+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

Thanks veg out! I wondered if he said anything definite, so that's why I was hoping you could transcribe. I know Maks is a busy guy. I've heard Val has been offered to do the show, but has turned it down because he's still competing (and some have said he wouldn't compete against Maks-I don't know if that much is true). If Maks found "the one", got married, and had kids, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to stay close to wherever his family is. It's hard for Tony to leave his family to do DWTS, but he glows about his wife's encouragement to do it for his family. Maks talks very highly about his studios and always brings that up when people try to bring him down. I'm feeling like he and Brandy went into this season with high expectations of doing well and having a good, clear chance at winning, and it became obvious quickly that wasn't going to happen. I don't think it's anything about their partnership that's doing them in, but judging from Maks's blogs and interviews on his feelings of the season as a whole, I just think he may not like the direction it's taken.

He and Brandy are dancing first tonight

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4086507;
    Thanks veg out! I wondered if he said anything definite, so that's why I was hoping you could transcribe. I'm feeling like he and Brandy went into this season with high expectations of doing well and having a good, clear chance at winning, and it became obvious quickly that wasn't going to happen. I don't think it's anything about their partnership that's doing them in, but judging from Maks's blogs and interviews on his feelings of the season as a whole, I just think he may not like the direction it's taken.

He and Brandy are dancing first tonight
    Of course I agree with your insights. Perhaps they still felt good after week 1, but week 2, the ship just sailed. I'm passed the point of being concerned about their partnership; it works for them, I think.

Hey, if anyone has Twitter, can you check if Maks or Brandy has updated his/her status with their voting number? I noticed that many of the other pros and dancers have done so. (Sometimes, since I only read Twitter pages on the web, I have a lag on updates.)

I still think they'll make it through another 2 weeks, unless either one of them wants out early.

Good to see Maks is doing okay in the Extra video interview of them at The Grove. Especially since it was done the day after his grandmother passed. Cute the thing about the birthdays with Ray J & Maks and Maks mother & Brandy!

YouTube - Brandy and Maks: Why Can't We Be 'Friends'?

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4086559;
    Hey, if anyone has Twitter, can you check if Maks or Brandy has updated his/her status with their voting number? I noticed that many of the other pros and dancers have done so. (Sometimes, since I only read Twitter pages on the web, I have a lag on updates.)

I still think they'll make it through another 2 weeks, unless either one of them wants out early.
    Here you go, Veg_out:

@MakismC and I are up first tonight on DWTS!!! Don't miss it tweet hearts VOTE VOTE VOTE for us! 1-800-868-3406 thank you in advance!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4086571;
    Here you go, Veg_out:

@MakismC and I are up first tonight on DWTS!!! Don't miss it tweet hearts VOTE VOTE VOTE for us! 1-800-868-3406 thank you in advance!!!!

Thank you!

Poor Maksi! Glad to know Brandy helped him through this difficult week. Can tell in interviews it's till difficult for him and Brandy dealing with his grandmother's death. Especially in 2 interview with Access Hollywood. Hope they do well next week with 2 dances.

YouTube - 'The Insider' Backstage Week 5

YouTube - Brandy Battles Her Way To The Top On 'Dancing'

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I loved in the AH video, when Shaun mentioned Maks and his brother both doing a season of The Bachelor, how he seemed to lose his train of thinking I think we'd see cat fights and sabotage like never before on a dating show if they ever did that.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4087250;
    I loved in the AH video, when Shaun mentioned Maks and his brother both doing a season of The Bachelor, how he seemed to lose his train of thinking I think we'd see cat fights and sabotage like never before on a dating show if they ever did that.
    Maks is never allowed to be The Bachelor per my edict I wish he'd been more coherent in his response to that question; what I think he intended to say was that the show couldn't handle the two of them, but it came across as that there weren't enough eligible women for the two of them I don't see that guy having any problems finding the right girl when he decides that he wants to find the right woman. If he hasn't already found her ..... I found it interesting that he brought up Erin in this interview when they were talking about his tattoo.....

Ever a shipper

P.S. I was thinking of you and chrisg this AM when I saw the dance. I LOVE! his new hair. Harkens back to season 5 Maks He looked adorable I dug both last week and this week's dances. Good on them!

mkp
    FORT Newbie

Hi. I'm new here. I have been lurking for awhile and have enjoyed reading all the posts on this Maks and Brandy thred! I have been a fan of Maksim since 2006.

