+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

I did have to laugh at that. Maybe they really were bottom 2 but by not putting them under the red light for the 3rd week in a row, it won't drum up more voters for her. Bristol is very sweet. I think she really wants to try her hardest, improve, stick around, prove what she can do. I know it has to be hard when your only claim to fame is your mama and being an unwed teen mom. I'm sure she's a good one, thought.

However, she should have gone tonight. I don't want her to face a lot of backlash because the show/judges feel the need to kiss her butt every week and overscore/praise her. That jive was equal to Michael's. It had more gimmicks and messing about than Jennifer/Derek's dance. Hopefully she's sent packing next week, because I don't see her improving enought outlast anyone else. It's painfully obvious, and everywhere online people see it. It's a joke. She was cast for ratings and controversy, so that's past, and ratings are right around where they are every season. No name that's ever been cast has skyrocketed the ratings that much and kept them there.

I agree that she should have gone this week on the strength, or lack thereof, of her dancing.
    Perhaps if the judges had given her an honest mark for her performance she might have.
    I guess I'm just incredibly naive but when the show started I welcomed the concept of judges scores and fan votes.
    I felt the judges would give honest critiques and award scores based on how well the star performed the dance. I hoped the judges scores would in some part lessen the impact of fan votes and make it slightly less of a popularity contest.
    Even my untrained eye can see Bristol did not deserve a single six last night, let alone three.
    "That's Numberwang!"

If she was scored a 12 as she should have been she might have gone home as she should have. If anyone else came out in a gorilla suit and forgot a lot of steps they might have been lucky to get a 12. I felt bad for Flo as she was a decent dancer.

Bristol is sweet but she is staying due to her mother's political affiliations and that is sad. Bristol doesn't stay because she can dance or perform but solely due to politics. This show shouldn't be about a political platform and it does a disservice to the other contestants and Bristol herself. Truth is I think she's ready to go. She doesn't look happy at all.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4087773;
    I agree that she should have gone this week on the strength, or lack thereof, of her dancing.
    Perhaps if the judges had given her an honest mark for her performance she might have.
    I guess I'm just incredibly naive but when the show started I welcomed the concept of judges scores and fan votes.
    I felt the judges would give honest critiques and award scores based on how well the star performed the dance. I hoped the judges scores would in some part lessen the impact of fan votes and make it slightly less of a popularity contest.
    Even my untrained eye can see Bristol did not deserve a single six last night, let alone three.
    That is why I'm against the judges having anymore power than they already do. I don't like that they can rank the dancers in the finale after fan voting is done, I don't like them having the ability to take dancers out in the marathon dances (even though fans still have a say), I hated the dance off and am glad that's apparently done and over with. I couldn't imagine the judges votes having more worthy than they already do. Like you, I enjoyed the balance of fan/judges votes when the show first started. I thought it provided something different to the show, and even though the prize isn't a singing or other entertainment career, it gave it a little more credibility. Bristol deserved 4s at best, but I probably would have given it 3s.

Yes, it was gorilla suits and not monkey suits...but since most (except for Bruno) referred to them as monkey suits, that is why I typed monkey suits in my recap.

What surprised me is the scores being as high as 6s with the missed steps and a few smiles from Bristol. What is Len's system? 1 point for showing up, 1 point for dancing...and maybe a couple more for going along with your choreographer's crazy scheme...but I don't see how that dance rated more than 5s.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't think that Bristol will fare too well with two dances to learn. Especially compared to the other couples, her weaknesses will be more obvious on the marathon dance which will net a low score, especially combined with her other dance score.

I believe she is ready to go. She can only coast for so long and her moment to depart will be here soon, probably within the next 2 weeks.

Really her first dance was my favorite in the red fringe dress. She seems to have regressed. I was excited to see her and maybe watch her transform on the show. Most of them lose weight, gain confidence, blossom in some way! It's sort of sad. But with Mark's partners they seem to gain rather than lose weight. I do like that he watches out for his partners and is protective of them. Gads..I need one of he pros to come here and dance with me so I can lose a few...LOL...

FORT Regular

I missed the beginning of Tuesday's program, but Mark and Bristol both looked genuinely surprised in the photo below to still be in the game. Now that I've heard on this board that Mark isn't so bad, I'm glad they'll have an opportunity to go out with hopefully a better performance than last Monday's.

Pictures - 'Dancing with the Stars': results week five - National TV | Examiner.com

I was talking to my 93 yr old ultra-conservative mom tonight and she totally shocked me. She has never watched a reality tv show in her life but she made an off-hand comment about how my younger sister reminded her of Sarah Palin's daughter. I said, what? She said, well they are both heavy girls but pretty and graceful. I said, WHAT? She said, well I've been watching Palin's daughter on that dancing show...what's it called? I said, you mean "dancing with the stars"? She said, that's it, honey. I said WHATWHATWHY? She said, well I got a letter asking me to watch and support her daughter so I have been. I said, have you been voting for Bristol? She said, oh, of course, Sarah asked me to, so of course I am...I just keep calling and voting as many times as I can. I said, but you can barely use the phone. She said, they make it easy and it's an important cause honey.

I'm in shock!

What a surprise.

I'd love it if it turns out that Sarah has been using campaign funds to get these letters sent out...maybe she'll go to jail!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread