+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

I don't think there's anything wrong asking people to support your loved one. I don't have a problem with the Palins like most people do, and don't have a problem with her asking people to support your daughter (or whoever it is, because I'm skeptical it's actually Sarah doing that-she doesn't need to, everyone knows Bristol is her daughter). I wouldn't say she's impacted ratings like Kate and Pam did last season, because they're down, but average to where they usually are. I remember during season 6 Lucy Lawless and Ricki Lake were trying to get people to vote for Marissa (who was already power voting for herself).

Wow, thanks for sharing, IrishGal.

Bristol is a sweet girl, but I also really think she should have been eliminated this week. I figured Florence would go soon, but I think she should have outlasted Bristol. I just really, really hope a better dancer (like Audrina) doesn't get eliminated next.

Florence & Bristol were both horrible. But Florence has been horrible since week 1, at least Bristol has had a couple of decent performances. To me it doesn't matter which went first, it's not like either has a shot of actually winning.

But, if someone is asking for votes for Bristol even among those who have never watched the show, it now makes sense why her Dial Idol numbers (counted busy signals) are higher than warranted by the judges' scores.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This is nothing new. The only difference here is that a polarizing political figure is stumping for her daughter in a manner that all relatives of all contestants have stumped for their favorites. No smoke, no fire, just hot air. Block voting has been going on since I started following this show. My first season on this board people were bragging about setting up hundreds of accounts so they could power vote for their favorite contestant. After bragging about setting up the accounts the fan was publicly thanked by the contestant. Websites have been set up in the past encouraging non-viewers to vote for a particular contestant even if you had never seen them perform.

The show will never truly be a pure dance competition for this and and other reasons. It's actually a miracle that the top dancers are usually around at the end the way the capricious voting works.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;4089332;
    This is nothing new. The only difference here is that a polarizing political figure is stumping for her daughter in a manner that all relatives of all contestants have stumped for their favorites. No smoke, no fire, just hot air. Block voting has been going on since I started following this show. My first season on this board people were bragging about setting up hundreds of accounts so they could power vote for their favorite contestant. After bragging about setting up the accounts the fan was publicly thanked by the contestant. Websites have been set up in the past encouraging non-viewers to vote for a particular contestant even if you had never seen them perform.

The show will never truly be a pure dance competition for this and and other reasons. It's actually a miracle that the top dancers are usually around at the end the way the capricious voting works.
    Thank you. As was clarified anyway, we don't even know who the letter came from. And even if it did come from Sarah, as long as it didn't use political contributions, may I just say: "So what?" and add "Who the heck cares?" for good measure. No different than campaigning all over the place with sites, petitions, etc. or sending out letters/emails to fan club members saying "Vote for me on DWTS!"

I don't care if the person behind the support/voting drive is a Democrat, Republican, Independent, or another party. Would feel the same way. Just because her mother is a politician does not mean, IMO, the rules should be different for Bristol's supporters/how they drum up support. It's part of the game and the show.

Plenty of other political things for me to get annoyed at in life. This isn't one of them for me, personally. And I say this as someone who doesn't like having politicians, relatives of politicians, etc. on this show, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur;4089291;
    Florence & Bristol were both horrible. But Florence has been horrible since week 1, at least Bristol has had a couple of decent performances. To me it doesn't matter which went first, it's not like either has a shot of actually winning.
    See, I would say the opposite: Florence at least knew her routines every week, even if she didn't execute them perfectly. Bristol hasn't been able to retain the dance steps that Mark gives her, even though he under-choreographs her and over-dances himself to try and cover for it. Corky asked a lot from Florence and she was game.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Joel McHale's take on Bristol's gorilla mask was that was the only way she could get an expression on her face

So according to Derek, the marathon dance is rock n roll this week, not lindy hop (unless LH qualifies as rock n roll). Watching rock n roll dances from last year's SCD, I'm not really sure what the point is. But if that's the case, I'm even more convinced Bristol's getting through this week.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur;4089291;
    Which ones? I've watched them all and unfortunately she stunk in all of them.

She appears to be a hard worker, but so was Louie Vito, for example, and he stunk just as badly.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4089394;
    See, I would say the opposite: Florence at least knew her routines every week, even if she didn't execute them perfectly. Bristol hasn't been able to retain the dance steps that Mark gives her, even though he under-choreographs her and over-dances himself to try and cover for it. Corky asked a lot from Florence and she was game.

Just wantin to say at least Flo didn't have to do a dance number in a I don't know 20-30 lb monkey suit...then take the thing off and still keep on truckin......Even Maks said she did excellent in rehearsal.....but it seems to me the monkey suit was difficult for her to get off during the real thing...

I personally think it was down to Flo and Bristol (maybe Kyle) and Flo lost out.....Bristol unless there is a miracle and she has some facial expressions may be next........

+ Reply to Thread