Some random comments on topics discussed herein:

Maks and Brandy Partnership - it's obvious there was something not quite right in the beginning with them. I think it was the fact that Brandy obviously has a little crush on Maks (who could ever forget her tweet "He would make such a hot boyfriend"). I think he felt a bit uncomfortable with that and didn't know how to handle it. But they've worked it out. It's been a rough season for him for sure. But he and Brandy make a good team and I enjoy all their dances. I think they'll be around for awhile. No win though. That goes to Jennifer and Derek.

Maks and Erin - here are two people who willfully mis-led the public about their relationship to gain publicity. It's rather shocking actually, and kind of surprising Maksim would something like that. I have no idea what they expected to gain from it. What really surprised me was the totally misleading article in People - a magazine I thought I could trust with the truth. Oh well. Any backlash they receive from this from fans is expected, and they really have no reason to whine about it.

Maks and women - I have been following him (more or less) since his first days on DWTS and really, when you think about it, with the glaring exception of Karina, he has never had a girlfriend - not one he's gone public with (showmances don't count). We all know all the men Karina has dated in the last few years (Savlik, Mario, Maksim, Brad); but Mak's love life has remained a mystery. I don't know how he does it. He can't do anything in L.A. as the paps are all over him, but back home perhaps he has someone tucked away. It's really kind of weird. I cannot believe he hasn't dated anyone in the year since he and Karina broke up.

I felt bad for him last night, having to go through the paces after the loss of his grandmother. He did a good job. I think he's going to be rather subdued the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mkp;4087394;
    Hi. I'm new here. I have been lurking for awhile and have enjoyed reading all the posts on this Maks and Brandy thred! I have been a fan of Maksim since 2006.

Some random comments on topics discussed herein:

Maks and Brandy Partnership - it's obvious there was something not quite right in the beginning with them. I think it was the fact that Brandy obviously has a little crush on Maks (who could ever forget her tweet "He would make such a hot boyfriend"). I think he felt a bit uncomfortable with that and didn't know how to handle it. But they've worked it out. It's been a rough season for him for sure. But he and Brandy make a good team and I enjoy all their dances. I think they'll be around for awhile. No win though. That goes to Jennifer and Derek.

Maks and Erin - here are two people who willfully mis-led the public about their relationship to gain publicity. It's rather shocking actually, and kind of surprising Maksim would something like that. I have no idea what they expected to gain from it. What really surprised me was the totally misleading article in People - a magazine I thought I could trust with the truth. Oh well. Any backlash they receive from this from fans is expected, and they really have no reason to whine about it.

Maks and women - I have been following him (more or less) since his first days on DWTS and really, when you think about it, with the glaring exception of Karina, he has never had a girlfriend - not one he's gone public with (showmances don't count). We all know all the men Karina has dated in the last few years (Savlik, Mario, Maksim, Brad); but Mak's love life has remained a mystery. I don't know how he does it. He can't do anything in L.A. as the paps are all over him, but back home perhaps he has someone tucked away. It's really kind of weird. I cannot believe he hasn't dated anyone in the year since he and Karina broke up.

I felt bad for him last night, having to go through the paces after the loss of his grandmother. He did a good job. I think he's going to be rather subdued the rest of the season.

mkp, welcome!!! I really enjoyed your post.

At this point, yes, I am now enjoying the Maks and Brandy partnership. Very interesting idea that perhaps the awkwardness was due to Brandy having a crush. Either that or the show wanted to push another showmance as a possible angle for Maks to win the MBT. More of me attributes their "strife" to two egos vying for control, and now, they finally figured out what works, some of which was Brandy calming down. I do think that Maks talked to her about interviewing.

Maks and Erin are a mystery (perhaps I'll take my thoughts on them to their season 10 thread), but, yes, from their press, we're now getting that they never dated which very loudly conflicts with all the stuff they did during their season that screamed "We're DATING!" I also don't like to think too much about them agreeing to a showmance just for publicity's sake cuz I don't like what it makes me think about Erin or Maks and their quest for "fame." I like to think that some of their coyness about things stemmed from just sheer confusion on both their ends about their feelings for each other and knowing it would be too much on the line if they were to put it out there. We need an inside scooper, say, Derek or Evan or Niecy, to tell us the truth

I think Maks gets his playboy image from the fact that he doesn't ever have a girlfriend cuz he's never just tied to one girl....I hope I'm wrong about that.

mkp, welcome!!! Hope you enjoy it here.

+ Reply to Thread