+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 505

Thread: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

  1. #141
    FORT Fogey veg_out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4083355;
    Hmm, bit of a stretch, lol. Brandy didn't see Mike (The Situation) storm off so she was trying to be empathetic and polite. Maks doesn't like Mike. He was dissing Mike in another interview the other day saying how at least his abs were real and Brandy was trying to cover his mouth to keep him from saying it on camera, lol. Maks has no epathy or tolerance for Mike and thinks Brandy is better than Mike anyday. So, he shushed her when she tried to compare and say she would probably react the same way. Maks has a high opinion of Brandy. No big deal, they are cool.


    It's my opinion that, compared with Maks and his former partners, this partnership, despite whatever comes out of either of their mouths, is not the best. From my perspective, there's no gleam in their eyes or ease of interaction. That's just my perspective.

    Mak's empathy did not just stop at Mike. Brandy asked him (paraphrased) "Can you, at least, understand why I wouldn't want to be here [the press line post-elimination]?" Maks said firmly, "No." He also corrected her in another interview (KABC) for calling the quickstep "a step" and not "a dance." From my standpoint, Brandy looked uncomfortable in that interview, too.

    He's not laughing when he's doing either thing.

    We can just disagree on this partnership. I do hope that it has everything to do with Karina and Mike being on the show, and now that they're gone, Maks will chill and be happy-go-lucky again.

  2. #142
    FORT Fogey nikkij_26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    houston, tx
    Posts
    1,615

    Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4083381;
    It's my opinion that, compared with Maks and his former partners, this partnership, despite whatever comes out of either of their mouths, is not the best. From my perspective, there's no gleam in their eyes or ease of interaction. That's just my perspective.

    Mak's empathy did not just stop at Mike. Brandy asked him (paraphrased) "Can you, at least, understand why I wouldn't want to be here [the press line post-elimination]?" Maks said firmly, "No." He also corrected her in another interview (KABC) for calling the quickstep "a step" and not "a dance." From my standpoint, Brandy looked uncomfortable in that interview, too.

    He's not laughing when he's doing either thing.

    We can just disagree on this partnership. I do hope that it has everything to do with Karina and Mike being on the show, and now that they're gone, Maks will chill and be happy-go-lucky again.


    Perfectly fine to disagree. I've seen both interviews. I was giving my own perspective. I know Brandy, her mannerisms, personality, and how she acts. I know Maks' too though not for as long. So, I was giving my different take which is what FORT is about.


    Last edited by nikkij_26; 10-13-2010 at 03:37 PM.

  3. #143
    FORT Fogey veg_out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11


  4. #144
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

    I don't think Maks not laughing is a sign that he's not happy. I've seen him do that before when it's obvious he's kidding. Maybe Brandy is too high strung. I still think he and Brandy are a lot alike, and that Brandy is used to doing things her way, that it might cause them to butt heads. I am seeing more of the diva side people accused Brandy off pre-show, though I'm still a fan. I think she'll eventually be responsible for her demise on the show, but I'm still rooting for them and they're getting my votes (along with Kurt/Anna).

    Maks didn't like Mike before he was cast on this season. I don't know whether that pec flexing or storming out of confessionals was for real or staged, but Maks might have felt uncomfortable for Karina or just thought the whole thing was embarrassing. Maks has always taken great pride in dancing and making sure it's properly represented on this show, and since he thought he'd have a shot at the mirrorball this season but that disappeared night one, maybe he's just ready for the next season to begin.

  5. #145
    FORT Fogey ChelsieFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

    Their dancing has been good and I do think they like each other but there is conflict there as well. She is prob the partner he's had who is most like him. She's not a bad person nor is he but both are a little mouthy and tempermental so it leads to a little bit of a clash. I don't think it goes into dislike or hate territory at all. I do notice her covering his mouth at times and I think she gets worried he will tick off judges and fans and hurt them. I can understand that. Maks however knows the deal and understands fans are important to the outcome so he will never cross into Jake territory.

  6. #146
    FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

    One thing about Maks' attitude this season is that I think we're judging this partnership against the one he had with Erin. It seems that he, at the very least, had a crush on Erin and they became pretty tight as friends during the season. Because he and Brandy don't have that same connection doesn't mean there's trouble between them.
    I can totally understand him being frustrated this season about uneven scoring and the producers putting together a package that tries to create drama and places him in a bad light.
    Also, I think it's interesting that out of the pro dancers in the aforementioned video discussing Mike's walking out, the only pro who empathizied and felt he could see it and relate was Derek who showed a total lack of maturity the season (with Shannon, I think) when he ranted in confessional about their score. Later he admitted he went too far and actually, that's when I began to dislike Derek.
    The dancers with more maturity (as well as all the other celebs on that video with the exception of Brandy,) said they knew they were being judged and they understood that was part of the show. Walking out was pretty childish.

  7. #147
    FORT Fogey veg_out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4083584;
    One thing about Maks' attitude this season is that I think we're judging this partnership against the one he had with Erin. It seems that he, at the very least, had a crush on Erin and they became pretty tight as friends during the season. Because he and Brandy don't have that same connection doesn't mean there's trouble between them.

    The dancers with more maturity (as well as all the other celebs on that video with the exception of Brandy,) said they knew they were being judged and they understood that was part of the show. Walking out was pretty childish.
    My only experience of Maks is Season 10, so, I totally agree that it's my baseline for who Maks is, how Maks is supposed to behave, and what Maks does. From this thread and from his long time fans, I'm learning that this season's Maks has been the norm. I don't know him well enough to just brush it off; that's why I think I'm having a hard time

    Ever since the two weeks of really horrid packages, I've actually liked Brandy's interviews. Growing up, I even went to one of her concerts. I've always liked her. Maybe it's the dynamic between them that I'm not keen on. I can't figure it out

    Yes, I think that Maks and Brandy know that they're not gonna win unless Jennifer somehow has to bow out or whatever, so at this point, I'd expect them to relax. It's gotta be rough for anyone left on the show knowing that the mirrorball is already won. That's why I just have a sneaking suspicion that a very surprise elimination will happen that will take out the frontrunner and leave the more equal competitors behind.

    I'm probably just wishfully thinking

  8. #148
    FORT Fogey ChelsieFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

    I'd crap a brick if Grey went in a surpise elimination down the line. It would even the field that's for sure. Right now I look at finale as only having two open slots and Grey already penned in. I've felt that way since before season even started.

  9. #149
    FORT Fogey ChelsieFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

    I read Maks's grandma died. Sending thoughts and prayers.

  10. #150
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    42

    Re: Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4083584;
    Also, I think it's interesting that out of the pro dancers in the aforementioned video discussing Mike's walking out, the only pro who empathizied and felt he could see it and relate was Derek who showed a total lack of maturity the season (with Shannon, I think) when he ranted in confessional about their score. Later he admitted he went too far and actually, that's when I began to dislike Derek.
    Ha. I was thinking that maybe the reason Derek is saying that he can empathize is because he too remembers his season with Shannon, and realizes that he would be a total hypocrite if he criticized the Situation for doing the same thing. At least the Situation didn't insult any of the other couples!

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.