer (she's 50, you know!) starts to wear out somewhat from the added workload required in the next few weeks, and the producers/judges make sure that Bristol-voters aren't able to totally hijack the show all the way to an undeserved win for her. Right now, I am betting on an all-women F3, with Maks ultimately raising the trophy, while Derek and Mark take turns on each other's shoulders. However, I worry that there is a lot of antipathy towards Brandy (that I don't really get), causing people to, while acknowledging that she is good and deserving of winning, not want to support her. I just hope that she isn't overlooked by voters who assume she's a shoe-in, and as a result, becomes the next "shocking" elimination.

+ Reply to Thread