+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Nah...it's not political. lol

Shameful they make that car comment in regards to Brandy. That isn't something to joke about as someone lost their life. How classless.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4108180;
    I don't take gossip as gold. I read the article that MFW originally posted in the Media thread and it has links to some of the actual sites pushing for this. Such as the link back to this one taken directly from the article:
    I went to this site. This is not a reputable political site. It's some guys from Chicago blogging about politics - their version - and restaurants. There are thousands of sites like this, espousing all political views. I'm not going to take this as gospel. If you look around I'll bet you can find another one that takes the opposite approach completely.

IMO serious DWTS viewers should ignore stuff like this.

Whatever happens, at this point, I doubt Bristol will go back to Wasilla right away. I wasn't a big Mark fan, but I admire the way he's worked with her. She's probably had to lean on him a lot. Just think of the horrible things being said about her. How can she not hurt from all of that? Maybe I'd feel different if I wasn't around kids her age.

Do I think she deserves to be in the finals? Maks said it all. IMO it's a popularity contest. Do I think she deserves to win? No. Jennifer is the better dancer, and Kyle's worked harder.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

I didn't say it was reputable. It is anything but. It is a hack political site that many people of those political views follow and there are many, many exactly like it.

If there are others that idolize Palin but urge 'Please only vote for Bristol if you love her dancing but don't interject politics into this' please post them.

I have no interest in looking around further as I am now putting this thread on ignore.

We have been asked not to personally bicker and it continues to happen over and over to anyone who dares to post anything critical in the Bristol Palin thread.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4108104;
    I heard Mark mention something about her missing her boyfriend, so I'm going to assume no. I think Mark is single, and I thought Bristol was, too, but apparently not. Though who knows, if they want to parlay a showmance they could very well hook up. Mark's impressed me to a point this season with how protective he's been, and apparently he'll really need to be her shield going into next week. I can't imagine the audience reaction if Kyle/Jennifer go out third I'm already figuring on a Bristol victory, but the editing will tell next week. I think the show is feeling the pressure and probably don't want her winning.

Where they lose me is when I start hearing them say they deserve it most, have worked harder, are the only couple to actually practice on Mondays...it's that sense of entitlement that has really turned me off to these two (not to mention she can't dance).
    Did you miss Brandy's comments about herself then?!?
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4108184;
    Nah...it's not political. lol

Shameful they make that car comment in regards to Brandy. That isn't something to joke about as someone lost their life. How classless.
    Just want to say that the hillbuzz people are Hillary Clinton supporters who thought the Democratic party didn't give Hillary a fair shake in the 2008 election. They've turned on the Democratic party. I don't really get why they're so hot on voting for Bristol -- seems like their energy could be better spent elsewhere.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;4108214;
    Did you miss Brandy's comments about herself then?!?
    No, but I did see Maks tell her that she wasn't the only one who wanted it. I believe Brandy wanted it badly. She had it on her face. She admitted she tried too hard and concentrated too much in the beginning before finding her groove and relaxing. I never saw them say to the media they were the best, the most improved, that they deserved to win and be there. Bristol was designated the show's underdog/most improved, which is nothing new for someone to fill that slot, but usually I agree. Kyle came in with more of a disadvantage because no one knew who the heck he was, and Lacey isn't exactly everyone's favorite (I can't stand her, but could live with her winning if it meant Kyle did). She believes that hype, and the fact they have to repeat it every week (the judges/producers) as well as put it out there in the media, makes me wonder if they believe it. It's her story, and they're trying to justify why she's there. Of course, we're all talking about her, so it's giving the show what they want, and I'm sure the headaches to come are worth it right now for the producers. Bristol's coming off very entitled to me. We'll see how long she stays 'real' in Alaska vs coming to the 'fake' Hollywood.

Bristol has a web ad with The Situation. Bristol gets to push abstinence and The Situation whips out his condoms. Kind of cute ad but of course the word situation is said a lot. He also mentions that the word ab is in abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2;4108340;
    Bristol has a web ad with The Situation. Bristol gets to push abstinence and The Situation whips out his condoms. Kind of cute ad but of course the word situation is said a lot. He also mentions that the word ab is in abstinence.
    wouldn't the whole abstinence thing have more weight coming from somebody who actually practiced it?? this whole "Palin" thing is really getting nauseating and the campaign hasn't even started in earnest yet
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4108348;
    wouldn't the whole abstinence thing have more weight coming from somebody who actually practiced it?? this whole "Palin" thing is really getting nauseating and the campaign hasn't even started in earnest yet
    It's the old: do as I say, not as I do. Not a good thing because it contains the wrong message. Never works.

I think the judges have been intimidated about judging Bristol by the same standards they'd apply to most any other contestant. I've seen them rake many a contestant over the coals and give them scores of 5, 6, 7 many times for performances that were as good as anything I've seen Bristol do, or even better. Yes, she has improved a lot -- so do a lot of contestants. But if DWTS were a "most improved" contest, people like Kristi Yamaguchi, Melissa Rycroft, Apolo Ono, and Shawn Johnson would never have won and Mario Lopez and Evan Lysacek would never have made the finals.
    Up till this season the judges have seemed to be pretty fair and tough in their critiques and scores during the last few weeks, when the field narrowed down to the better dancers. But they've been really overscoring and overpraising Bristol recently. While she's improved a lot in getting the steps down, what she lacks is not just "emotional connection." Compared to the good dancers, her body is stiff and a bit awkward, and her lines are not elegant, even when she does the steps right.

I feel really bad for the better dancers who have been sent home, not just because of the concerted effort of the Palin family fans to vote for Bristol, but because the judges have overscored her to the point where it doesn't take a lot of fan activity to put her over the top. If she wins this year -- and I predict that she will - I think DWTS will have totally jumped the shark and lost and remnant of credibility as a dancing show.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

+ Reply to Thread