+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

A little look back since this is the music Brandy & Maks will be dancing to and honoring their guest judge Gilles Monday.

YouTube - Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Foxtrot

Add me to those of you who think this week/the team dances seem flawed/manipulated.

I also think Jennifer and Derek will win this season.

FORT Newbie

mkp - i think brandy and maks do have a shot at the trophy and i would love to see them take it. Bloomers - i don't know if you are a jennifer fan but i am hoping this is the beginning of the end for her....when it was down to her and audrina, i was really hoping she was going home. didn't happen. i know the producers picked her to win and i think it was carryann that made a comment about her being the favorite but i think brandy is doing much better. fluff - i have to agree with you about not liking the team dance. i think it would be better if both teams did the same dance to the same music and then see which one is better. they do two different dances and most of the times both teams will do good but one team gets criticized for something the other team did as well. i also don't like the marathon because i think every season its fixed. you can usually pretty much predict which order they will be called out in. veg_out - i don't think val will be joining the show in the near future. in one of the interviews he was asked about being there next season and he said probably not and then said you don't know what can happen. maks then jumped in and said they made an agreement that val would win 3 world titles and he has 2 now so he still owes maks 1 more and then he can do what he wants. i hope you are wrong about jennifer already winning but it does seem to be the case. but stranger things have happened in the past so we just have to hope for the same thing this season. in his blog he talks about the whole slapping thing....its from the movie couples retreat and he and brandy joke about it. if you go back and watch the clip of maks teaching laila the tango i think it was, he does slap her on the legs. carrie anne slapping maks wasn't the same thing being that the whole thing was a joke between maks and brandy. Tobi - they have had pros step in for another in the past....maks stepped in for derek with joanna but i know in one of his blogs or interviews he said if they can get through it they do it. he has a real shot with brandy so i don't think he would leave now. karalott - i don't think maks and brandy lost their shot at the mirror ball in week 1. i think they are very much in contention yet and hope they will win. i too remember tony being introduced as the bad boy of ballroom in his first season. i think it was when he was teaching stacy the tango she complained that something hurt and he told her he didn't care. i think maks is the tough teacher but i don't think he is arrogant....he said that a lot of times some people mistake confidence for arrogance. but in his interviews he comes across as very humble.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by carcutelea;4095301;
    mkp - i think brandy and maks do have a shot at the trophy and i would love to see them take it. Bloomers - i don't know if you are a jennifer fan but i am hoping this is the beginning of the end for her....when it was down to her and audrina, i was really hoping she was going home. didn't happen. i know the producers picked her to win and i think it was carryann that made a comment about her being the favorite but i think brandy is doing much better. fluff - i have to agree with you about not liking the team dance. i think it would be better if both teams did the same dance to the same music and then see which one is better. they do two different dances and most of the times both teams will do good but one team gets criticized for something the other team did as well. i also don't like the marathon because i think every season its fixed. you can usually pretty much predict which order they will be called out in. veg_out - i don't think val will be joining the show in the near future. in one of the interviews he was asked about being there next season and he said probably not and then said you don't know what can happen. maks then jumped in and said they made an agreement that val would win 3 world titles and he has 2 now so he still owes maks 1 more and then he can do what he wants. i hope you are wrong about jennifer already winning but it does seem to be the case. but stranger things have happened in the past so we just have to hope for the same thing this season. in his blog he talks about the whole slapping thing....its from the movie couples retreat and he and brandy joke about it. if you go back and watch the clip of maks teaching laila the tango i think it was, he does slap her on the legs. carrie anne slapping maks wasn't the same thing being that the whole thing was a joke between maks and brandy. Tobi - they have had pros step in for another in the past....maks stepped in for derek with joanna but i know in one of his blogs or interviews he said if they can get through it they do it. he has a real shot with brandy so i don't think he would leave now. karalott - i don't think maks and brandy lost their shot at the mirror ball in week 1. i think they are very much in contention yet and hope they will win. i too remember tony being introduced as the bad boy of ballroom in his first season. i think it was when he was teaching stacy the tango she complained that something hurt and he told her he didn't care. i think maks is the tough teacher but i don't think he is arrogant....he said that a lot of times some people mistake confidence for arrogance. but in his interviews he comes across as very humble.
    Jennifer is the better dancer, but I am beginning to think there might be a chance for Brandy to win this thing if she is not voted out first by the fans.

Why? Brandy may have the endurance, and Jennifer may not. That is what we don't know.

Jennifer at 50 is beginning to show the signs that we would expect and especially with the health problems that she has had.

Donnie was 51, but Donnie as a male was physically stronger to begin with, he had no physical problems of which we knew, and he was acclimated to a strenuous busy career in the entertainment industry.....
    and yet when we saw Donnie in the rehearsals, even he was very red in the face and physically struggling at times.

Can the 50 year-old Jennifer with the neck problems and back? problems who appears to be showing mental/emotional stress already at this stage make it through when it is going to get so much tougher?

It is pretty tough on the conditioned younger winners. Physically, can Jennifer do it? I simply don't know Jennifer well enough to say. To me that is an unknown.

On the other hand, although Brandy like many other musically talented people seems to be emotionally high strung at times, she is younger, and she appears to be physically stronger.
    Her fan base, I don't think, at this time is as strong as Jennifer's, though.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. It is my opinion that at this point the producers want a run-off between Jennifer and Brandy.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Their dance tonight was hot on so many levels I liked Maks reeling Brandy in on saying she wants to win more than anyone. I think he gets saying something like that might not go over well with the viewing audience. Brandy really does want this, I can tell. I'm glad these two have found their stride and seem to be working and blending well together. I knew they would. I'm happy Len was a voice of reason on the panel. I don't know how I feel about deducting points for minor mistakes, but since these guys aren't consistant, I say whatever.

Good seeing Gilles, of course.

Loved the dance!!!!!!! I thought Brandy had elegant lines and was sexy and sweet. I thought Maks was sexy, hot, had elegant lines, and that bit of wink he brings to the dance. I thought the two of them combined elevated the dance even better than Gilles/Cheryl IMO. I thought it was great and they looked good together. Loved the red & black. Maks looked hot and Brandy looked pretty. I forgive Gilles for giving them a 9. I saw his interview with the ABC affiliate and he said he wanted to give them a 12 but, when they had that minor misstep he got intimidated by seeing the other judges notice so he took a point off. Maks loved it!:

MaksimC: Soooooo proud of @4everBrandy tonight! Watched back our Foxtrot and I think its one of my best dances EVER!!!

Here's the interview including Gilles. I love what Brandy & Maks say about each other in this one. Glad he had her family's support when his grandmother died:

YouTube - Brandy, Maksim Chmerkovskiy Backstage Week 7

I like this one for the surprise on Brandy's face when Maks said Brandy was better than their best rehearsal. He's so proud!:

YouTube - Brandy & Maks Are 'Ecstatic' For Their 'Dancing' Performance

She's definitely giving Jennifer competition for the trophy - I'm not sure if she'll have the fan votes in the end - we'll see.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

She is my absolute favorite. Of course it doesn't hurt that she is dancing with my favorite pro male dancer
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

If Brandy and Maks don't get the encore, they'll be ROBBED. I wouldn't be surprised to see the judges give it to Rick and Cheryl, however. Yuck.

+ Reply to Thread