+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 768

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

  1. #501
    Ancient Beach Babe :) Capegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere :)
    Posts
    12,573

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4107762;
    To actually qualify as an underdog, you can't have your goshdarned mom's rabid fanbase voting for you en masse without even seeing you perform. Part of me now wants to see some average unwed teenage mom with no dancing experience do this show just to see how far she goes with the "she's just like me" contingent. Or maybe Chelsea Clinton, though I know she has better things to do with her time.
    Well - seeing as the judges and Tom have called her the underdog.............. just saying.......
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

  2. #502
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    535

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4107762;
    To actually qualify as an underdog, you can't have your goshdarned mom's rabid fanbase voting for you en masse without even seeing you perform. Part of me now wants to see some average unwed teenage mom with no dancing experience do this show just to see how far she goes with the "she's just like me" contingent. Or maybe Chelsea Clinton, though I know she has better things to do with her time.
    I don't mean to be argumentive but how do we know all these "rabid fanbase" people are voting for this girl? Where is the proof?

    I know that Hollywood people are mostly liberal Democrats and most of the people in the audience are that.....even with Tom B. admitting he is......then you would assume that she would have been out from day one because of all the "hate" for her mom....

    No something else has kept her in my mind.........and it has nothing to do with her mom, but Bristol and how she has shown class, determination, and a williness to learn something she never had experience with before....and actually really showed the world on Monday she accomplished something that very few people could do in such a short time....

    That's what most are basing their votes on to me....

  3. #503
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,910

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4107771;
    No something else has kept her in my mind.........and it has nothing to do with her mom, but Bristol and how she has shown class, determination, and a williness to learn something she never had experience with before....and actually really showed the world on Monday she accomplished something that very few people could do in such a short time....

    That's what most are basing their votes on to me....
    And that's why I now want to see some regular schmoe, middle-american, gum-chewing teenage schlubbette working her ass off on the next season (basically Palin without the well-known and appalling mother). Let's see how that theory plays out. Call it a soft-science experiment if you will.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  4. #504
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4107771;
    I don't mean to be argumentive but how do we know all these "rabid fanbase" people are voting for this girl? Where is the proof?

    I know that Hollywood people are mostly liberal Democrats and most of the people in the audience are that.....even with Tom B. admitting he is......then you would assume that she would have been out from day one because of all the "hate" for her mom....

    No something else has kept her in my mind.........and it has nothing to do with her mom, but Bristol and how she has shown class, determination, and a williness to learn something she never had experience with before....and actually really showed the world on Monday she accomplished something that very few people could do in such a short time....

    That's what most are basing their votes on to me....
    You're entitled to your opinion, and I agree that Bristol has the "she's just like(ie, as bad as) me if I were on the show" vote locked up, but that alone wouldn't be enough to get her through all the weeks of low scores IMO.

    According to a study I read, more Republicans watch the show than Democrats, so if the audience is partisan, it's in the other direction from what you stated. And anyway, as has often been mentioned, it doesn't matter since voting for the person you want eliminated is NOT an option. But I suspect that if it were, Bristol would lead the voting for that as well.

  5. #505
    FORT Fogey n4692u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;4107757;
    What a refreshing post - and I agree - take the politics out of this equation completely - and take a another non-biased look at what she has done - lets call her Jane Doe for a moment - her dancing on monday was wonderful - she showed how hard work paid off........ the music and their interpretation in the dance was hauntingly moving. I admire them for doing that type of waltz - not what one would expect to see for a waltz - especially as compared to what - the type of waltz - that Derek/Jen did - 2 very opposite ends of the spectrum
    I couldn't agree more with your post. I liked their Paso, but I really thought their waltz was hauntingly beautiful. With the music from Passion of the Christ, the interpretation was perfect and unusual.

    I think the two young guns on this show this season have improved the most. I think when one or two of the "stars" come out the first week and dance like pros and the rest look like dogs, you know those two have had some dance experience.

    One poster said at the end, the viewers have more power, but they actually have less. There is that last dance that the judges score on the finale and the viewers do not get to vote on it. In fact. the judges try to pick the winner in the end. Of course, I know Len wanted Gilles to win in S8 and he said so.

    I just wish everyone will remember that the "best" dancer does not always win this show. Can anyone say Emmitt Smith was a better dancer than Mario Lopez? Last season was a joke from week one. Nicole was a pro and even helped choreograph their routines. At least this season, there is a little mystery involved......kinda!

  6. #506
    Ancient Beach Babe :) Capegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere :)
    Posts
    12,573

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    The last dance issue is what drives the finale - ALL judging should include public input - just to keep on track and honest
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

  7. #507
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    535

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4107774;
    And that's why I now want to see some regular schmoe, middle-american, gum-chewing teenage schlubbette working her ass off on the next season (basically Palin without the well-known and appalling mother). Let's see how that theory plays out. Call it a soft-science experiment if you will.
    It would seem to me that Kelly O. got quite far in this contest with having yes famous parents......but most were voting because of how well she worked at succeeding each week....DISPITE having famous parents she actually improved and kept people's interest...and it became about Kelly.

    If you get some regular smuck out there with nothing even coming close to famous......then whether she/he did well or not people just would not care...the interest would not be there...

    Most people including myself thought before this show even started that Bristol from what we knew about her personality would be off this show within a week or two......didn't matter who her mom was....

    What we found and surprised most of America was she had some gumption and drive and though had weeks off in her performances like most she actually became quite good for her non-experience as a performer, dancer, singer, actress type...and to me the publice was becoming more into Bristol than her mom......

  8. #508
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Bristol hijacked Kyle's story arc, and she hijacked the season, taking out much better dancers, but truly believing she deserves to stay over them all. Even Springer, Master P, the Woz, and Ty weren't as delusional.

    Amazing that even Kate didn't bring me this much dislike. Bristol's emotionless expression as Brandy got booted as it for me. And of course spreading that Maks didn't like her, when today Maks cleared it up and said nothing of the kind. I'm sure all his talk of voting and democracy she probably took as a jab towards her.

  9. #509
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    496

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    If the judges base their voting on how well Bristol improved from her first dance and suddenly she is
    deserving of 9s, why was not Kurt given the same consideration? I actually think Kurt was much more
    deserving of higher scores than Bristol.

  10. #510
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    535

    Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4107816;
    Bristol hijacked Kyle's story arc, and she hijacked the season, taking out much better dancers, but truly believing she deserves to stay over them all. Even Springer, Master P, the Woz, and Ty weren't as delusional.

    Amazing that even Kate didn't bring me this much dislike. Bristol's emotionless expression as Brandy got booted as it for me. And of course spreading that Maks didn't like her, when today Maks cleared it up and said nothing of the kind. I'm sure all his talk of voting and democracy she probably took as a jab towards her.
    Bristol and Mark to me looked like they were ready for the announcement they were out....he was patting her arm...and they were looking defeated...

    If you go back look at Bristol when they announced Brandy... the girl was in shock and felt so bad not a smile or hint of being happy

    ......she won, but she really didn't....and that is not quite fair to this girl....

    She is not voting...she is doing her best, and some people like it.....the public voted for her....why dislike her as a person......?

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.