+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Here's a bit about how Brandy & Maks are doing on their Tango routine and getting Brandy into the attitude & emotion of the Tangobefore the show:

YouTube - Brandy and Maks on Their 'Hot-Cold' Relationship

P.S. Maks seems like he's doing better since his grandmother's death.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maks said the stage is going to be changed again tonight, and that he's a little worried about it. Hopefully we don't get any injuries

And the show is going to be two hours, according to my cable listing. I don't see why, the first 40 minutes of last week was a judges recap. What are they going to do this week to fill up the time? I hope ABC has something coming to fill the second hour, because 2 hours with so few couples is a lot, even with 2 dances.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4090288;
    Maks said the stage is going to be changed again tonight, and that he's a little worried about it. Hopefully we don't get any injuries

And the show is going to be two hours, according to my cable listing. I don't see why, the first 40 minutes of last week was a judges recap. What are they going to do this week to fill up the time? I hope ABC has something coming to fill the second hour, because 2 hours with so few couples is a lot, even with 2 dances.
    Well the marathon (and the endless buildup to it) should fill up a good deal of the time that the awful recaps filled last week.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4090293;
    Well the marathon (and the endless buildup to it) should fill up a good deal of the time that the awful recaps filled last week.
    Very true. I'm sure we'll get the fake drama of the couples crying over not being able to do it, they're going to stink, the pros storming out of rehearsals (and then they all wing it anyway), cut to a commercial, then a 5 minute spiel from Tom/Brooke about how the marathon dance works. So there's about 15 minutes, not counting the aftermath, or any backstage shots. And of course we'll probably be getting clips in between every couple's performance. So yeah, 40 minutes covered

I think they are annoucing Top 10 dances tonight so they will take up time.

Love this interview! Maks & Brandi are hilarious talking about marathon dance. Maks is so funny mimicking Brandy, "I can't move my legs", & talking about her peeking.

YouTube - Brandy Tops 'Dancing' Scoreboard Again

mkp
    FORT Newbie

WOW!! What a night for Brandy and Maksim!!!

Top dance and winning the marathon! Does anyone think that they may have a shot at the mirror ball trophy?!? Anyone?

It depends if Derek and Jennifer can get back on track. They may have a big push..but I think it could finally be down to two couples..Brandy/Maks and Derek/Jennifer.

This is turning out to be an interesting season after all!

I loved the show last night. It was fun to see the top ten dances of all time. I am glad the producers are trying to make the show more interesting by having changes from time to time...like the different stages and theme nights. Sometimes theme nights work, sometimes they don't, but last night worked well.

I think Kurt and Anna are going home. I was very surprised by Bristol - she nailed that Tango!

My guess is that Jennifer and Derek are not a lock for the disco ball, there’s room for more than just J/D at the top, Brandy is definitely showing what she’s made of and others also have the ability and (possible) fan bases to knock J/D out.

I’m not sure who Brandy’s fans are – nor am I sure who Jennifer’s are since she was relevant in the 80s – depends on who the voters are.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4091064;
    My guess is that Jennifer and Derek are not a lock for the disco ball, there’s room for more than just J/D at the top, Brandy is definitely showing what she’s made of and others also have the ability and (possible) fan bases to knock J/D out.

I’m not sure who Brandy’s fans are – nor am I sure who Jennifer’s are since she was relevant in the 80s – depends on who the voters are.
    Jennifer's nerves seem to be coming in to play. I believe that up to this week, it has been hers to win or lose; however, I think you are correct in that Brandy is steadily gaining strength.
    Jennifer still appears to be getting the larger popular vote, but if she can't get back on track, the judges's score will begin to take its toll. At some point, Jennifer will lose the edge, and Brandy will go into the overall lead.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4087406;
    [Maks and Erin are a mystery (perhaps I'll take my thoughts on them to their season 10 thread), but, yes, from their press, we're now getting that they never dated which very loudly conflicts with all the stuff they did during their season that screamed "We're DATING!" I also don't like to think too much about them agreeing to a showmance just for publicity's sake cuz I don't like what it makes me think about Erin or Maks and their quest for "fame." I like to think that some of their coyness about things stemmed from just sheer confusion on both their ends about their feelings for each other and knowing it would be too much on the line if they were to put it out there. We need an inside scooper, say, Derek or Evan or Niecy, to tell us the truth

I think Maks gets his playboy image from the fact that he doesn't ever have a girlfriend cuz he's never just tied to one girl....I hope I'm wrong about that.
    Interesting post! I too hope they weren't intentionally misleading us. Whatever it is - or was - we will never know for sure. And that's why I still think they are still keeping their friendship or whatever private. A reporter saw them kissing in the hallway at Tom Bergeron's birthday party last spring, where the two of them thought no one would see them. They do have chemistry. Maybe they just decided this was not going to be a forever thing and their careers right now were more important. I think both of them are at the age where they are looking for more permanence, right? I was glad to see Erin in the audience last night. I also wondered why Brandy ran over to hug her at the end of their individual dance.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

+ Reply to Thread