+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Oh, I don't think so.

Moreover, if you were to ask a couple of my friends that were voting for Jennifer until recently (and now hoping that Bristol or Kyle win), they would tell you that sentiment is effectively what Brandy communicated throughout the entire season.

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4110948;
    How she handles the post show interviews Wednesday is what I'm looking forward to. Obviously they're going to have to address the scandal that surrounded her sticking around. I don't know if Bristol will take to winning bad. Being called 'the worst winner ever' probably won't sit well, but she'll have her mirrorball, and any opportunities the show gives her (which may or may not have to do with her Palin status). Going out in 3rd, if the judges really stick it to her, and she gets scores she doesn't agree with, and she really believes she's the one getting a raw deal, and really thought she was going to win? Yeah, I don't think she'll take it very well. We may see more emotion from her in that moment than we have all season. I'm sure the audience will be encouraged to give her a standing O. If she won, I'm more curious the reaction in the ballroom. The standing O may not be for effort I'm wondering how Mark will take it, and whether he'll really unleash after the season.

I didn't know that the Palin's new show was a Mark Burnett production. I read elsewhere on the site that not only did the show want Sarah, but also Todd? I guess Bristol was as far down the chain they could go while maintaining a sliver of credibility that she was a star.
    ---Given the reaction last week, when Bristol outlasted Brandy, if she were to win the thing, the show might have a real problem with audience reaction. Even Derek couldn't keep his jaw from dropping last week, and the audience was restive, to put it mildly. If she wins, I can't imagine there not being some booing, since there was last week, but the more interesting reaction by far would be dead silence.

And I'd really hate to be in Tom's position should she win, because Brooke will just stand there smiling glassily while he'll be stuck trying to come up with something clever to say. That usually isn't a problem for Tom, but given the situation, he'd have to his hands full trying to figure out an appropriate quip.

Doesn't anybody actually look at the dancing anymore?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Yes some of us do look at the dancing...so neither Bristol nor Kyle deserves to be in the finals. Where does that leave us? No where.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4109465;
    Happens every season – and it wouldn’t shock me if they decided to continue with children of political figures. I do believe Bristol brought even more controversy than Kate did. And it wouldn’t shock me to see a crossover to the Bachelorette, starring Ms. Palin.
    I don't think so unless they decide to go sans alcohol. Bristol Palin just turned 20. They would have to wait a year to do it, and I would think if they were going to segue her appearance here to the B'ette, they would want to strike while the iron is hot.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4111028;
    Doesn't anybody actually look at the dancing anymore?
    I am not sure we ever had on this show. Look at Kelly Monaco vs. John, Emmett vs. Mario, Helio vs. Mel etc. We vote for who we like. Sometimes we make the right choices sometimes we don't but this isn't new to DWTS. Sometimes the judges make such a difference in the scores to all but negate the voting base to make the ringer win (as they probably should on talent) and sometimes they make the scores close to even and let America decide. Either way there will be fans happy and fans angry saying they won't watch again. We always come back for more.

Go Bristol! But I would enjoy tonight if any of them won, these were my favorite three from the beginning.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by sadams;4110962;
    The judges have yet "to give it to her" in my opinion. They score her very similar to the others. She even had the same score as one of Brandy's dances last week. I wish they would explain that.

I'm going on (Bad) memory here, but didn't Brandy have a 59 and Bristol have a 53 last week? And Palin was so overscored for her spinning and posing with arm-in-the-air moves.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4111212;
    I'm going on (Bad) memory here, but didn't Brandy have a 59 and Bristol have a 53 last week? And Palin was so overscored for her spinning and posing with arm-in-the-air moves.
    There was only a 4 point difference in scores (57 to 53), and they received the same score for their respective pasos, which is what I found ridiculous. I would like to have seen, although it would never happen, Bristol attempt Brandy's choreography and vice versa, and see whether the judges would have found the ladies' efforts comparable then. Perhaps Maks should have just dumbed down the routine, so Brandy could have scored a perfect 30 for posing, stomping and swirling her skirt.
    Last edited by ironcat; 11-22-2010 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4111216;
    There was only a 4 point difference in scores (57 to 53), and they received the same score for their respective pasos, which is what I found ridiculous. I would like to have seen, although it would never happen, Bristol attempt Brandy's choreography and vice versa, and see whether the judges would have found the ladies' efforts comparable then. Perhaps Maks should have just dumbed down the routine, so Brandy could have scored a perfect 30 for posing, stomping and swirling a cape.
    that's what I'd like to see - or have 1 routine for the same dances that the couples have to dance to so it's easier for us lay people to really see the differences in the dances. Admittedly I've not watched one entire show this season - but I will tonight, the freestyles should tell the story. It's like the producers don't think the audience is intelligent enough to see the differences in the dances.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

It's annoying to me that the judges seem to not take the difficulty of the routine into account when scoring, but Len in particular will dock points if there isn't enough content specific to the dance type.
    He docked Nicole last season and Kyle this because of the choreography.
    There should be some acknowledgement of the degree of difficulty of the routine.
    If you dance a simple routine perfectly should you get a higher score than someone who dances an intricate and advanced routine but makes a small error? IMO, no, you shouldn't.
    I wish I could recell the scores from the week where the judges gave technical marks too. I think CA gave Bristol and Mark a 4. That's what she should have gotten from all the judges for at least one of her dances this season (i.e The Monkees).
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread