Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

WOW!!

They get paid that much for doing DWTS!
    Yikes.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33;4116839;
    Bristol made over $345,000 dollars doing DWTS and she makes $35,000 per speaking engagement.

It sure does beat being a receptionist...
    can I ask how you come to that figure?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4114127;
    Bristol said last week on her facebook or twitter that the "haters were out to destroy". I realize she's 20, but sometimes I wonder who's forgetting it's a cheesy little dance show. I'm only a few years older than Bristol; the show really gave her more credit than she deserved. I know it's not easy being in the spotlight and having people attack you, but point is, when you're in the spotlight, and there for the reasons she is, people are going to criticize and you have to learn that not everyone is going to love you. Not everyone is going to like her on this show, but it doesn't mean they hate the woman. Frankly, she's lucky she got this far, because without the Palin last name and the controversy, she would have been gone before Florence. She and Mark looked as though they were expecting to go out in 3rd last night, and dare I say Mark looked relieved? I think he had to know deep down what Bristol winning would do.

I thought it was uncalled for, and unprofessional, for a producer of the show to actually say Bristol's a better technical dancer than Kyle just to try and justify why she's still here I'm just glad the season is over, and hopefully next is much better cheesiness and fluff. If Bristol wants to stick around in entertainment, she needs a thicker skin, and needs to realize not everyone disliking her has political motives. I didn't dislike her on this show for that, she just stunk as a dancer and the fact her fans gloated over taking out better dancers, plus her attitude and comments over the last couple of weeks, were it for me. Next to the term "haters", I also hate the excuse she's a young kid so she doesn't know any better.
    As to where in entertainment and in what capacity she could actually bring some value, besides the curiosity generated by her last name, I can't even imagine. She is not particularly bright, articulate or charismatic, and either has a very dull personality or is so shy and uncomfortable in front of the camera that she shuts down completely. I actually don't think she or any of the Palins have much respect for the "entertainment industry" in general, as they find it a bastion of liberalism, and I sensed Bristol's disdain for the whole show business experience often, particularly in the moments when she was repeatedly implored by Mark (and Bruno) to let loose and embrace it, which she refused to do, and which most probably explains her inability to ever ratchet up her performance quotient. I think the only thing she truly embraced of the whole experience was the money, and suspect that if she could have gotten paid without having to do anything, she would have been happier. Her lack of enthusiasm throughout spoke volumes.

FORT Fanatic

Who wouldn't be happy getting paid $345,000 without having to do anything? Holy cow!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Who Thinks Sarah Palin Forced Bristol to Do Dancing With the Stars? - E! Online

Who Thinks Sarah Palin Forced Bristol to Do Dancing With the Stars? Today 5:20 PM PST by Natalie Finn

One more conspiracy theory for the road.

Did Sarah Palin make daughter Bristol go on Dancing With the Stars to win America's collective heart in time for a presidential run in 2012?

Well, that's what Margaret Cho says she heard.

"I heard from someone who really should know (really should seriously know the dirt really really) that the only reason Bristol was on the show was because Sarah Palin forced her to do it," Bristol's onetime fellow contesant wrote on her blog yesterday, in an entry titled "Pistol Whipped."

"Sarah supposedly blames Bristol harshly and openly (in the circles that I heard it from) for not winning the election, and so she told Bristol she 'owed' it to her to do DWTS so that 'America would fall in love with her again' and make it possible for Sarah Palin to run in 2012 with America behind her all the way," Cho continued. "Instead of being supposedly 'handicapped' by the presence of her teen mom daughter, now Bristol is going to be an 'asset'—a celebrity beloved for her dancing."

This theory, plus the one about Mama Grizzly's Tea Party supporters stacking the vote in Bristol's favor (until it really counted, anyway), equals yuck all around.

Cho, who was eliminated third, says she's sure ("but who knows anything really") ABC wasn't in on the mother-daughter pressure cooker and that Bristol herself is a "warm and incredibly supportive" person.

No, the comedian's claws are obviously out for Bristol the Pistol's mom.

"Now I am scared I am going to wake up with a decapitated moose head in my bed," Cho quipped.
    Considering the source (Margaret), I'm not sure I believe it. However, given my new opinion of the Palin's and the craziness of the Palin Party, I wouldn't put it past them, either. If I believed the above, it makes me laugh that Sarah thinks Bristol cost her the election, and that her being on DWTS, plus her critically panned reality show, would do anything to boost her favor. I guess if this is true we'll see Willow being forced onstage for some dog and pony show after her gay slurs went public from facebook.

Willow already is being forced out for a dog and pony show........but that's the topic of another thread.

Bristol lasted far longer than she should have although some of her dances were not bad at all.

I am going to choose to believe that this started as a cocktail party joke and morphed. Or maybe suggestion for an article in The Onion.

I think it was tacky for Margaret Cho to foster its development and urge it on to a larger life.

As much as I dislike Sarah Palin, I just will not buy this one. It is time to leave Bristol alone. She didn't win. It is a tv show. She is a 20 year old, unwed mother with a minimum wage job. She has enough on her plate without stories like these. Let her go back to Alaska with her baby and hope she stays there.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;4118243;
    I am going to choose to believe that this started as a cocktail party joke and morphed. Or maybe suggestion for an article in The Onion.

I think it was tacky for Margaret Cho to foster its development and urge it on to a larger life.

As much as I dislike Sarah Palin, I just will not buy this one. It is time to leave Bristol alone. She didn't win. It is a tv show. She is a 20 year old, unwed mother with a minimum wage job. She has enough on her plate without stories like these. Let her go back to Alaska with her baby and hope she stays there.
    Not hardly. She made at least $345K for DWTS and makes at least $15k per speaking engagement.
    Dancing With The Stars - How Much Did Bristol Palin Make on DWTS?
    Bristol Palin Signs Deal For Up To $30,000 Per Speech

If that's minimum wage, then sign me up!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It wouldn't shock me if there was some pressure for Bristol to go on DWTS but it's something best left unsaid even if true. I do remember stories about Bristol being second choice to Todd. That I 100% believe.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4118343;
    It wouldn't shock me if there was some pressure for Bristol to go on DWTS but it's something best left unsaid even if true. I do remember stories about Bristol being second choice to Todd. That I 100% believe.
    Rumors are already circulating that the show wants Todd next season, which will make me wonder if maybe Sarah has something on the producers if that happens. His claim to fame besides being a Palin is what again? I know it's too much to wish for, but I really hope they steer clear of anymore politicial types. Or at the very least make sure those bragging online about rigging the votes are actually watching or get tripped up. Lindsay Lohan is another rumor going around for next season (that rumor's been around practically every season for the last few; truthfully I cringe more at seeing her money grubbing fame hungry parents back in the spotlight, getting rich off her troubles). The spring editions have typically been my favorites over the fall, so here's hoping next spring doesn't let me down.

I don't know whether there's a sliver of truth or not as to whether Sarah forced Bristol to do the show; I really don't believe it. I do think it was tacky of Margaret to post it, but if she's bitter, I can't say I blame her. She wasn't going to win, or probably make it far, but Bristol took out a slew of better dancers in her path.

+ Reply to Thread