+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4107981;
    Let's start at 1:30 of this video: YouTube - An Anti-Bullying Message From the NOH8 Campaign

about the use of the word "gay" as an adjective. In the Palin girls' comments to these kids, they were using the word to insult this kid. It's classless and disrespectful.

I just don't understand why everything this girl does gets explained away.
    It's because class, respect and grace are not concepts known by Bristol. And how could she know them...she has no role model to show this to her.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4107966;
    I don't think Sarah Palin will run for president. ..... But no, we don't want Sarah to run for president, no way!
    Please, can we get some sort of written guarantee of this? Just kidding!

I'm really looking forward to Bristol's freestyle. It will be a very amusing trainwreck!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jewels2312;4108051;
    Are Bristol and Mark dating? The "luv you" "luv you" between the two of them just before their last dance number had me wondering. Or maybe it was a friendly love you?

I know they were both asked this on Ellen, and they both denied it. But he seems very affectionate with her and protective of her. It wouldn't be the 1st time a dancing team became a couple on this show.
    I heard Mark mention something about her missing her boyfriend, so I'm going to assume no. I think Mark is single, and I thought Bristol was, too, but apparently not. Though who knows, if they want to parlay a showmance they could very well hook up. Mark's impressed me to a point this season with how protective he's been, and apparently he'll really need to be her shield going into next week. I can't imagine the audience reaction if Kyle/Jennifer go out third I'm already figuring on a Bristol victory, but the editing will tell next week. I think the show is feeling the pressure and probably don't want her winning.

Where they lose me is when I start hearing them say they deserve it most, have worked harder, are the only couple to actually practice on Mondays...it's that sense of entitlement that has really turned me off to these two (not to mention she can't dance).

I just had the most awful thought: Picture ABC salivating over the idea of Bristol as The Bachelorette!

I don't know how many times we have to warn people today.

If you post against our rules by making comments about other people in the thread, you will have your post removed and you run the risk of being banned.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

You can't really take a entertainment gossip site as gold.

I think all the talk about people voting for her without even watching the show just because they were told to is a load of bunk. I am willing to believe a fix from the producers but ordinary people have better things to do than worry about who gets the trophy on a show they don't watch.

I am more inclined to believe she is making it this far because of a vote for the worst type of scheme that is actually working.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4106868;
    My thoughts exactly! I have asked myself if I would've been liking Jennifer more if Maks had been her partner.
    I agree. I wanted to root for Jennifer from the beginning, but I just don't like Derek. I would have loved to see her with Maks.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Jennifer and Maks would have been magnificent! But truthfully, he lucked out with Brandy who developed into a fabulous dancer. Just not appreciated as she should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4108161;
    I think all the talk about people voting for her without even watching the show just because they were told to is a load of bunk. I am willing to believe a fix from the producers but ordinary people have better things to do than worry about who gets the trophy on a show they don't watch.

I am more inclined to believe she is making it this far because of a vote for the worst type of scheme that is actually working.
    It's not. I know people voting her who don't watch the show because they want to "make Sarah happy." Granted it's nutty and out there but it is happening. Someone here had a family member get a letter a while back asking her to vote. Love or hate Sarah she has a loyal following that helps her daughter.

I do also think there are some voting her for a joke like they do for AI where they Vote The Worst. Some do that for craps and giggles where fan voting is allowed. In this case combined with her mom's fanbase is has really helped her along.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4108161;
    You can't really take a entertainment gossip site as gold.
    I don't take gossip as gold. I read the article that MFW originally posted in the Media thread and it has factual links to some of the actual sites pushing for this. Such as the link back to this one taken directly from the article:

Bristol Palin Dancing with the Stars Watch Party Thread HillBuzz.org

Call-in Number: 1-800-868-3407
    Please don’t forget to vote for Bristol Palin on Dancing with the Stars tonight.

The call-in number is above.

You also need to vote for her online afterwards…at ABC.com - Official Site of the ABC Network on the Dancing with the Stars page.

You can start calling the moment the show starts…and you can call as many times as the phone will let you. After that, use someone else’s phone to call the maximum times on that. Then — and I am not telling you to do this — it would not be a bad thing to randomly knock on neighbors’ doors and use their phones and call, call, call, and then call some more.

Then vote like nuts online with all of your email addresses.

If you haven’t heard, the fact we’ve been all doing this for Bristol has been driving the Left NUTS. People magazine, Huffington Post, and other Lefty sites have all been going bonkers over the fact that Palin supporters have been burning up the phones to keep Bristol in the competition through the finale…despite the judges giving her shockingly low scores to try to eliminate her.

The judges want the woman claiming to be Jennifer Grey (but looks nothing like her) to win, with Scotch-on-the-Rocks as a close second (good thing the consolation prize isn’t a car).

We’d like to see Bristol make it to the final three…which is what this week’s voting is all about.

And then we can think about maybe getting Bristol over the judges’ hurdles to upset the Grey-imposter or Scotch after that.

But, we need to get her to the finale for that to happen…so vote, vote, vote and then vote some more.

For conservatives, enjoy the fun of finally, at last, getting a taste of what it’s like to be a Democrat. You can vote as much as you want. You can vote using all sorts of names. You can vote all day. You can’t get paid to vote, because you aren’t really a Democrat, silly, but you can get as close as you can possibly get without being in a union or taking part in ACORN.
    This is also a factual screenshot taken by a FoRT member a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;4095877;
    The Bristol voters are ready.

Last edited by chrisg; 11-17-2010 at 08:01 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread