+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

I rarely vote for anyone until the finale. Sometimes I'll vote before then if I think the judges have been especially unfair to a contestant. Last night I voted for Brandy.

I don't want Derek to win again. I like Bristol, but she doesn't deserve to win. I like Kyle, but not Lacey. That leaves Brandy and Maks.

I think people vote for a particular contestant for all sorts of reasons - proficiency at dance being just one of them. When I vote, I give more weight to the performance than I do to the technique. I don't remember who was in the finale against Emmit Smith; I voted for him because even though his technique wasn't as polished, I enjoyed watching him more.

I also don't like the show casting people with dance experience and will vote for their competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4106772;
    I rarely vote for anyone until the finale. Sometimes I'll vote before then if I think the judges have been especially unfair to a contestant. Last night I voted for Brandy.

I don't want Derek to win again. I like Bristol, but she doesn't deserve to win. I like Kyle, but not Lacey. That leaves Brandy and Maks.

I think people vote for a particular contestant for all sorts of reasons - proficiency at dance being just one of them. When I vote, I give more weight to the performance than I do to the technique. I don't remember who was in the finale against Emmit Smith; I voted for him because even though his technique wasn't as polished, I enjoyed watching him more.

I also don't like the show casting people with dance experience and will vote for their competition.
    I think it was Mario Lopez/Karina Smirnoff who was in the finale with Emmit Smith and Cheryl Burke. I voted for Emmit because he seemed like the guy who had become a dancer on the show and Mario seemed like a pro from day one. It's the same reason that I will not vote for Jennifer Grey this season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4106652;
    Last night proved to me what I've always thought about her - she is not "sweet" or "nice". "No offense, but I'm not fake" - how the hell is that not offensive to the people she's competing with? A poor dancer and what little personality she has is not pleasant.
    Something about Bristol has rubbed me the wrong way for weeks now. Very nice and sweet, but I thought she was getting a bit of attitude, especially when she started moaning about not getting better scores. I wondered if Mark was rubbing off on her. I'll cut her a break on missing her family and spending so much time with her son, but she seems to do a quick turn around when she's announced safe. Last week I think she expected it. Anyway, I know it's all editing, but that comment irked me. She's on a TV show, one of the highest rated in the country, and though her mom's bid for VP may have put her in the spotlight, she chose to stay there. So she is Hollywood. And it doesn't help she got the cover of US Weekly when she briefly reconciled with Levi.

Now Bristol's whining about Maks not liking her and not wanting her there, which I'm sure people will believe. Some already do. If Maks felt that way, yes, I believe he'd say it. However, he already has heard it from Mark fans on twitter for one of his blog entries that didn't fawn Bristol with the same praise the show does. So this probably won't help for those looking for an excuse to keep voting for her and Mark. Bristol being the so-called underdog and improvement arc, not to mention giving the show all the press for the season, makes me think she's a lock for the finals as well. Which is too bad.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4106772;

My thoughts exactly! I have asked myself if I would've been liking Jennifer more if Maks had been her partner.
    Would those of us who have criticized Bristol's dancing feel the same way if she were a beloved sitcom star without her famous mom's baggage? Her mom's fame has been a double edged sword. Plenty of people would rather cut off their right arm rather than vote for her because of who she is related to.
    And as far as Kyle is concerned, I might be cheering for him except Lacey is one of my least favorite pros. (And yes, I know she's talented.) I hate the thought of her getting the win before Maks, Tony, Anna and some other deserving people.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4106862;
    Something about Bristol has rubbed me the wrong way for weeks now. Very nice and sweet, but I thought she was getting a bit of attitude, especially when she started moaning about not getting better scores. I wondered if Mark was rubbing off on her.
    I honestly don't think that it's Mark, though I've never really had an issue with him anyway. I've found there to be something vaguely distasteful about her character from the beginning that has nothing to do with how unutterably repulsive I find her goshdarned mom. It's not necessary for one to be loud and obnoxious about it for one to be completely self-involved and generally unkind, and I believe that she is both of those things.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Palin claims, "Maks doesn't like me."

This irks me because I have never heard him say anything even remotely like that. On the contrary it's been just the opposite. This leads me to believe she is shrewder and meaner than many may think. I'm not even a Maks fan nor a Bristol one for that matter but I hate crap like this. It reeks of agenda.

Dancing with the Stars spoilers and news - Digital Spy With The Stars's Bristol Palin has remarked that Maksim Chmerkovskiy "does not like" her.

Speaking to In Touch Weekly, Palin stated that Brandy's professional partner does not believe that she has earned her place in the competition.

"Maks does not like me," she said. "He thinks I don't deserve to be here because I'm not the best dancer."

Palin added that she feels that she has improved more than any of the ABC reality competition's other contestants.

"The show is all about taking someone who has never performed, never danced and turning them into a dancer. I guarantee I am the most improved. I really do work my butt off!"

Dancing With The Stars airs on Mondays and Tuesdays on ABC.
    /news/a288092/dwts-palin-maksim-doesnt-like-me.html

Sadly, I think it's clear that ABC is not gonna stop this train wreck, and it means voting for Jen not Kyle. I really suspect that all the Kyle votes at this point will make Bristol the winner. At least Jen is by far the best dancer now that Brandy is gone. Yeah, I know she is hated for complaining (I'm 50 too and, excuse me, we have earned the right to complain...heh) and I know people hate Derek but if we don't get Jen the win we have a major clusterf*** on a show we love. Sigh.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Apparently, some viewer that was already over stressed shot up his TV at Bristol, and one headline tonight read "Bristol fans ruin DWTS". Personally, I get tired of hearing the judges/Tom/Brooke/producers say 'you need to vote'. What if we are, just some of us don't have the time to vote with 800 e-mail addresses? 2 seasons in a row Anna got screwed out of the tacky trophy, and 3 times Maks has been screwed.

Bristol is the outcome they deserve, because it may be all great now, but all it's going to get them is octomom, the forgotten mistresses of Tiger Woods who want back in the spotlight, Tila Tequila, and some random "ladies" from a cable reality show (take your pick...one of the dating ones that still exist, Bad Girls Club, maybe the White House crashers turned RHWDC participants) lining up to get cast and become the misunderstood underdog that America identifies with.

Eh, I don't know if I'll bother voting next week. I'm still mourning. Derek looked plenty shocked. I wonder if Mark winning with Bristol will still have the 'all for one one for all' attitude they always carried.

People can connect with Bristol. None of the other contestants can say they were working a job at an hourly wage (Bristol as a receptionist) and drove themselves five days down from Alaska to do DWTS. I will agree that Jennifer and Brandy are much better dancers...but they are also so used to performing in front of an audience..and that's a big help for them. I'll vote for Bristol till the end -- with the exception being if it's her and Kyle in the bottom two, then I may switch my vote to Kyle. Another comment, I so want to see Derek get stuck some season with a "least likely to win" celebrity and see how he handles it, he's become smug.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

I am not surprised that Brisol got to the final three, I don't think I will be surprised if she got to the final two. But there is no way she will win this show. I know that up to this point the placement of the contestants is based on 50% judges vote and 50% fan vote. It is pretty obvious that the Tea Party has gotten behind Bristol Palin but it will only take her so far. One thing is apparent though, I and millions of other viewers will be glued to our TV screens next week for the finale.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread